Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 22:15

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 280/253/160 Female 5'4"
BF:50+/44.4/25
Progress: 23%
Default I need help....I hope I am smoking my last cigarette...

..... but am also considering one more day.... which will make 3 weeks since I committed to stopping... this time...

Went on holiday to Bali.... decided that the long flight was an ideal time to start, plus the new surroundings could break habits...

Actually managed 2 days, then met up with an old friend who was smoking like a chimney.... and I joined in..

After 2 days, I put on the patch.... but still had 3 cigs that day.. and continued like that for a week...

Then I got sick .... needed to make lots of important phone calls... couldn't even pick up the phone til I had a cig in my hands..... yeah, that is always my worst time.. and immediately went back to my pack a day for the next couple of days til I got home..

Was admitted to hospital on my return...put on the patches, and decided that was it..... but still managed to sneak outside for a couple a day while I was in there..... and back to a pack a day last Wednesday when I got home..

Each day it has been.... I will stop when I finish this pack.... each day I have found another reason to buy the next pack....

Have just finished it.... am about to put the patch on....

Wish me luck..... please..... I've gotta do this......

Last edited by reowdy : Sat, Sep-06-03 at 23:42.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 13:19

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

I wish you luck. I know all too well the games the habit plays with us, and we play willingly as well. You just have to say, this is enough, I don't want these cigs to kill me. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/157/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Best of luck on your attempt to quit smoking. The more often you try the better your chances of quitting. I have heard it takes some of us 10 or more attempts at quitting to be successful. I know I tried several times. Once I hadn't smoked for nearly a year and then started again(when I was in a small space with about 4 chain smokers.) I used the patch a couple of times. The last time I tried to use it I got a red rash from it and had to stop using it. Then I also tried the pill, what's it called again??...Wellbutrin is what my doctor perscribed...same product just a different name. That just added to the irratibility. I also tried the gum but what worked best for my cravings was the nicotine nasal spray. I have been smoke free for over a year now. I also had some encouragement from a program called 'Nurse Direct' run through a local hospital. One thing they suggest is to choose a 'Quit Day' that might hold special meaning to you, birthday, anniversary, I chose the 4th of July, Independence Day.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Keep trying