Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 15:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 180.4/173/132 Female 63inches
BF:Far too much
Progress: 15%
Talking Anyone starting over from new year? Need a buddy :)

Hi all,

I am Celia and I am restarting Atkins from new years day. I was wondering if there is anyone else starting over from new years day and would like to be my buddy so we can motivate and support each other on the process

Well, I hope to hear from you all. Thanks.

Byeeeee

Celia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 15:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 228/209/160 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi

Hello there,
I'm stajin and need the same support. I have really been bad for over a month now. Eating everything under the sun. I was bored with the food I was eating
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 20:03

Hi Stajin,

great The only thing is I have been off Atkins for over a year now and have put on all the weight I lost... So, chances are our progress will be rather different. But, hey, I need the motivation and the support so, cool. Shall we start from new years day?
Celia
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 06:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 228/209/160 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default New Year

Don't be so hard on yourself. I started and lasted through the summer and by the time it was time for me to go back to work it went out of the window. I really want to get down to 160 and maybe smaller. I felt so much better when I was eating better. I have struggled for years with a weight problem but I know there is a way out. I don't live around any family so when I get stressed out I just eat. My weakness is candy and cookies, just the sweet stuff. And I also love my coffee. So we will begin New Years day.Do you have yahoo messenger or another messenger service. We could chat everyday just to keeep each other motivated.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 12:02

Hi Stajin,

oh goody goody, I am so excited now I am really looking forward to it. Sometime I get so excited that I want to start right away, but then I force myself to wait till new year. It will be better I think. Yah, I use msn, but not very often Whereabouts are you from ? I am in London.

I went out today and bought a nice cheesecake, thats something I like quite a lot. I will try and make low carb cheesecake when I start, but guess it wont taste the same unless you put a lot of splenda in it, and then its not such a good idea to do so. Hmmmmm, lets have all the cheesecake I can before new years, oh dear, that gives me armmmmm 3 days
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 16:04

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Count me in Girls....

Aims
1st January - 2 week induction and back on the fitness regime
2nd February - hope to have lost 5lbs

These are my 2 targets to begin with.

Good luck girls...I'll be watching your progress

Ali
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 16:13
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi All!!!!

Me too!!!!

Celia, Stajin and alibubble!!!

I am in bad need of restarting!!! Stajin my situation is very similar to yours!!! OMG!!!! I have been so depressed and eating and getting more depressed and then eating more!!

I need help!!!

New Years it is then!! I am so addicted to these carbs it's worse than Heroin, Crack or Meth!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 17:09
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Hi Ive been a bad bad girl, I need a buddy to help me too!! lol
I have started back on Atkins today, as I have a ball to go to on jan the 8th and although I can now get into the dress (just) I would like to get a few more pounds of to make it a bit more comfertable so I have 12 days to try and loose the 5lbs i have gained in the last week or so!!

And why did people get me chocolates for xmas??? they are calling my name!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLp!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 17:19
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTwacky
Hi All!!!!

Me too!!!!

Celia, Stajin and alibubble!!!

I am in bad need of restarting!!! Stajin my situation is very similar to yours!!! OMG!!!! I have been so depressed and eating and getting more depressed and then eating more!!

I need help!!!

New Years it is then!! I am so addicted to these carbs it's worse than Heroin, Crack or Meth!!!

I found after low carbing then over doing it on the carbs (like I have done over the last week) I was ill, I had constant cramps in my stomach and had terrible very bad smelling wind, (I had to use windeze) is it just me or have you had the same problem?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 17:42
WONJ#3

BF:

You know what? I totally agree with that statement Iburnikell. Although not recently, but when I first started eating carby foods again it was soooooo bad!!! Upset stomach and really bad gas. I think my body was having a bad time adjusting but seeing as how it's been about a month now it's gone.

I'm really glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's been a very naughty girl.

I agree my boss got me this huge gift basket of fancy chocolates and all sorts of candies and cookies!!! UGH!!!! I don't get it, he knows how hard I struggle with my weight and knows I've been trying to lose. I was a little resentful because I didn't think it was a very thoughtful gift considering all he knows about me. I racked my brain trying to find him a good gift and in the end I ended up getting him 2 humorous books on famous presedential quotes and another about golf and a box of choclates for his wife.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 21:12

Exclamation

Hi Iburnikell and MsTwacky,

I had the same problem when I started eatign carbs again, but like you said MsTwacky it does go away after a while.
But the funny thing is, before I started on Atkins, all my life I had bloating problem, it was rater painful too. It did go away when I started Atkins.... hmmmm.... But once I've done Atkins for about a year, the gas problem seem to have gone better. Now its not very often I get bloated, atleast not painfully.
Cant wait for the new year. Oh, that cheesecake, yum yum, finished
Celia
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 00:55
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

I'm a Jan 1st starter too.......I've been very bad for a whole lotta months now.....oh well, a new year, a new start......
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 01:46

Smile

Oh goody goody, theres so many of us Hi Josie, I've been bad for more than a year now :$. Lets welcome each other back to Atkins Looking forward to it.
Just checked my weight a while ago n its 13stone, 182 pounds.... OK, perhaps I should weigh in the morning, but I dont think it will be much different.
I guess we should enter our weights once every month. Please cut and paste the following table in your responses. Here are my stats as in today,

Name - date- start weight - current weight - goal for Jan 2005

CeliaUK - 28/12/04 - 182 - 182 - 142

Last edited by CeliaUK : Tue, Dec-28-04 at 02:00.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 20:37

Talking

Need to update the above facts... this morning my eight was down, A LOT. I seem to have lost some weight Now I am 177lbs. Its very strange, last night I was 182lbs.... Geeeee......

Name - goal for Jan 2006 - date - start weight - current weight - mini goal (Jan 2005)

CeliaUK - 142 - 01/01/05 - *** - *** - 172

Last edited by CeliaUK : Tue, Dec-28-04 at 20:43.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 12:00
WONJ#3

BF:

Yay!!!!!!!!! Celia that's great!! It was probably water weight.

I couldn't wait. I started eating better yesterday. I was too miserable to go on eating the way I was.

We can do this!!