Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 07:20
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Looking for Protein Shake Receipe! Please.

Hi all! I am looking for a protein shake receipe in an attempt to try and save some MONEY!!!! I can buy plain old WHEY or SOY PROTEIN ... with NO FLAVOR and 0 CARBs! And I'm thinking that I could add some cream, water, ice, and berries and/or coco, may be a packet of splenda. Then mix all that up. Would that make a GOOD shake? Or am I better off buying a premixed deal?

I think if I do it myself, I won't be getting the HIDDEN carbs and I'll know exactly what I'm eating. The premixed stuff is SOOOOO EXPENSIVE too.
  • Is it saving you money?
  • And does it taste GOOD?
  • Which is best? Whey or Soy Protein?

The shakes make me feel like I'm getting something close to ice cream (yes I'm an Ice Creamaholic!!!!), so I'm hoping to find MR. RIGHT SHAKE RECEIPE!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by In_Control : Thu, May-02-02 at 07:35.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 17:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

I buy the Isis women's protein powder from Trader Joes. I think it is a combination of whey and soy, and I find it tastes better than the plain soy protein (I prefer whey over soy anyway).

The Isis Protein Powder comes in vanilla or chocolate and I buy both (they are unsweetened and contain like 1 carb per serving). for Vanilla, I blend it together with four ice cubes, 1/3 cup cream, 2/3 cups water, some strawberries or blueberries, two packets Splenda and a bit more vanilla extract (I love vanilla!).

For the Chocolate, I mix it the same way, except leave out the berries and but a bit of almond, rasberry or orange extract.

By the way, I love these for breakfast! :-))) Definitely worth it!

-Shelly
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 06:39
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Cool Thanks Shelly!

I'm going to start looking for a good Whey Protein powder. It was no problem finding the plain Soy. But I think I'm going to have to order the plain whey powder from the internet. Your receipe sounds good. I have found some premixed stuff that I love, but I'm really hoping to get the cost down.

Thanks again.