Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:34
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Bones: "He's dead gym ..."

Well, that's what my exercise plan has been. Like the alien the Kirk blasts with his phaser and Bones pronounces dead, my exercise routine was mortally wounded.

Now, I have started something really by accident. The kids have been driving me nuts about "family" bike rides.

I got a front-mounted forward facing child seat for DS3 and now all the boys and Daddy can boot around the streets of our neighbourhood.

Our area is hilly and due to the seat mounting, I can't change out of 5th gear on the bike.

I rode with DS2 to school today with DS3 riding shot-gun with me. It's about 2 miles one-way so I got 20 minutes of cardio in.

My leg muscles have maintained their tone, but they ached when I got back home as I had to take DS3 out of the bike seat, into the car seat and off to pre-school.

I also had been doing "Body Flex" for a number of years until my Candida got so bad it was in my sinuses and deep breathing just brought on sinusitis.

Now that my Candida is back in balance, I started with 20 warm-ups. The ultimate goal is 40 breaths - 2-times daily (MUST be done on empty stomach).

You get the equivalent of 40 minutes of aerobic activity in 15 minutes of breathing. There is no equipment and I can do it anywhere!

Off to cut the grass - sorry - got to do my agricultural cardio!

Tom.

Last edited by tomsej : Tue, May-11-04 at 08:35. Reason: spelling errors - I'm anal; what can I say.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 10:46
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Log for Last 2 weeks

Started biking DS2 to and from school each day; 35 minutes of biking for me; about 18 muinutes for him.

Have dne this every day with two exceptions of lunch pick-ups.

Can really feel the burn in my legs when I get back home in the morning; the legs are warm for a while.

Need to change my protein powder intake to post-work out. This way, the protein will get to where it needs to go.

Have been doing Body Flex off and on for two weeks as well. First week I killed my abs and had to rest for four days until the soreness went away.

I have been eying my '70s vintage Bullworker unti I bought when I was in High School (1977?).

Does anyone else still have one of these and will admit to still owning it?

Ha ha.

NEXT WEEKS GOAL: Continue with cycling; Do Body Flex every morning.
FUTURE GOALS: Add Afternoon Body Flex and Bullworker.

Tom.