Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  I'm Shrinking!!

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 08:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Congratulations!!!!! There is so much satisfaction in fitting into those smaller clothes. You should be proud of yourself! We sure are proud of you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 12:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Way to go, Ivory! I think that kind of a (nice) shock/surprise is the best news of all -- the scale goes down slowly, but when clothes "suddenly" fit it's like getting your report card from the Whoosh Fairy I see a shopping spree in your future
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 15:17
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I told my hubby yesterday that he better start saving his money, 'cause for Christmas I'm going to need a WHOLE NEW WARDROBE: SIZE 10 . He said he'd be happy to do that!!

Way to go Ivory !!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 19:32

Plan: CAD
Stats: 145/120/105
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up

Way to go Ivory!

I'm a newbie here and your success has inspired me to keep at it. You should be proud of yourself! Keep it up!!

Pat
Quebec, Canada
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 21:23

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

Thanks everybody! All your messages were really encouraging! ALthough right now, I'm feeling a little discouraged because the "woosh" fairy seems to have come again and taken back the woosh! Has that happened to any of you? Anyway I don't know why, but I cheated today so I'm pretty mad at myself, but I'm sort of proud that I'm not giving up (which is something I was tempted to do, but I refuse to)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 06:41

BF:

Hi Ivory,
Its seems that this is happening right now. I'm hoping that its just water retention, that time of the month coming up. I too, have cheated here and there. I'm not going to give up and neither should you! My Dad is in AA and he's been sober for almost 15 years. Their motto is " One Day at a time", I'm adopting this as my own now. I'm sure that all the hard work will pay off. Don't be discouraged. Hang in there!

Pat
Quebec, Canada
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 09:42

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

I think that, first of all, I need to buy a scale of my own and start weighing every morning. When I was at school, I had to go to the gym to use a scale and so I wasn't doing that every day, so I may not have even been able to get a realistic weight each week...I say that I need to do this because I just stepped on the scale here at my parent's house and I weighed in at 229, MUCH closer to the "woosh" weight...so I'm really not sure what the number is, so I'm gonna weigh every day now...

I like what you said about "One day at a time" That is a great way to think about this because some times it feels like an addiction...

By the way, thats great about your dad being sober for almost 15 years! He should be so proud!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 20:06

BF:
Cool

I weight myself everyday, sometimes there is a 1 pound gain or so, but I try not to let that discourage me. I know its only temporary and might just be water retention. So I drink more water.

My Dad is proud of his accomplishment, so much that when we attend is anniversary meetings he usually ends up shedding tears and so do we. He's come along way. We missed him growing up but he's always there for us now. Thats what counts. We are really proud that he's doing this for himself. I think that sugar is addictive, just like you can't have just one chip.

Well, enough blabbering. Keep it up! You can do it!!

One day at a time!!
Pat