Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 06:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz quickie here
just think you are 'doing school' now to change your career in the future. Your 'job' now is to pay the bills as easily as you can
Just hold strong, you are chomping at the bit for that freedom which is coming your way when you graduate and find a 'new niche' that will work for you!!!
Exciting changes coming your way my friend

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, May-22-18 at 06:28.
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 06:31

BF:

Lori I can SO hear the excitement in your post, so cool of a trip is coming your way!!

Thurs will be here before ya know it.

Fingers crossed and prayers said for you on an uneventful, easy flight time on all this travel!!!! I got your back on this HA

Throw a bunch of beef sticks in your purse. I would, if they take them, well, ugh, but if they let you keep them you have them with ya....plus the world is almost all the same in a way. Land in Scotland and BUY a ton of beef sticks You will be very ok on all of this!!
  #2013   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 17:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

LOL Trig on the eating at night/omelet story. I tell ya, if it isn't one thing, it's anther! Your Dh probably tripped her hunger when he started cooking the hot food and she could smell it- stirred up her appetite!.

We had a couple of sunny days but now the rain and storms are back. Oh well. At least the grass is mowed! Pool is supposed to be opened on Thursday, guess we will see if they can get it done or not

Jaz- Yes you are right, we are on the same page and that helps TREMENDOUSLY. We kind of switch around with who plays the heavy on minor league stuff- certain things bother him and not so much me, and vice versa, but on something major we are both all in like a tsunami wave.

Girl, I feel for you on the cube work life. I literally could not. I know this about myself. There is just no way. My body and mind won't have it, plus I don't like putting up with other people or being told what to do. LOL I am a piece of work!

LOVED the pics you sent. LOVE THEM!! Ava and her brother look a lot alike IMO.

Blue- Yep, definitely had it easier with the other two. This one has pulled out the manual and is ticking the "teenager" boxes. He is definitely cowed at the moment though. He has no recollection of triggering his parents like this before. Thanks for your words, and your thoughts and your understanding. Nice thing is, through it all, he understands that our love for him is immutable. It was and is and always will be what it was at his birth- he can't make it more, or less in any way. It just is and always will be. As long as we got that, we'll survive all this other stupid shizz he is putting us through.

Look at you, working on multiple projects. That is just so awesome. I am so happy for you, and proud of you and how you have handled the changes and adversity. This is the icing on the cake!

KMom- So sorry that your older daughter and family canceled. I understand why for the Dh but wish the Daughter and kids had come and just let him work. Lord knows I certainly would have and not thought twice!

God love you putting up with company for 11 days, TWICE! There is no one on the planet that I would want staying here that long and sometimes that includes my husband and kids!

Glad you are staying strong. You've been missed and glad you will be back around!

LORI!! Your trip is practically here! Are you so excited?! I am excited for you!! Take some pics to share with us.

•••••••••••••••••

Things are going fine here. Picked Ds16 up at 12:30 for his wisdom tooth removal consultation. He gets them out early June. Keeping him close by and all restrictions continue for quite some time to come. But things are going well overall.

DS19 got his grades today and he rocked it out. By UMD standards he finished his first year of college with a 4.0, by law school standards a 4.13. He is really happy with that. I tell you, the Econ class was the first time I have ever seen the kid really really sweat. He worked his BUTT off for that grade. It's good for him to be so challenged.

DD23 got a promotion at work, which is awesome, and was also accepted into an online Masters degree program at Penn State. So she is doing awesome also. Yay!

Got gym time in today so all rings will be closed. I think today will be day 27 or something like that? Crazy!!

Had Roadkill for dinner tonight and tomorrow will be crack slaw, then leftovers Thursday.
  #2014   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 18:33

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Trigger---hmmmm. My head hurts. I wonder if it's from all that hammering.

Know just what you you mean about later at night when we're worn down by the day. That's when they can slide one by us easier, and they know it. Laughed when you described kiddo as "mooshy." My teenager was too, as well as seemingly really lazy. But then he sprouted up a half foot in about a year when he was 16. Sometimes I think they're just tired out from growing in so many ways.

The kiddo is going to do just fine, in fact, she is going to do very well. I just know it, because I know your love for her. Her laziness will disappear when it suits her, and not a minute before. But then one day, you'll watch her go after something like a bat out of hell, and you'll think, who is that girl?!

Eh---they may not always fly straight, but they fly just fine if they were loved and respected and considered.

Jaz---Those pictures are so dear. Ava is adorable, even though I know she struggles. But she's looking kind of chubby, like a baby should. I'll tell you pal, you raised one heck of a daughter. I'm sure her hubby is great too, but I know who the bulk of her care falls to. And your daughter just keeps keepin' on, just like you.

As for work, I agree w/Trig. It's temporary. You're lining up all your pins, and before you blink, you'll have bowled them down, and be somewhere else w/another degree and more choices. That said, like Nic I could never deal w/cubbies, which is why I became an independent contractor---which ain't no bowl of cherries either. This is why any way you slice it, they call it WORK.

Oh...and, "On top of all that- you are rolling with a sweet pot on LC." Just let it be said, I don't inhale. Don't know how you do it darlin'.

Also agree w/Trig, worrying about water retention from brats is something to take OFF your list of worries. It's not real weight, and your choices are limited enough as it is. Just enjoy your brats when you have them, and don't let the scale boss you around on this! LOL, it's just f'ing w/you.

K-mom---Oh, SIGH, that must be so disappointing for you---your daughter's family needing to cancel. Not to mention, OMG, I get you on all the work to change all the work you did to make the arrangements to begin with. In the old days you just called your travel agent. Haha, where did they go? Now we get to do it all ourselves on those never ending sites with never ending info, and we're scared to death how much it might cost us to click on the wrong thing.

On your bathroom---renovation is just another word for SURPRISE! Who knew what was underneath? It's always about what you can't see. But then it gets done, and it's great. Still, frankly, I hope to never do it again. A silver lining in my situation.

Lori---You leave what, tomorrow or the next day? I have loved the build up to your trip and hearing all about it. Sending hugs and hopes your way for the race, everything else will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear about it, and hoping you'll drop us just a line or two from bonny Scotland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked my butt off today. By tomorrow I should be most of the way there on my projects to be up to date. Very happy to have them, but it's a whole new world, and learning new clients is a whole different kind of work, plus the work. But I'll be so lucky if even one of these new clients ends up giving me more work. Not because I didn't please them, but they are small and not the kind of steady work I was so used to. But they sure have blown some wind under my wings. I'll take what I can get, and they've shown me, I can get it!

Great day on plan today. Two brats for lunch. (hello, Jaz). Pick them up at a local convenience store. Love the Johnsonville ones, so chewy and good. I add hot peppers, a bit of onion, and mustard. Totally satisfying and worth a quick then gone bloat up, if it happens. But I won't know specifically, because I don't do the scale these days.

Will get back on it when I feel it will be more friendly to me. Otherwise, can't expect it to tell me something I don't know. And I do know I've gained some pounds. As always, my clothes will tell me when it's time to risk the scale again.

Dinner? Blissfully not hungry at all. Hubby is out of town, so I'll make something when I feel like it. Probably a burger w/all kinds of melty cheese on it.

In any case, my carb count should come in really low today. Like maybe 10 to 15. I'm pullin' myself back into the saddle. Feels good.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, May-22-18 at 19:06.
  #2015   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 19:02

BF:
Progress:

Oh dear, just re-read my post. How could I leave out Nic?! I'll tell you how, fried brain today. But Not going to let that stand.

Nic---Haha. Nothing better than a cowed teenager. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Wow on your oldest son's accomplishments in his first year in college. I remember everything he went thru to excel, just in getting into where he wanted to go. That didn't work out in every way he wanted it to, but it sure did work out in an excellent way for him, from what I can see.

He is the achiever kid, right? Which doesn't mean the other two aren't, it just means they're going to take a less straight and aggressive path to it. My brother is like that. He was always the one with straight As and a clear mission. Although I'm the older sis, it took me more time to find me. There's hope for both types, as I can personally testify to.

Congrats to your daughter too. A Masters these days is an excellent choice to assure more choices!

How are you doing on the NOs. Still comfy?

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, May-22-18 at 19:07.
  #2016   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 04:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Geeze so much a happening = life on here. Coming and going!

Nic- Wowsa, on those grades for your kids!!!! I know you are a proud momma. As for the 16DS- Sounds like a pup with his tail tucked now- and towing the line!

OK- I had to laugh out loud, I KNOW I am VERY old school, but I am getting the RINGS- are the things you are getting on your fit bit??? And road kill is MEAT????? - crack slaw, I KNOW that one!!!
HAHAHAHAHA
I actually have been thinking about getting a fit bit. On the fence on that one. Just another way for Big Brother to know where I am. BUT I could use the motivation. What are your thoughts?

Blue- I am pleased as punch for you my friend! Working away and feeling good! Plus back in the LC saddle EXACTLY where you need to be! YAY on you. BTW- you never did say when YOUR birthday is?!?!?!?!

Trig- a mooshy kiddo huh. That is a great WORD! But she is a deep thinker I bet. Like Blue I think one of these days she is going to just take off in a sprint! They have a way of doing that OVERNIGHT!
My was the sports type- my son was the quite type. They all have personality from the get go! Yes they do!
They bloom right in front of your eyes and before ya know it they leave the nest!

Lori- I know you are chomping at the bit! You are clock watching about now! Trig is right- they will have beef sticks there too! Amazing most airports looks ALL the same now. Funny for all of our differences in the world, we are more alike than not.
I would treat myself to "something" while you are there. down't need to be food. Jewelry, top, SOMETHING!!!
Good luck on the RACE!!!!! can't wait to hear all about it!

Kmom- I will pick up the water tracking next week. Just note that I am drinking- mindful drinking! I take a bag of 6 waters.
I hope you are getting back into your routine. After having company for a long time would wear me out! I love my space. I have come to get that about myself. I get peopled out. I am such a giver during the day I need to recharge at night.
I bet maybe you are that way too!
--------------------------------------------------
Ok- Like you Blue- I am doing the mental check list in my head to make sure I haven't "missed" anyone! But then as I am doing that I always seem to have something ELSE to say to someone!
HAHAHAHAHAH-

I agree Trig- my "job" right now is to get through school, and do something else. I am really leaning towards teaching or being an instructor. I had a lovely conversation with my instructor. I emailed her and was asking tons of questions to the point she finally wrote back with just a phone number!!! HAHAHAH- ROFL-

Anyway, I really enjoyed our conversation. My take away I got from her were 2 things. 1.) She started her program at 52 as well and doors flew open for her when she was finished
2.) She is living my dream. She works from home, lives on the beach in Florida and makes darn good money to be an instructor. She gets to interact with all her students from all over the world.

Wow- I would love that! Get a little house on the beach somewhere. She said, "oh yea- I love what I do. I grade papers on my patio over looking the beach and my pool". REALLY????? No cube life for her.
So I am putting in the work now- to get there. I have 20 years of working left. I don't want to end in a cube. Agreed- that is my first priority- school.

The other is just to keep the lights on and pay for school. I love the way that was put.
Speaking of work. My bosses boss wants to sit with me today. She wants to see how I "manage" my team. honestly - I think it is an informal interview for something else.
Really she is driving 2.5 hours to "sit" with me for the heck of it?!?! I don't think so.
I was given the heads up yesterday. Believe it or not my boss told me she ws coming. When I ask her what for - she said she really didn't know. OK.........

So gotta run. Got a huge piece of salmon for later. Tuna/ mayo if wanted.
TRIG- how is the vinegar working for you? Are you doing that too?
Lori- you said you do that too. Have you noticed any difference?

Have a great day ladies!
  #2017   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 04:39

BF:

Nicco so happy the kids are doing so well. Nice they have seen the good results of their working hard! Sets them up in good when older!

Can't get in my pool just yet, water just a bit too cold for me still, need those higher temps. at night to keep that water warmer. Shouldn't bee too long now.

Roadkill for dinner Love that.

Blue, oh yea, I had to hammer you. I cringe at telling the Chop he might be right! HA HA

Happy you are settling into a new kind of working atmosphere and finding new clients etc. Those might recommend you to someone else and so on. Nothing stays the same does it? We settle into our good routine and bam, after many years of feeling comfortable we get it ripped out from under us, but at least you are finding ways to work that suit you now and you know what kinda to expect from this new way of working.

Hey all
not sure what is going down today. Hubby I know is mowing somewhere , gotta get'er done.
Hoping for big sun and hot hot hot to get in pool and enjoy a bit. Little of this and that.

So kiddo around 7 is looking weird. I say what is wrong and she says she has a concussion. WTH? HA HA
She says she has a slight headache so I give her some meds.
She then says she has a concussion? Hmmm....
I say ya gotta whack yourself on the noggin hard to have one, you just got a slight headache.
She says I did hit my head.
I say how?
She says I don't want to say.
I say you have to tell me so spit it out

She has a broom handle pole she swings while walking around the backyard goofing off......this time she swung it up and whachked herself real hard between her eyes!
OMG I had to leave the room I wanted to laugh so darn hard, yea it was just so funny when she said it.

I told her she won't be dying nor does she have a concussion, just close the blinds and close your eyes....she went to bed a little after 7 and slept thru...……...AND OF course she is saying she is brain dead this morning and trying to get out of school!! It is all I can do to not yell at her this morning HAHA
She is GOING to school. I knew last night this would be a pain in the azz morning with her and I was right. She said she can't think at all and should be home and I said go to school and not think there! ugh

Under 3 weeks left of school, omg she wants it done

ok off to handle this morning
everyone have a fine day
  #2018   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 05:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Trig......hit herself in the head with a broom handle?? I shouldn't laugh, but oh my. Does she have a nasty bruise? I love that you told her to go to school and not think there.

Jaz.....what a goal....to be an instructor and sit and look at the ocean while grading papers and interacting with students....wonderful! Hope your day with the boss goes well today. Wonder what they are thinking? They know they have a prize in you, that's for sure.

Nic...congrats on your kids excellent school results! How exciting for your DD to be entering a Master's program.....and you gotta love Penn State!

KMom...Sorry some of your family will not be able to go on the cruise, but understand not wanting to risk a new job. I'm sure it made lots of details to work out for the staterooms etc.

Blue....Sounds like you are back in the saddle for sure! Both with your WOE and work. A burger with melty cheese is a perfect dinner for me too. I eat a lot of ground beef......and of course, cheese. Yum!

The countdown is on! Yesterday I packed my backpack having to eliminate several items due to space constraints. Then I sat here trying to remember what I ended up packing and went upstairs and unpacked to look. Ended up trying on my choices, taking out a few things and putting a few different things in. Sigh....I'm a mess. I emailed my friend in England that I was in a panic and not at all sure that I'm bringing the right clothing and she wrote back....."Breathe"...She said not to worry as she will no doubt bring a week's worth and I can borrow a sweater or whatever if I need it. She's a doll. She's coming on the train from southern England.....7 hours!! I totally removed all rain gear as the weather is looking good. No room for a silly rain coat!

Today I'm going to go for a 3-4 mile run and then home to shower and get ready for my chiro appt. After that I'll come home and put my face on and then run a few errands. BIL is coming this afternoon just for a few hours on his way home from a meeting just north of us. We're going out for dinner and then he'll be heading home.

Tomorrow morning I'm sure I'll be feeling "sick" with nerves. Last minute prep and then heading for the airport around Noon. 3 hour drive to get there. Not looking forward to the traffic on the beltway around Baltimore, but I'm trying to time it out so I won't hit it at rush hour. 6 lanes(or whatever) going each direction....this country girl is not used to that mess.

Ok....Time to get my arse in gear and get my run done......last practice before the big day!
  #2019   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 06:49

BF:

Lori- I bet you are already starting to freak out with excitement and nerves. It is a huge deal, this trip.. just going over there PLUS having the 10K also! Clothes wise, try not to worry. Your friend has you covered plus you can always grab something there if you are desperate.

Stay away from the Beltway after about 3 PM!

Trig- Aaaaahahahahaha I needed that laugh this morning. That was too funny!! Love your response too. That whole story made my day.

Jaz- I have an apple watch, so I can't speak to a Fitbit. I will say, though, that I have location services turned off, unless I am using the map app, and all sharing turned off as far as sharing activities with others etc. I am pretty wary of big brother as well. I have found it exceedingly motivating- far far more than I would have expected.

Roadkill is sort of like seasoned hamburger steaks, topped with sliced caramelized onion, mushrooms and provolone cheese. It is delicious!

Your future plans sound great and like an excellent fit for you. Good luck with the boss's boss visiting you today!

Blue- Yep, DS is the super-goal-driven achiever one. DD is also an achiever. They both have a lot of firstborn traits and a strong work ethic.
And yes, definitely there are a lot of paths to get to where one wants to go and for some they are not at all linear!

NoS going well - I think I am a month in now. No idea if weight loss has happened or not. I am guessing I am probably holding still. But it has been a very good mental break for me and I am enjoying the livability of it at this stage of the game. It has been an absolute life saver for me during this emotional week.

Love your Uber-positive mood and upbeat happiness going on. You have got your groove back, Stella!

•••••••••

It's a sunny day outside, can I get a Hallelujah! Will take the dogs out for a walk to get the exercise in today, plus vacuuming and a little more housework. Bumped cleaners to next week when we have company coming in.

Dh and I have started watching The Office with DS16. He and DD23 are OBSESSED with the show. So far it is clever and funny.

As I mentioned to Blue, NoS is going well. Not much else to report on that front. Just doing the plan.

Pool gets opened tomorrow! It'll be a few days before we can get in but that signifies summer coming for sure. And only 15 more days of school for DS16!
  #2020   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 08:52

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Lori:
Tomorrow is the big day! Sounds like you are ready in so many ways...except for feeling peaceful. I hope your nerves can calm down and you can enjoy every minute of this adventure. You have trained hard. Don't cheat yourself out of even the smallest joys throughout this journey. You might sit next to an amazing person on the plane. You might feel stronger than you thought throughout the flight there. I am hoping for a peaceful, calm day for you tomorrow...and today too!

Nic:
I applaud you for the steps you took with DS16. I like to call that "tightening things up." It seems we are gracious and understanding and accepting and giving the benefit of the doubt...and then at some point we say...this is not working. Enough is enough. Time to get tough. And we do it with all the same love and conviction that we have when we do it the other way. We want the best for them, and this is the way we think we need to do it now. I have a lot of hope that this will impact him in a positive way...but maybe not at first.

Blue:
Happy for the small projects for you that are giving you some needed wind beneath your sails! I realize these are small clients, but it would be so great if they could use you again..or refer you to other clients! Maybe at least one of them will find a way! Yeah, you are right...bathroom floor was a surprise, but I will be happy to know it is strong now. I have a older home, so I never know what to expect!

Jaz:
YES!!!! I see you on the beach in a quaint little house grading papers and interacting with students! And it can happen! Keep pressing on! You've got this! I am sure we are all anxious to hear about the meeting with the big boss! ~ About the cruise...I was really hoping my daughter would come with her four kids without her hubby. But I was not surprised when she said no. She did not want to experience it without him. I get that. I will pay for their family to go next summer. ~ My company...this couple is my daughter's in-laws. My daughter lives across the street (DDAS) so they stay here when they come. It is much easier on my daughter. They tend to "hover." It works out perfectly because they love to help me. I do not charge them anything and they love to help as a thank-you. They are amazing! She can do almost anything and he is a happy, merry worker. He tore up all my raspberries (because they were filled with bugs). Helped me plant grass seed there. Tore up all my day-lilies on the side of my house. She added a lock to a door in my basement, painted my foyer, did most of the work designing my kitchen, etc. There are too many things to list. We get along really well. They are both talkers, but I enjoy them. Sometimes I just nod and only half way listen...but every now and then I will add a comment or ask a question so they think I am engaged. Wrong, I know...But they really talk a lot! ~ Oh, and please remember to include me in emails. Thanks.

Trig:
Funny story about the broom handle, but might have hurt a lot. It'f funny with head stuff....sometimes it does not matter how hard the hit is compared to where it has been hit. But sounds like she is fine. And good she went to school! Hopefully that will get her mind off of it. I am sorry if I missed it, but what will she be doing this summer? Any camps? I know she will enjoy the family vacations.

Me:
I am focused getting ready for a wedding in a couple of weeks. It will be in the back yard of my DDAS's house. I think the wedding rehearsal dinner is going to be here. It is challenging for me as I won't be here. I leave to visit my daughter in D.C. in a couple of weeks. My SD is going with me and we return the night of the wedding. We will make the reception. My sister is coming to visit during that time. It is her son that is getting married. She is the one that is in a lot of pain, and in a wheelchair. A ramp is getting installed at my house this afternoon. I had it installed a couple of years ago for her visit. She is also ordering an electric recliner to be delivered. She sleeps in that. Tons of other relatives coming...another sister and her hubby, a brother and his wife, and a lot of nieces and nephews. It will be a great time together.

Like I said, there are so many clothes within reach for me. The capri's are from LLBean (just casual with a draw string waist). But I just love the fit and feel of them. Well, I like the fit when they fit! Four tops from JJill. One I will bring back to the store soon. One I wore yesterday, and the other two I am not sure about.

Blue, I took my daughter to a really cool tea room yesterday. I would love to go there with you some day. I would like to maybe even wear a hat! Well, that might be a little stretch for me!

Say, what about if one night we all dress up and go to a fancy restaurant during our time together? Or a place like this Tea Room. It was so much fun and not too expensive.

Just had my O4. Planning to have a 1/2 c. of my granola for lunch. Then you all got me craving a hamburger patty with bacon and caramelized onions and cheese! Such a great taste and filling too! Will have that for supper.

Hope you all enjoy your Wednesday...and yes, Lori...take deep breaths!

K-Mom 10x4
  #2021   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 17:28

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

K-mom---So fun to see such a long and juicy post from you. I loved hearing about how your guests are your daughter's in laws, and how hard they worked to "earn their keep." Not because you asked them to, but because they're that kind of folks. Do you think they'd be open to staying with us?

Tea room thing here sounds very fun. Wondering where it is. Would be happy to meet you there any time! And yes, I too think for one meal on our LC gals trip, we should get just a bit dressy---thinking of you dear Nic and Trig, I said "a bit." And go out to one great place and "cheers dears" the heck out of the evening. The rest of the time we can find funky good casual restaurants.

I CAN NOT wait for that weekend, gals. We are going to have ourselves a blast.

Nic---I like the words you used here: "...they're not all linear." YEP. I think humans at their best are gorgeous that way. You never know who will surprise the heck out of you, or when, in the best of ways.

And yes, you can get a "hallelujah" from me to you. We had a rough April weather wise, but our May has been gorgeous. Keep reading about all the rain from you guys in the eastern parts. No sign of that here. Just one sunny day after another. In fact, I'm actually ready for a rainy day!

I am happy for you that the NOs are a settling influence for you right now. And really understand how it saves your bacon, ( and we always want lots of bacon on hand) when times are stressful. And imo, NOTHING more stressful than worrying about your kid.

Jaz---Oh, I so love your instructor's life, and I particularly love that she gave you a vision of what might be for you. Unlike my biz, your biz will hire you for years and years to come. Was just talking to my oldest friend in the world. She is a geriatric nurse, and she was saying, as long as I can do my stuff, I could work till 80 if I wanted to. Of course, she doesn't want to do that. But she is the angel of mercy for her patients, and she's far from done. Still loves it. I envy her that.

Healthcare is chronically understaffed in every slice of the pie. Being there and doing it, working to make it happen thru endless layers, as you do, teaching others to make it happen. You are in an excellent industry to grow older in.

And, you're one smart gal to go to school and up the ante. Plus, I figure school right now, while a burden to juggle with everything else, is keeping you alive and fresh and full of hope.

So. What happened with "sit in" big boss?

Trigger---OMG. LMAO at your post about the kiddo swingin' around the back yard and wacking herself. Not to say I'm not empathetic or concerned about how much that hurt. Just sayin' I understand why you had to get out of the room before you burst out laughing.

And can I just add to the others here---SO LOVED your "Go to school and not think there!" She may be wiley, but you are MORE wiley. Reminds me of that great scene in "Fried Green Tomatoes" when Kathy Bates tells young and frisky gal who she just had a parking lot car accident with and who is trying to intimidate her---"I'm older than you, and I've got better insurance." Always. makes me laugh, and reminds me we older gals HAVE got some things going our way.

Lori---Tomorrow you're off! I am looking forward to this for you. You have pre travel jitters big time, and I get that. You just need to be on your way. Once you're on your way, all your pre trip jitters will start to melt away, because you will be present in actually DOING IT. New phase of the trip. And that's when the fun begins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked hard again today---I'm a front loader when it comes to work. I get it done as soon as I can, and always surprise my clients when I show up with a presentation before they expected it. Oh yeah, I always bargain for the most time I can get at the inception of any project. Just in case. But 99% of the time I'm driving home from that first meeting already thinking about what I'll do.

I can be a procrastinator in other areas, but not in my work. I have learned to strike when the iron is hot, which is usually very soon after you've gotten the assignment, reviewed it, and understand it.

Am happy to have these projects, and mowing thru them. No time for house stuff this week. So even though I know these projects will come to an end soon, and then who knows, I also realize I've got to get back to the business of
down sizing and moving out. It is HUGE.

So, allowed myself a treat. Have always wanted a good trench coat/rain coat. You don't need it often, but when you do, you do. And it's such a classic look.

Today I got a London Fog trench coat I ordered at a great sale price at Macy's. It fits like a dream. I love it. But, I'm thinking I need to return it, as this shouldn't be a financial priority for me right now. And even on sale, London Fog doesn't come cheap. We'll see. I need to think about it. Sometimes I just want to know I have choices.

Today marks my 6th day totally on plan, something that used to be normal but hasn't been lately. Tomorrow we meet a couple pal of ours out. They picked the restaurant, and it's not great for low carb, buy having looked at the menu, I CAN make it my 7th day on plan, but wouldn't be the restaurant I would have chosen to stay on plan. But that's the way it goes.

I am debating whether to allow myself a treat night, or not. Heck, I've been so naughty for weeks, I'm just really enjoying being back on plan. To be determined, but I'm liking how I feel back on plan.

Lunch: bunless burger w/cheese, thin slice of onion, and another great Trader Joe's find for me, Wasabi Mayo. It is fab. Tickles my taste buds and that's what I need.

Dinner: Baby back ribs. Hubby is back home and grilling away. He always does my ribs w/Guy's spicey no carb sauce. I LOVE THAT STUFF. Hot and tasty, don't feel one bit deprived with it. It's yummy to me. Will have a simple side salad with the ribs.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, May-23-18 at 17:37.
  #2022   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 03:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Well...the day has arrived! I was hoping for a great night's sleep last night, but it was not to be. DH got up at 12:30 to go to the bathroom and I woke up. Back to sleep but awake again at 3:30.....looked at the clock at 4......finally got up at 5. Mind was whirling. Maybe since I'll be extra tired I'll actually be able to sleep on the plane tonight? Yeah....right.

Yesterday I did my little 3 mile run/walk. Just think I only have to do twice that on Saturday! When I went to my Chiro yesterday I was lying on the table and she said "Do you think your body shape has changed since you've been doing all this running?" I said yes, I thought it had. She said, "Well, I'm telling you that you look like a completely different person!" She is constantly battling her weight and she is trying to get her husband & son on board with LC/Keto eating. We always talk about diet/exercise while I'm there. Anyway, it was nice to have her tell me that she could see the changes.

I will try to pop in and let you all know that I've arrived safely. We have Wifi in our apartment, so I'll try to email or possibly pop on here and post a quick Hello. I'll also try to let you know that I've survived the 10k!!

I'll miss you all!
  #2023   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 04:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hello!!!

Blue- I loved your post! You know I have a friend who has a jingle. It has stuck in my head for YEARS- but fits your situation. Big clients vs. small clients. People now days walk right on by pennies on the street. It's true- I see them all over the place. Just pennies. I used to walk by them too. Until the "jingle".
Pennies make dimes, dimes make dollars. dollars matter. - thats it. So simple and so true- pennies turn into to dollars and they matter!
Small clients are the bread and butter! Good on you to get through that work ASAP! Your creative juices are flowing right after the meeting I am sure!
The house will be there when you are done! I love a good trench coat too! Plus a London Fog- they are the gold standard! I had one of those once when I was married. Found it believe it or not at a thrift store. It still had the tags it!!! What a find that was. Somewhere in all my moves I have lost track of that! But I just love that look!

Trig- You had the best post of yesterday!!!! It was priceless!!! I have to wonder what your kiddo was thinking the broom stick was? She was in her world and it could have been a wand, or a twirly stick!
Have you never turned up the music real loud when you are mopping and use the mop as a "mike"and just become a rock star in the kitchen?!?!?!?!?! ROFL ROFL!!!!!! Thanks for such a great smiley post!!!!

Lori- You are most likely either on your way or on the plane by now. Fingers crossed on non- bumpy flight. Then have a GRAND time!!!!

Kmom- I loved your post too. I laughed at the thought of yappy hovering elderly couple chatting away, and you just smiling and nodding. OMG- I would ZONE OUT!!!
I love however they are helpers! Have you ever had a guest that expects to be WAITED ON???????
My mother in law was that way. Never lifted a finger- and complained the entire time about this and that!
Just sparked a memory ----- hehehehe- So one visit she and her husband stay for the weekend. The food I was serving was all Paleo at the time. Loads of veggies and meat. It gave her the trots all weekend and she accused me of trying to kill her via food.
Everyone laughed at that one. Even the ex. Always about the food!!!!! HAHAHAHAH
I have moved on from that trend- it didn't work.

Nic- hummmmm I might need to look at a motivator watch. Why did you pick an Apple Watch over a Fitbit? Just wondering?
Cool on the pool. Do you have a pool service? Hoping the weather is nice this weekend. Do you have the kids coming in?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was just NONSTOP back to back just flat busy. Came home- tossed my salmon in the pan- fired up the computer and worked until 10. I had to finish responding to 2 peer posts from school. Was dog tired and hit the bed within minutes after finishing.

Yes the "sit down" with the bosses boss - was definitely an informal interview. Not only that - but she was fishing for information regarding my boss. It was such and AKWARD place to be.
She was asking me questions like how often M interacts with staff, does she do her own reports, if not who does them (ME). Does she attend IDT meetings? No- who leads those meetings- ME. I answered the question, and gave nothing else.
This lady is a regional boss. She is in the office 1 day a week she she said she needed "eyes" in the office. That is code for SNITCH.
God I HATE office politics. I am not flying under the radar anymore. I don't think I ever did.
I have a "loud" bubbly personality. It doesn't sit quietly in a cube. Oh no.

Enough of that. I gotta run. I might have added to much oil on the pan last night for the fish- it sorta slid in and out. colen cleanse!!!!!! - but got the flat belly now!!! I know TMI!!!!!!!

Have a great day- got a tuna steak for dinner and will pair it with a knock out dill mayo I will make! And done. I am planning a Netflicks night- total mind veg evening!
  #2024   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 06:57

BF:

KM so sorry for your sister in pain. Pain is never an option one would have thru their life. One avoids it at all costs and in all truth if I had to do pain thru life it would put me in a very bad place in my head. I seen it with many. I hope she is doing well and the best she can...and of course a wedding is an uplifter for sure

Those inspiration clothes are coming your way. Do like Blue and make them the goal. A small goal for ya to fit into all that comfortable and once there ya vow never to go out of those

Nicco, 15 days for your kiddo...same here. mine is chomping at the bit. tried to get me to sign her out early today.....hmmmm, it was possible headache, she wasn't sure cause she just said her brain was fried, then her throat hurt, her sleep wasn't good and she was in general distress and could not make it thru a school day. I said see ya at 3:30 She didn't like that

Lori the biggie trips you take, oh yea I can see ya stressed before. Breathe! Go have a blast. There is nothing standing in the way of this fun trip other than flight troubles and fingers crossed for you that all goes super smooth! And have a nice 'toddy' that night when ya get there and knock yourself out for a great sleep LOL Can't wait to hear the trip report on this one!!!

Blue I think Jaz said it. pennies make dollars. the frugal in me never walks by a coin on the ground. I pick them ALL up yes that is me. money makes the world go round and every penny is money point blank and I love money, I never walk by money and not grab it at any situation
Great thoughts that the small client makes the bigger dollars add up!

AND YOU KEEP THAT LONDON FOG TRENCH! Great sales on great clothes that last should never be a maybe You know what I am saying here Like L'Oreal you are worth it!! I wouldn't give that purchase a second thought, if ya love it when it comes ya keep it

Jaz, mop, what is mop? HA I vacuum the heck out of my house but mop is a few and far between thing. omg I hate it with a passion and when I do mop, I B&M (bit** and moan) thru the whole darn time

I been there on the corporate pain in the azz politics. hard thing. Just state some facts as you see them, NEVER make it a personal thought on a situation and you can kinda get thru it in a safe manner. It also shows you keep it professional to everyone else and all the higher ups want to see that. Never get emotional on those types of issues. STAY professional chatting at all times in content and you get thru it. You are satisfied and ok with it and those higher up see you are not one to fly off the handle. UGH but I so know this....bleck. feel for ya going thru this crappola!

today and weekend and more is crappy.
4-50-60% rain and Tstorms
suks big time

bleck and ugh and where the heck is my hot hot summer weather. I tell ya my NC summer weather is disappointing over the last years, it is truly time to move MORE south point blank

Hubby loved the Everglades area and said he would move down there tomorrow.....kiddo in school is keeping us trapped but it is what it is and kiddo comes first in her wants for growing up. One super good kid, I give in alot LOL

We both are at that point we want super changes in lifestyle. Can't happen yet but on the verge and will make the best of being here and hold strong knowing biggie changes will come

eating a ton of my leftover meatloaf today to finish with bit of gravy at brunch time

ribeyes on the grill tonight

watching myself and being good strong. Will see what results I get if any LOL weight loss mode stinks. I just dont' want to go thru this part again but I have to and being forced into it is worse in a way....but again another thing ya get thru and I am trying to find mojo to get'er done

great day everyone and safe travels Lori!!
  #2025   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 08:30

BF:

KMom, such a lovely, lovely post and so nice to hear from you. Your heart is huge.

Thanks for your words on DS16. I know one day I will look back on this as not a big deal but I am so not there yet. I still feel absolutely worn to my toes. And man, the kid got an emotional display from me yesterday that he won't soon forget. Even I was embarrassed!

I had to smile over your comments about the ILs and how you smile and nod and tune out a bit. I would totally be doing that. But it sounds like they are wonderful help and you are gracious and enjoy the company.

Sorry but what is a DDAS? I think it is incredibly nice that you are offering up your home and you won't even be there. I don't think I would do that! Again, just a generous soul!

Lori, KMom is right. Read her paragraph again. And enjoy every single moment. You won't be able to get any of that back. We are so proud of you and how hard you have worked toward your goal. It has been wonderful and amazing to watch. Safe travels!!

Blue- You made me laugh at how well you know me, as soon I saw "get dressed up" I just started mentally whining and throwing a fit.

Good on you for getting that trench coat. Like you said, you can return it if you want to but it is lovely have the choice.

Congrats on your solid six days on plan. Whatever you decide for tomorrow night, own it and enjoy it.

Jaz- My Mom is that kind of visitor and it is infuriating and annoying. Every single thing is about her. Makes it challenging for sure.

Definitely sounds like your boss was fishing around for information and sounds like you gave it to her in the best way possible. I tell ya, your boss is digging her own grave with her choices and lack of action.

I mostly chose the Apple Watch bc my DS loves his so much. I can check email on it, get texts on it, use the maps app on it in conjunction with my phone. I don't really do the email checking on it much. Most often I do the fitness stuff, which is great, manage texts, use the map app, and use it for weather and time. I did not get the one that functions without the phone.

Trig- I don't do frequent mopping either. I hate it!!

So funny that your kid tried for an early dismissal. She is a persistent one!

Sorry about the endless rain. I am not a hot weather person, I top out around 80. So why CAN'T you guys move to the Everglades while DD is still in school? Like for high school?

Good on you for holding strong!

•••••••••••••••

TOM showed up last night which explains my emotional yesterday on top of an emotional week. I will be glad to put this one behind me. I think we all will be.

Not too much going on this weekend. Maybe a movie.

No pool service, Jaz. We have a company come to open and close it since it is so large, but otherwise we do the maintaining over the pool season.

Pool gets opened today. At least it is a nice day for it. I will mow tomorrow and then the rain comes back.

Company starts arriving next Thursday, a week from today. I will be meeting my mom's fiancι for the first time. (Deadpan) I can hardly wait.
Closed Thread