Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 18:02

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Can I point something out?

I've seen a lot of threads started lately in the War Zone that are just general rants about whatever topic the person is bugged about on that particular day. While I can understand the need to express frustration at times, I feel a need to point out that this is not the purpose of the War Zone. For those that are unaware of the purpose of the War Zone, I'd like to direct them to the sticky at the top of the forum titled, "The War Zone. Please read before posting here"
Starting threads to just generally trash whatever type of poster, topic or personality type you find annoying (or to gripe about another thread that you found rude or annoying) is really not supportive even when it's done in the War Zone and noone specific is named.
If you find a post or thread and feel that it violates the forum rules, please use the 'report bad post icon' located at the top of each and every post to report the thread or post rather than starting a thread of your own to complain about it; after all, 2 negatives don't make a positive.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 21:19
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Hey Lisa--yes I am guilty of beginning a rant thread. Maybe there needs to be a place for venting and ranting?? It seems like people are needing to blow off a little steam eh?

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 21:29

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%

I noticed in other message boards, there are venting sections. Might be helpful, but then there are the journals to where people can post anything they want, so it shouldn't be necessary. Maybe there could be a saved thread where people can just rant about anything and reply to it, might mitigate traffic pollution and save the mods the troubles of making a whole section devoted to random complaints.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 21:34

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerchic
Ithere are the journals to where people can post anything they want, so it shouldn't be necessary.
The journals are subject to the same posting restrictions as the rest of the site.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 21:47
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
The journals are subject to the same posting restrictions as the rest of the site.

I think they cut us a little slack in our journals, which are not public. At least no one has complained lately about grumbling in the journals I frequent. I should probably just hush up about that, shouldn't I?

But really, there are some extraordinarily obnoxious posters in the public forums.I don't report them as bad posts because I'm much older than many members and probably well out of the loop. But I still find them not only stupid but offensive.

Sorry, that's just my take on it.

I have to admit that this is probably the nicest, best moderated board on the net, so I'll just suck it up. Keep up the good work, mods, and thank you.

Kay
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 22:39
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I've looked around on some other boards lately, and it's kind of scary out there in some other places.

I do see the point though.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 22:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
I've seen a lot of threads started lately in the War Zone that are just general rants about whatever topic the person is bugged about on that particular day. While I can understand the need to express frustration at times, I feel a need to point out that this is not the purpose of the War Zone. For those that are unaware of the purpose of the War Zone, I'd like to direct them to the sticky at the top of the forum titled, "The War Zone. Please read before posting here"
Starting threads to just generally trash whatever type of poster, topic or personality type you find annoying (or to gripe about another thread that you found rude or annoying) is really not supportive even when it's done in the War Zone and noone specific is named.
If you find a post or thread and feel that it violates the forum rules, please use the 'report bad post icon' located at the top of each and every post to report the thread or post rather than starting a thread of your own to complain about it; after all, 2 negatives don't make a positive.

I understand your point Lisa, but technically isn't this thread a violation of those very rules! :P LOL (I'm kidding!)

I started this thread the other day:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=286318

But I think it kinda realtes to the war zone low carb debate - or perhaps I am wrong ?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-06, 10:01
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Good point. While I understand the need people have to rant and vent, I don't think it needs to be done publicly. It can be taken to PMs or private emails. In the forum, even the War Zone, it always creates bad feelings and really isn't useful to us in the context of this being a low-carb support forum.

I'd love to see the War Zone become more of a debate on low carb issues and less of a debate on personalities.

Val
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-06, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

My thread got moved here, I have no control over that.