Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/187/120
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Very Confused I Need Help

Im Hypo ANd....Im On Armour.....Well I Was Taking 2 Much...And My Heart Was Beating at A Faster Rate I COuld Feel It, ANd WHen I WOuld WOrk Out I Was Out Of Breath And All That......Im Doing Teibo And Weight Lifting 3 times a Week....Plus I Try 2 Take A Brisk Walk, ANd Sometimes Double THe Teibo Vidoe...My Q? Is Should I Start Taking Extra Grains Of Armour?....Since My Heart Pumps Faster Doesnt That Mean? The Matabolism GOes Faster And Faster Weight Loss??....Ill Do Anything I Could....IM Scared 2 Eat Again I Dont Know HOw Much....And I Know That Since Im Hyp The 10x Calorie Thing Aint Gonna Work 4 Me.....Maybe 700 or 1,000 THe Most Im 240 pounds So I Dont Know What 2 Do.....I Have 2 Get All This Weight Off And be Atleast 200 Bye The End Of July.....Plz Help.......I Will Whatever It Takes.....FOOD IS MY ENEMY!!.....So If I Need 2 Work Out Harder Eat Less??....Ill Do It....I Also Drinky A Whey Protien Drink...Would That Affect Me??...Plz HELP ME , My Doctor Also Has Me On., Cla, Fish Oil Borage Oil, Fat Burners....And 7 Keto....And All These Kinds Off Suplement I Hope Someone Out There Can Help Me!!...I Would Appreciate It Much Love ALways Lorena
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 14:57

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Arrow

What kind of "Fat Burners" are you taking? These could be loaded with caffeine or worse ephedra, and that will make your heart race.

Here is a website to figure out how many calories you should be eating in order to loose weight. This is specifically for thyroid problems.

http://thyroid.about.com/library/weekly/aa011801a.htm
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 15:02

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Arrow

If you weigh 240, from my calculations you should be eating at least 2500 calories/day.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 15:10
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thank YOu Soo Much 4 Ur Help ANd Conern =)...The Fat Burners Are ALl Natural Moslty Chromium.....Hes A Natural Doctor And Heals With Vitamins....I Got The Same Answer 2,500 Theres NO WAY I can Eat All That At All The Nearly 3000, My Matabolism Is Extra Slow...I Dont Know How 2 Eat 4 It??.....This Morning I Had..2 Tbls Mayo With A BOiled Egg and Lettuce about A Cup
Luch``Fish With A Tblsp Of Unsalted Butter
I Did Wieght Lifting And Hour Later And My Protien Drink With Fish Oil that Equaled About 271 Cals With The Shake?...And Im Satisfied I Dont Feel Like Eating Cuz I Just Worked Out Hard..n Stuff...Should I Take More Thyroid ? 2 Boost My Heart Rate???
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 20:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lorena, how many times are you going to come here yelling "help" and then not listen to any of the advice you've been given? You don't need any more weight loss advice.

What you are doing right now is slowly killing yourself. You cannot sustain that level of excercise and calories without causing serious metabolic damage. If you want to have a look at everything that has been posted to you since you've been here, click the search button at the bottom of your post and you'll see the same things over and over again.

Why you seem to have a death-wish, I don't know. It could be one of many things: depression, anorexia, OCD...

I think what you really need right now is a therapist or a 12-Step group like Overeaters Anonymous.

I can't stop you from damaging yourself. Only you can do that.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 22:16
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Karen Im SOrry I DOnt MEan 2 Annoy U...But Im Confused On What I Should Do....2days Meal Was
1 Boil Egged 2 tblsp Of Mayo, Cup Lettuce
Lunch Fish With 1Teaspon Of Unsulted Butter
Protien Shake With Fish Oil That Was 280 Cals I Think
I Had A Snack Of Fish Lettuce (iceburg) and Mayo
Lots Of Water
Then I Had Some Fattning Chicken They Were 6 Thighs I Ate All The Skin Of Them, ANd Had Meat From About 1-2 Chickens
Am I Doing Ok??....See Im Scared 2 Eat Cuz Im Hypo So>? That Makes A Difference? U Think Im Doing Ok....2 Much? Or?? U Judge Me U Can Be Harsh On Me Karen, I Know Ur Not Trying 2 Be Mean And I Appreciate It...Thank You
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 00:50
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
IM Scared 2 Eat Again I Dont Know HOw Much....And I Know That Since Im Hyp The 10x Calorie Thing Aint Gonna Work 4 Me.....Maybe 700 or 1,000 THe Most Im 240 pounds So I Dont Know What 2 Do.....I Have 2 Get All This Weight Off And be Atleast 200 Bye The End Of July.....Plz Help.......I Will Whatever It Takes.....FOOD IS MY ENEMY!!.....So If I Need 2 Work Out Harder Eat Less??....Ill Do It....

Lorena, pretend for a moment that you're somebody else - someone you respect and admire.

Now read what is written above with their eyes and mind. Does it seem that the person writing it is OK or that there is something terribly wrong? Food is not your enemy, it's your source of life!

Do you have an older person in your life, someone at school, a doctor, anyone you can talk to? You need some real life people to give you a hand with this.

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 00:56
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I Do Have My DOctor He Has Me On Supplements, N Stuff... I Just Dont Know Anymore...Im Not Eating 3 Hours B4 I Go 2 Bed...But, I Dont Know HOw Many Cals 2 Eat 2 Get This Weight Off, Just Cuz Im Hypo, I Think My Body Is Way Slower.....And nO Matter What Ppl Always Tell Me 2 Eat 10x....Whats Ur Opinion?...What About The Armour....Is Taking 2 Much Dangerous>,? Or Does It Higher THe Matabolism?? Im Not Crazy Karen, Just Desperate, Im Tired Of Being FAT , there so Many Nice Guys, that Intrest Me, But I Just Think I would Be Better Lighter, i Hope U Understand??
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 01:34
Forum Founder

BF:

I would say that everyone here is probably sick of being fat. But there are saner ways to lose fat.

What you're doing now is making you really sick, both mentally and physically. Ask your doctor for a referral to someone who can help you and for advice on the Armour. We can't give you advice on medications and how much to take.

Losing weight will not make you any more or any less desireable by somebody else. You have to work on your internal stuff - the stuff that makes you think behave the way you do now. Then you can be free to make rational decisions about how to work on the outside stuff.

Karen
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 08:32
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Ok Karen I Get It, Ive Been TOld I Have A Very Nice Inside, Im Caring, Im Just Very Self COncience....HOw BOut THis?? I'll Post A Joural, Of What I Eat, So Ppl Can GIve ME THere Opinion Ok?? Is That Better?..I Know U all Cant Help Me Over NIght, But Maybe A Weeks Worth Of What I Eat WIll Do Ok =)...Im Eating More Cals THen U THink Yesterday Was A Total Of 1995 ...Thanks 4 Ur Concern Much Love.....Mizz Desperate (Lorena)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 12:49
Registered Member

Stats: 170/147/130 Female 5 ft 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 57%

HEADS UP---LISTEN! You are starving yourself and making your metabolism slower by not eating enough for all the exercise you are doing. You will not lose weight until you eat more. GET HELP FROM A PROFESSIONAL AT ONCE!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:40

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

I have to agree with quilter and Karen here!

You have sent me PM's and I have given you the same advice, you need to listen AND talk to a professional. We aren't qualified to give you advice on medications.

Yes, there are those of us that are on thyroid meds, but we dont' seek advice about the meds, only on help with the WOE

You already have lost weight according to your stats... it takes time.

You can't keep crying for help, and then when you get it ignore it.

Talk to your Dr. about the meds. READ the book for your eating plan...