Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 02:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Cadbury Bournville Cocoa

I bought a small container of this cocoa from a local store that sells South African foods. All I've got to say is holy cow! The flavour is much like one of the former objects of my desire, the fabulously evil

It's less "deep" than other cocoa powders and more like milk chocolate in taste.

Now I envy those of you who live Great Britain and Australia and have known about this cocoa for years. If any of you out of this range ever see this cocoa, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 18:51
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Now I’ll be dreaming about Flakes all day……..

I use Droste dutch processed cacao from Holland……it has around half the carbs of Nestle and Cadbury at 12.4g per 100g.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: New High Protein/Atkins
Stats: 173/151/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Karen - pleased you liked the cocoa - we have been using this for years as a drink - which is one of the things I really miss when lc. I would have a mug of milky cocoa at night. Now I sprinkle a tiny bit on cream and sugar free jelly. at one time when I was really desperate for some cocoa/chocolate I was splitting up the packed to see how much a teaspoon would be and I spilt some on the back of my hand and, the first time accidentally, sniffed it - wow - not as good as eating it but the smell kept me going for quite a while
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 06:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/141/132 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Hot chocolate... :)

Since I live in Norway, I obviously have access to different foodstuffs than you guys (for better and for worse), but probably the one thing that has really saved me on several occations, is instant hot chocolate from Options!
I don't know if you can get it in the US, but here it comes in a big tin (the 'normal' chocolate taste) and in portion-packs with various flavours like chocolate and orange, chocolate and milk and chocolate and caramel. I usually buy the 'normal' tins - it's made from Belgian chocolate with no sugar added, and you just add some boiling water - it's about 5 grams of carbs per serving. Topped with a bit of whipped cream (sans sweetener) it's to die for!

It's also absolutely delicious when sprinkled over cream cheese or lo-carb icecream!

#5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 17:09

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You can order it here:

Cadbury's Bournville Cocoa