Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:32

Plan: CAD maintenance
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 123%
Default First Full Day

...and I am going to stick with it this time! I was kind of hungry throughout the day but not craving. So by the time RM rolled around I was ravenous and overate. I can already feel that I have put on a little weight from a too carby RM, but since I am coming off of Atkins, it is just water weight, right? For those of you who switched from Atkins to CAD, how much did you gain the first day and how long did it take for you to get back to start weight?

CM: 4 hb eggs
CM: 4 or 5 oz salmon, olive oil and vinegar, 2 c romaine
RM: (horribly unbalanced, but within one hour) salad, pinac bet (filipino dish with pork, okra, eggplant, lima beans, green beans in tomato sauce), SF ice cream sandwich, 3/4 cup rice, 1/2 cookie, bite of cheesecake

I really love this WOE cause you don't have to count anything. I also don't feel guilty when I eat formerly "forbidden" foods. BUt because it was my first day (I attempted before , but I blew it before RM) I decided to run it into fitday out of curiosity. After today, no more fitday and no more obsessing though! Anyway, here's what I came up with: approx 2070 calories, 100 grams net carbs. I obviously still need to work on the balancing thing... I am on maintenance but I am afraid that eating this way is going to make me gain. Please reassure me, because I really love this woe...

Last edited by believe27 : Sun, May-02-04 at 19:41.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 05:57

BF:

HOLY COW!!!!!! Am I dreaming?!? I ate SOOOOO much last night and this morning I am down 1/2 to 1 pound? (and yes, the food has not even...uh... exited yet) Is this for real or just a fluke? Can I really eat like this and maintain?

On Atkins maintenance, I maintained at 1500-1800 calories a day and 30 grams of carbs and was miserable. If I ate 2000+ calories and 100 carbs on Atkins, I would have GAINED 5 pounds, not maintain or lose! I was on Atkins because I thought the absence of my favorite foods would control my binge eating disorder. But The deprivation and monotony reawakened my depression and binge eating disorder which had made me put on 30 pounds in 2 months when I first went away to school.
For the first time in my life, I have not had the after dinner urge to binge. Last night I enjoyed a big, (semi) balanced dinner with my family and felt no guilt, no out of control feelings, and no deprivation. I feel normal again.

I am so glad I have found CAD and this board. Looking forward to healthy, happy relationship with food, finally. No more bingeing, no more Fitday, no more carb-counting, no more feeling alienated because I am on a "diet"!
I will have a salad, chicken wings, celery, a corn dog and endulge pb cup tonight without guilt!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:07

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

No you are not dreaming. CAD is great.

You are off to a great start. Congrats on the weight loss. I agree, CAD is amazing. CAD is the only diet that I can be on and I don't have the urge to snack. It is so nice to have your RM and eat what you pretty much want, within reason that is. A person never has to feel deprived on CAD.

Wow, you look like you have done wonderful with losing 123%. You must be well below your goal weight. That is great.

Keep up the good work.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: m&e
Stats: 185/185/140 Female 5'8"
BF:less, please :)
Progress: 0%

I'm so glad you're loving CAD too. It's hard to believe you can eat like this and still lose....I didn't believe it at first, but I"m down a bit already. It's kind of a mental thing I think....you know you can have whatever you want at your RM, so you don't obsess about *not* being able to have it. Congrats on the weight loss, and let us know how it goes!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:04

BF:

Thank you all.. Day three and maintaining that .5-1 pound LESS than goal weight (Dianee- I dropped below goal on Atkins and was planning on using CAD to maintain, so I was surprised that instead of gaining I lost! )... still in shock because my last night's RM ended up a lot bigger and carbier than I had planned. Today: No hunger/cravings, lots of energy, no bloat! I love this WOE and this forum!

Letsdothis- I completely agree. Aside from the physical benefits (congrats on your successful start, btw! 3 lbs down already and you're eating the foods you love), there is a great psychologial benefit from this WOE. I never feel deprived or that I'm missing out on anything. I don't get fixated on forbidden foods cause there are none! I can enjoy a normal and delicious meal with my family and know that I am also doing something good for my health. Good luck to everyone just starting CAD!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 23:43

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I just wanted to say that I'm glad CAD is going so well for you! Don't stress too much about the balance in the beginning. Congrats on the loss!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/200 Male 5"8
BF:
Progress: 0%

This is my first day on CAD but reading ur post on ur First day experiences and eventual weight loss as gotten me so excited. I can sense the excitement in your post I think if that is the only benefit to be gained from CAD (A sense of excitement and not guilt about eating)that is well worth it without more. CONGRATS!!!