Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: Pesco vegetarian/lowcarb
Stats: 180/175/127 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoiles
I did alter induction a bit by eating soy products and eating more than the three cups of vegetables (at first I did count the carb content of how much I did eat of them though)

I think induction would be hard to do following the initial guidelines very strictly, and I think it would be hard to get enough protein in.

How much do you think your protein intake is daily?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 16:51

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I am not really sure how much protein I eat daily. To try and up it though, for breakfast I try to incorporate 1 scoop of some protein filled mix which gives me around 10 g. And lately I have had a lc yogurt each day which is also 10 g. of protein. My dinners usually have some protein as well, and lunch too.

Whatever amount it is now, it is a WHOLE lot more than before!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 13:12

Plan: Atkins (Vegetarian)
Stats: 150/138/117 Female 4'10"
BF:Pregnant. Weight L
Progress: 36%

I'm a lacto/ovo vegetarian. I lost 21 lbs (from 150-129) last summer doing low carb Atkins with exercise. I found that there were plenty of low carb vegetarian foods pre-made from soy and veggie protein. I did induction by counting the carbs in everything except my 3 cups of salad a day, so I probably came closer to 30 carbs a day rather than 20 carbs a day. But because I was an exerciser, I never had any problems getting into ketosis.

Right now, I'm pregnant. For my first trimester, I ate whatever I wanted-- which was largely just white carb garbage foods. I started to feel really sick. Since I have gone back to eating protein, and watching my carbs, I feel much better.

Faith
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 13:23

Plan: UD2
Stats: 195/180/175 Male 68 inches
BF:15%/8%/7.0%
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithnj
Right now, I'm pregnant. For my first trimester, I ate whatever I wanted-- which was largely just white carb garbage foods. I started to feel really sick. Since I have gone back to eating protein, and watching my carbs, I feel much better.

Faith

Are you going to have a vegetarian child? You'll need to do reseach on that. It's a completely different ball game, as kids have very different nutritional requirements than adults. And you'll want to track your child's growth very closely, thru your physician's height-weight-head circumference chart. Try to have a doctor who is not closed-minded against vegetarianism for the child.

Having said all that, I raised my 14 year old as a vegetarian since her birth, and she's great.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 23:22

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Yep, lost plenty! Took six weeks to get back into the jeans I wore when I started grad school (2 jeans sizes). It's not going super fast, but I didn't have a lot to lose. The great thing is I've found that if I go up in cals for a few days, no damage happens (though I keep the carbs under 40, usually much much lower than that). Loving it so far!