Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 09:35

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 252/232/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default newbie I am

Hi All, I have been doing this program for 4 weeks now, and have lost 15 lbs. I am excited that something seems to be working after struggling with this weight problem for 20 years. Best of all, I do not feel hungry all of the time. Kellie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 22:15

Stats: 140/136/125
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile Welcome

I'm glad to hear that you have been so successful in such a relatively short time!! congratulations!! I have only started with one full week under my belt but have lost 4 lbs.

I have been pretty good about not cheating, but have once gone out for dinner to a friends and the veggies they server were peas, cabbage, CORN, CARROTS...well I did eat them but really didn't feel to guilty about eating veggies, especially because I didn't have any butter on them!!

Continued success to you!!!

fidget
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:03

BF:

Thanks for your reply fidget. 4lbs. your 1st week is great. Did you find that your carbo & sugar cravings were strong that 1st week? For me, the cravings were brutal, but now they seem to be gone. I just feel so much better, not as tired, & can keep up with my 7 year old now. I am a fussy vegetable eater, my favorites are corn, peas, potatoes, carrots. I have become a salad girl. Continued good luck with your weight loss. Kellie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 19:44

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default My cravings were rough too.

That first three or four days was hell wanting sweet carbs all the time, and I was very tired for about the first two weeks. I didn't eat almost any carbs at first though, because I didn't know where to get cereals etc, so that's probably why. Then all that petered off and now I can even cheat once in a while and I don't get bad cravings afterwards. (though I DO sometimes feel sick or sleepy from the sugar)

Now Fidget, you CAN HAVE BUTTER ON YOUR VEGGIES silly! You don't have to feel guilty about that anymore. That's the joy of Somersizing. Of course if you were used to eating them plain that's even better, but you definitely don't have to deprive yourself if you like them that way.

Kellie, how do you eat your veggies? I steam or stir fry mine with seasonings. Do you think that might help you enjoy a wider variety of veggies? I eat them in soups too, and it's surprisingly good.

Keep losing!

MB
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:38

BF:

I cook them all different ways, as well as eating raw vegetables. I do incorporate alot of vegetables in the soups I make, so I guess I will do ok. I cheated today (a little), but am back on track for the rest of the day. Very tired right now, Those darn sugar & carbs. Kellie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 22:56

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default LOL!

Would you believe I looked at the little yawning icon and started yawning myself? Jeeze!

Hang in there, it gets easier as you go along.

MB