Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Hello all you winners!

Hello and congratulations to all the members of the maintenance club. I hit my second and final goal weight of 146 a couple of months ago after shedding 76 pounds in approx. 10 months. I followed the Adkins WOE and adopted daily exercise as part of my WOL. A routine of daily walks, 3 resistance weight training workouts a week at the gym and drinking at least 3 quarts of water a day are also greatly responsible for the success I have experienced. My CCL is approx. 50 grams of carb a day.
4 days out of any given week my weight will be 146. When I get below 146 I add about 20 grams of carb that day and the next day I add the pound or two that brings me back to my target weight of 146. When my weight increases to 148 I eliminate 20 grams of carb and once again I am right on target.
I weigh myself once a day, every day, at the same time each morning before I drink or eat anything. Once I have weighed in I do not get on the scale again until the next day. I rarely eat anything after 7pm and on most days I am finished eating by 6pm.
I am usually in bed by 8pm or 9pm. Thanks to all the wonderful people here who have helped me reach and maintain my goal. dankar
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 10:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations dankar! It looks like you have maintenance down to an art!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Karen...

Karen, Thanks for the reply. My wife, whose name is also Karen,
has lost almost 60 lbs. as well. That makes almost 140 lbs. between the two of us. Although I don't post much... I am a frequent visitor here who always reads what you have to say. . Thanks Karen. Dan

Last edited by dankar : Thu, Mar-07-02 at 06:15.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 14:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thanks Dan for posting this. U have done awesome!! I have been able to maintain my weight for about 6 months now and on April 2nd I will be doing a post called "happy birthday to me!" That will be my 1 year anniversary of low-carbing. It really does work!!