Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-21-10, 10:07

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 180/155/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default New Vegetarian Low Carber

Hey Everyone,
I am new on this board and have found it a great resource for vegetarian low carbing. Thank you!
A little about me: I began Atkins in February 2007 weighing in at 180 plus lbs (I stopped weighing myself so I think I was higher than that, ugh!) on a 5'5" frame. I lost 40 lbs in 6 months and managed to keep the weight off for two years. I have experienced some carb creep and now weigh 155 lbs and would like to get back to at least 140 lbs again.
I became a vegetarian two and half months ago for animal rights reasons. My eating plan will consist of vegetables, salads, berries, nuts, veggies burgers, soy and tofu. And I am adding cheese, fish, and shellfish back into my diet. I'm not sure if I can bring myself back to eating eggs which would help tremendously for meal plans. Eggs just turns me off. I've decided no milk, only this low carb soy milk by west soy that is 1 carb. Eventually I'll add back in organic plain yogurt, legumes, fruits, and some whole grains in moderation. So I am trying to figure this all out, develop meal plans and how to incorporate this with my low carb lifestyle.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-10, 11:19

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

How's it going?

So is it just the taste/texture of eggs that bother you- if so, you can open up a lot doors by using them in recipes- like cheesecake, flax muffins, etc....

What is your menu like right now?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-10, 13:07
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I would caution you to do a bit of reading on soy products - there have been a lot of new studies and information about the negative effects of soy/soy products.

http://www.optimumchoices.com/Soy.htm
http://westonaprice.org/soy-alert.html