Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 18:21

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%
Default Yet another OoO question........

Sorry, folks - I scanned through 4 pages of threads to see if I could find the answer to my question and then I got lazy.

I went to GNC today to buy OoO. There was the GNC brand of standardized OoO, 90 softgel capsules, with a recommendation of one a day for $15.99. Then there was a brand name [I think it was called Oregonal, or Oregomax - something like that], same amount but for $34.99 - the only difference I could see was that the brand name boasted on the label that it was "North American" oregano.

I asked the sales clerk why the big difference in price - she said it was because GNC can offer generic herbs under their name for substantially-lower prices. I countered that marketing can't double a product's sale price - surely there had to be something more than that. I could see that there was the same amount of OoO in each capsule, so that couldn't be it. She assured me that GNC's was just as good.

Clearly, it is to GNC's benefit to sell their own product, so I am skeptical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a type of OoO that is better than others?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 13:32
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

This is the one I use:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

I haven't tried any other cause I like this one so much. I guess you would have to experiment to find out which you think is best.

I swear by this one though. It's good for so many things, especially Dandruff.

Oh and I take 2 drops in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Helps alot during TOM, keeps me from being bloated.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 14:28

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

when i first started taking OOO i too could only find the expensive brand at GNC- only health food stores carried it and then not all of them. but i swear due to this and other lc boards taking off - people noticed the demand for OOO and now i can find it at almost any drug store including walgreens, cvs and i have found it all walmart as well.

the best part is the price has seriously dropped. i take 3 caps. 3 times a day and that was getting really expensive. just make sure you getting the Oil of Oregano (Origanum vulgare), as there are other types of oregano.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 00:08

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

Thanks, ladies - maybe it was just good fortune that the price dropped. I start taking it tomorrow.....cross your fingers