Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 14:07

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I just stumbled upon this new pamphlet ... it has been in the works for a while. It is a one page, triple fold brochure, you can print out yourself. Hand it out if someone asks you about low carb. Doctors have been requesting this as something they could give a patient, with the LC basics and then a website for more info.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/wp-conte...folder_1803.pdf
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 18:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I just stumbled upon this new pamphlet ... it has been in the works for a while. It is a one page, triple fold brochure, you can print out yourself. Hand it out if someone asks you about low carb. Doctors have been requesting this as something they could give a patient, with the LC basics and then a website for more info.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/wp-conte...folder_1803.pdf

Thanks, Janet

Just saved this and plan to print a few copies (at least!) for folks I know, including at least one health professional colleague.

#18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 22:01

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Funny, the first person I thought of sharing this with after seeing it was my doctor. Very well done.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 07:57

The "want to know more" page appears to emphasize the membership option, it is not clear that all the information listed in the first paragraph is free. However, when you print it two sided and fold, that section is the "backside" so less prominent. And with its bright colors, using a heavier paper than standard copy paper will look better too.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 09:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Atkins and a few others paved the way for the modern low carb doctors.....while I will always love Atkins and it is my go to for info, the data is geting old and NEW studies are important. The basics of Atkins will always work but new formats and new keeps the LC movement relevant and supported.

The visuals are very good providing a quick sussinct into to the LC way of life.

Nice!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 16:58

Plan: Target 100
Stats: 207/170/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I love the diet doctor site. It’s the best!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 05:42

An Update today on their 600+most Popular Success Stories.
Grav leads the list for Men under 40.
Krussva near top for Men over 40.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/top-low-...success-stories

Sure there are others from this forum but don't know real names ...so congrats to all the LowCarbers who inspire others through sharing their stories.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 13:35

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
An Update today on their 600+most Popular Success Stories.
Grav leads the list for Men under 40.
Krussva near top for Men over 40.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/top-low-...success-stories

I wonder what their criteria is for ranking these things. It's not Facebook shares, as there are others with plenty more than me. Page views? Number of comments? Artistic merit?

Well, it's nice to be noticed, but nicer still if it helps to inspire others, just as others like Ken have been such a big help for me.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 17:23

Although I believe your photos and story do have great artistic merit, it is likely the more quantifiable page views. In January, DD did a countdown to the most popular stories, and "Christine" was in the top for women. She is active on Kristie's FB page and could pick up 150,000 views just by linking her story post there. Woah, whatever, your story is inspiring
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-19, 11:08

Happy New Year!!!

You can tell it is New Year's, everybody is offering a "Diet Challenge" Here's the latest at DietDoctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/get-started

DietDoctor has offered this plan a number of years now, it has EVERYTHING you need for a fresh start. Recipes can be changed by serving size, and that changes the shopping list, a complete and integrated program. It is a ketogenic quick start that was based on Dr. Westman's diet the first year, if there have been changes, they are minor. https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-19, 15:29

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Atkins and a few others paved the way for the modern low carb doctors.....while I will always love Atkins and it is my go to for info, the data is geting old and NEW studies are important. The basics of Atkins will always work but new formats and new keeps the LC movement relevant and supported.

The visuals are very good providing a quick sussinct into to the LC way of life.

Nice!

This has to evolve and move forward: Atkin's published his first book in 1972, and until DANDR in the early 2000's, that was ALL.

I will always treasure him for that. Never backed down.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-19, 11:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I remember tracking down a copy--- and reading it with distain, expecting another diet failure. By the time I was half way thru he had me convinced that obesity was not my fault, I could let go of the guilt and for the FIRST time lose weight. I stopped baking. I had fed my bread addiction by baking lovely loaves, and ate dozens of cookies, or a whole cake. I stopped baking cold turkey. THe Rows of cookbooks gather dust now.

The last few years I did find low carb sources, and use those to help my journey AND to help my kids live a lower carb life.

I dont bake sweets anymore, and my kids are not accustomized to eating a dessert everyday; Long ago I got rid of breakfast cereal except oatmeal for occassional use, but primarily they eat eggs or leftovers for breakfast. Juice long gone; recently dumped the soda which had become a habit.......

Trying to help the next generation have a better life.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 05:33

Gorgeous new DietDoctor App with 600+ Recipes. Free and only for iPhone. iPad and Android on the way. not good for my old eyes in a kitchen setting, but fun to scroll through the recipes. https://www.dietdoctor.com/we-just-...diet-doctor-eat

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-08-19 at 06:00.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 11:24

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I'm impressed with the evolution of the DD service. Overall, the website is very professional with all podcasts and videos produced at a high quality. Everything is done well and the best part is the lack of advertisements. It's all valuable information, and one can start, design, and maintain a healthy WOE by visiting this site alone. Yes, I'm a subscriber, but DD doesn't skimp on free access to information either. Andreas and team do an excellent job.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 12:00

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I'm impressed with the evolution of the DD service. Overall, the website is very professional with all podcasts and videos produced at a high quality. Everything is done well and the best part is the lack of advertisements. It's all valuable information, and one can start, design, and maintain a healthy WOE by visiting this site alone. Yes, I'm a subscriber, but DD doesn't skimp on free access to information either. Andreas and team do an excellent job.

It is, and that's the way to do it. Free info to show people what you've got, and they can pay for more convenience or in depth stuff.

It's the path I am following. I have lots of blog posts, but if you want my special products or my books or a consultation, that costs money.

Because websites, and all the expertise and time to create and maintain them, costs money too!

Last edited by WereBear : Wed, Jan-09-19 at 12:17.