Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 01:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/208/199 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default TOM gone-can't stop eating!

I'm 48 and have had regular TOM but last one was 2 months ago and nothing since. I've been out of control on eating and just realized the TOM didn't happen and that it's a PMS pigfest that just won't stop.
Now that I've finally clued in to it [duh] I'm going to TRY to get it under control.
Any suggestions from older sisters? Is just getting back on induction the best thing to do to stop the carb cravings?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 20:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/125 Female 5 ft 5
BF:way too much
Progress: 68%

I have been there. Totally out of control....starving, no matter what I eat !
Number one...you are aware of it..Thats good
When I get that way, I hop on my treadmill, and I chig water. I mean, liters and liters of it. I drink SO MUCH, that I could not possibly fit anything else down Sounds bizaar...but it works.

I know no other solution....its TOUGH...I agree 100% with you on that !!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 369/350/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi I came upon your last post from May 05 and wonder if you got control of your problem of eating out of control? Did you go back on induction?? You were doing totally awesome from the look of your stats and it would be a shame if you back slid. Just wondering as I know how hard it is to stay focused sometimes, I struggle every day and truly hope you got over that hump in your life especially as the holidays can be brutal when we're trying to be good to ourselves. Wishing you the best, Mary