Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-14, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/126/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default Taking matters into my own hands

Hi everyone. Little back round. I was on Armour and progesterone supplements about 4 years ago. While I was in low normal Lab results on thyroid tests, my doctor at the time listened to me and my classic hypo symptoms. Once started on the Armour my life changed. I was able to lose weight, had energy, better TOM etc. Fast forward to today. 3 years ago I had a job change and was transferred out of state. Stayed on my scrips as long as i could but eventually the refills ran out and my doctor would not prescribe without being able to see me.I searched for 3 years to find a doctor who would listen to no avail. So I spent the last 3 years gaining 40 pounds back and feeling like crap. All of my symptoms came back . So a few weeks ago I decided that I would take matters into my own hands. I found a source for Armour and ordered some. I started with 30mg. I have to say I have noticed a difference immediately. My energy is back, the fog is gone, skin isnt as itchy. I forgot how it felt to feel good!

My concern though is keeping my levels and dosage correct. Have any of you taken matters into your own hands and been succesful at it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-14, 09:00

Plan: Meat&Egg
Stats: 243/209.6/143 Female 5 feet 6
BF:38/?/22
Progress: 33%

I had the same problem only my Dr s kept disappearing. Got to the point I online ordered, followed the "Stop the Thyroid madness" instructions. AND I got a new DR (I just Love Him) to work with me to test my levels. Only thing I hate is the every 3 month blood tests. Can you go to a walk in clinic and ask for tests, Free 3, free 4, anti-bodies and TSH.
Anybody out there who can tell me how to get my veins better, Please!
Diane
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-14, 19:08

Plan: cad,calp
Stats: 244.5/244.5/150 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default where do you get it online

was wondering where you get the armour online
have encounter at least 2 Drs who will not prescribe this help
Elizabeth
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-14, 20:21

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

No, my doctor is afraid to increase my medication. He will give me only what the homeopathic doctor prescribed. I asked him for years to give me armour, but he always said my levels were in range. I knew that something was wrong so I went to the homeopath. Now I need to have an increase and my doctor won't do it. I need to know how to order my own meds too!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 06:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/126/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/default.aspx

Is where I ordered from. I am in Ohio and it took about 10 days to get to me. It looks like some of the dosage is out of stock right now though
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 09:23

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Thank you for the info! Maybe I'll order some to supplement what my doctor will approve for me. Thanks again
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 14:54

Plan: cad,calp
Stats: 244.5/244.5/150 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default thank you

thank you for the reply