Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:13

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%
Talking 50 pounds gone and 99.5 left to lose

I posted in the tdc this morning that during this past week I have managed to hit two major milestones for me. I have lost 50 pounds and a couple of days later, I have gotten to the point that I only have 99.5 pounds to go.

I know what some of you don't cruise the tdc boards and just wanted to thank you all for the support and the postings. I have done much better since I have gone with a neanderthin eating style.

Marty
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:42

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Yayyy! Cheers! Whistles! Atta Girl! (the Atta Girl reminds me of an old boss of mine that said "One Ahh Shit cancels out 3 Atta Girls and you're way in the minuses Hellistile." lol)

Anyway Congratulations Marty! Please let us know the secret to your success (cause I'm struggling here). Perhaps post a typical daily menu. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 12:15
Registered Member

Plan: General LC/Paleo
Stats: 151/127/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!

BTW, what are the tdc boards? (and I'd love some pointers too!)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 16:00

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

tdc is Triple Digits Club, one of the sub-forums.

Congratulations, Marty! A tremendous accomplishment.

I'd also be curious to see what you're eating.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/neanderthin
Stats: 115/?/? Female 5'3"
BF:25%
Progress:

Congrats, Marty! that's got to feel fantastic. keep doing whatever you're doing because it's working well.
Hugs,
danni
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 20:29

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

I'm not really doing anything so special, I do exercise for about 30 minutes twice a day. (I go for a walk and ride a stationery bicycle.) The first time in the day when I exercise I make sure to not eat first. (Trainer Dan suggested this in an old post.)

Other than that, I have managed to kick my popcorn habit when I upped my fats. I know that popcorn isn't paleo, but I was just craving it like crazy, couldn't kick it for a month until I upped my fats.

The only thing I can say is that I seem to only be able to control my cravings when I am close to an Atkins Induction paleo style. I eat meat and veggies primarily, a few almonds each day 10-15 (in the Fat Flush book, she said they helped burn fat enough of an excuse for me). I have tried to add berries, but all I do is pig out on them.

Typical menu:

Breakfast: 8 oz turkey or hamburger with mayo (I can't start off with carbs or I try to eat all day) I also cook once each week and then pull it out of the freezer.

Lunch: Salad with a can of either tuna or salmon with a mayo based dressing or oil and lemon juice, (just depends upon my mood that day)

Dinner: 3 chicken thighs and half a can of a veggie. (usually spinach)

If I get hungry later, I will eat another hamburger.

I pretty much don't vary this much. I like a lot of foods I can't afford, but they are like only a once a week or a month foods.

If I indulge, I try to make it in a CAD type of meal. If I try to eat something without protein with it or first, I induce cravings.

I do this about four days a week. The other three I am usually on the road (I am a conference speaker) and just try to make the best choices I can as many of my meals are furnished for me and I am trapped in a hotel without transportation. This is why I adopted the CAD meal. It helps me keep eating in perspective.

If I didn't have the three days a week with a different variety, I don't know if I could keep up the strict eating on the other four. I don't lose weight when I am on the road, only when I am eating as I posted above. Marty
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Progress:

i'm not sure if this would be same for you, but i used to do atkins and found myself using mayo since it was 'carb free' but then discovered that it has lots of hidden sugars and chemicals that don't promote weight loss. so once i started using loads of olive oil instead, that really helped! if i wanted mayo, i made it myself with just egg, oil, lemon, and mustard powder. that was much better, too, because i seasoned it to my liking
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:37

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toopoles
Breakfast: 8 oz turkey or hamburger with mayo (I can't start off with carbs or I try to eat all day) I also cook once each week and then pull it out of the freezer.
Marty

Marty can you tell me how do you make your "MAYO" mine taste very bad... help on this one.. or the dressing you also talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguttgrl7
if i wanted mayo, i made it myself with just egg, oil, lemon, and mustard powder. that was much better, too, because i seasoned it to my liking

I have try to make the mayo myself, can you guys tell me if your mayo taste kind of "acid like".. I put one yolk, the mustard and the lemon as in the paleofood.com says, but am I doing somehting wrong? can you post you mayo dressings?
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 20:20
Registered Member

Progress:

cucu:
i actually do my mayo recipe in a blender, and just basically put in 1 egg, juice from a lemon, pepper, some garlic cloves, and a small spoon of mustard powder. i blend that together well and then slowly start to add the olive oil until it's reached a good thickness. i don't measure, but it works if i pay attention and keep tasting to adjust for seasonings.
the olive oil usually gives MAYO a funny taste at times, at least for me, but i add some garlic and that makes everything taste good