Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-14, 18:21

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

I will do that!! Thanks very much again Mayflowers!

I just realised that I should be so thankful for each and every pound lost because it means I've burned off 3,500 calories worth of energy, which is ALOT.

Last edited by maryh : Wed, Apr-16-14 at 18:29.
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-14, 10:55

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Had a wonderful day traipsing around the annual tulip festival in Skagit Valley yesterday. Lot's of walking, great photos, and a wonderful rm out.

Got to try an appetizer we can duplicate at home - crisp brussel sprouts - deep fryed but dry, no breading, just seasoned with cumin and lime. Divine.

Who knew vegetables could be so tasty?
  #2013   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-14, 15:58

BF:

That sounds like such a wonderful day Patricia.

This type of year is the most beautiful for sure.
I went for a walk today too & I just love how refreshing they are.

Those crisp Brussels sprouts sounds so interesting.
Never heard of anything like it before.
I love looking at hotel & restaurant menu's sometimes to get some new ideas also!

#2014   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-14, 07:40

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Had a wonderful day traipsing around the annual tulip festival in Skagit Valley yesterday. Lot's of walking, great photos, and a wonderful rm out.

Hi Pat I was wondering if you are losing faster since you don't eat wheat anymore?
  #2015   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-14, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Hi Pat I was wondering if you are losing faster since you don't eat wheat anymore?

No I don't think so. I am not 100% wheat free though it's about 99% But the rm I just had out, I did have a wheat based focaccia bread. Now most times, I skip any bread or ask them to substitute a gluten-free bun.

I eat gluten free in part because of what I read in Wheat Belly, but mainly because my husband feels so much better eating that way and I want to support him.
  #2016   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-14, 08:47

Default Back to the 207s though barely

Slept in a bit but so happy to see a 207.9 this morning. Despite the weather predictions the sun is out, and I think I will make mini cheesecakes for Easter today
  #2017   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-14, 07:42

Quote:
I eat gluten free in part because of what I read in Wheat Belly, but mainly because my husband feels so much better eating that way and I want to support him.

Thanks. I lose faster when I don't eat wheat. Problem is staying off it. It tastes so good, and it's really addictive. I notice a lot more energy when I don't eat it. When I eat wheat I want to sleep all day long.
I'm on the Stress Eating Cure and I've been trying the big breakfast. It's hard to get used to after years of tiny portion controlled breakfasts. I did notice a difference. When I had the rm at lunch, or dinner, I noticed I was a lot more lethargic during the day and had some cravings. With the breakfast being the rm, I noticed more even energy throughout the day and no sugar cravings though I was a more hungry when lunch and dinner rolled around. So I'm going to try to keep it as breakfast for now except holidays or birthdays..and special occasions. Also one of the things that I wanted to do to boost my health was juicing..green juice and it fits perfectly in with the rm being at breakfast! I have more energy from fresh green juice in the morning.
  #2018   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-14, 10:21

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Thanks. I lose faster when I don't eat wheat. Problem is staying off it. It tastes so good, and it's really addictive. I notice a lot more energy when I don't eat it. When I eat wheat I want to sleep all day long.
I'm on the Stress Eating Cure and I've been trying the big breakfast. It's hard to get used to after years of tiny portion controlled breakfasts. I did notice a difference. When I had the rm at lunch, or dinner, I noticed I was a lot more lethargic during the day and had some cravings. With the breakfast being the rm, I noticed more even energy throughout the day and no sugar cravings though I was a more hungry when lunch and dinner rolled around. So I'm going to try to keep it as breakfast for now except holidays or birthdays..and special occasions. Also one of the things that I wanted to do to boost my health was juicing..green juice and it fits perfectly in with the rm being at breakfast! I have more energy from fresh green juice in the morning.

Mayflowers: I am doing a modified juice/protein diet right now ala Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead and staying as close to CAD as possible. I sent you a private message about it. I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days.

MIW
  #2019   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-14, 14:43

Mayflowers, you have to find what works for you. I'm 207.9 this am..not a big loss week, but for a holiday week, I'll take it.

I love what I've settled on, it certainly works well for me. Love calp!
  #2020   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-14, 15:15

BF:

Quote:

I love what I've settled on, it certainly works well for me. Love calp!

Me too Patricia, I love the CAD & I'm feeling wonderful these days. No blood sugar problems at all.
I agree that its all what works for the person.

Happy Easter Everyone!!
Determined not to go crazy today & to stay on plan!
Its so much better.
  #2021   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-14, 06:18
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi!
I'm back from my visit to DD and the babies! I miss them already.
I'm up a couple/few pounds from when I left- it will be gone in a day or two. All of the eating out- salt, sugar, who knows what else.
Came home last night and had salmon, salad, and a eskimo pie ice cream bar.
Tonight's RM will be Cornish game hen, asparagus and potato cake (for DH), salad.
One of my local markets has grass fed ground beef on BOGO today- so I'm stocking up. I have DH organizing the freezer so I can get at least 10 lbs. Tomorrow we will have burgers, butternut squash, salad and spinach.

I have not been walking more than 30 minutes/day, and miss it. I'm branching out to bicycling (thank you Pat) and maybe swimming laps. I am also going to an exercise class once a week.

I know it is hard when no one posts, but let's face it- this family of plans is basically gone. NO publicity, no new books, very hard to find it. I feel so BLESSED that I did my research 12 years ago and found these books. I also read the Protein Power books- another great plan based on solid science that has all but faded away.

PAT!!! AMAZING!!!! Hope your Easter ham and brisket were great.
MaryH- it is great that you are figuring out your blood sugar swings.
Mayflowers- can you post that cashew recipe???

Later-
E
  #2022   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-14, 08:00

3 tablespoons butter
4 cups raw cashew pieces
2 teaspoons salt or 1 tablespoon Vege-Sal
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon curry powder
Pinch cayenne

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put your butter in a big roasting pan and put it in the oven while it heats.
In a few minutes your butter should be melted. Pull the pan out of the oven, add the cashews, and stir until they're coated evenly with the butter. Return to the oven and roast for 10–12 minutes, stirring two or three times during the cooking. While the cashews are roasting, stir together all the seasonings in a little dish. When your cashews are a pretty gold color, pull 'em out of the oven. Sprinkle the seasonings over them and stir till they're coated evenly. Store in a container with a tight lid. Oh, who am I kidding? These will never stick around long enough to get stale! 20 servings, each with 166 calories, 14 g fat, 4 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber

Carpender, Dana; Rob Thompson (2008-10-03). The Glycemic-Load Diet Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Reverse Insulin Resistance
  #2023   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-14, 21:18

Glad to see you back Eno. The brisket was near perfect, the ham, our best effort so far re curing our own and then smoking it, using no sugars.

Some lessons learned this past week...well, I hope learned.

I didn't take a day off, but had little exercise except one day with a heck of a lot of walking. I ate a lot more salt than usual, didn't drink enough, and instead of just 1 carb at my rm, was having 3-4 (little bits..stayed under my chosen calorie goal per day).
This led to a gain this week of .89, and a shocking one day weight this morning of 211.5! Which I expect to be gone by tomorrow..lol.
  #2024   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-14, 10:24

Heading back down..ahhhhh! 209.4 this morning. Drinking tons of liquids and staying away from leftover ham - so good, but salty.
  #2025   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-14, 11:03

And down some more..despite my eating chocolate for rm carb, as I will be for weeks (don't ask how this happened...).

209.2 this am, hoping to see 208s tomorrow and 207s by Saturday.

Making a new recipe for a paleo chicken with lemon and herbs for tonight.
Closed Thread