Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 17:52
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portail
Perhaps a healthy diet is really all that is necessary.

Sally Squires’ article seems rational.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6052201426.html

obviously you did not read the stuff above.

The reason so many people in the United States are unhealthy is because of poor nutrition. Hard to believe that people can eat so much and get so little ...

What levels of nutrition are required to reverse all the damage that has been done?

What levels of nutrition are required when losing weight and all those wastes trapped in your fat start pouring back into your body?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 07:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195.2/140/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Updated info

Does anyone have any recent info (since more and more supplements are being shown to contain unwanted and dangerous chemicals) on good, clean multivitamin supplements? I live in a small town and don't have access to stores with a lot of selection, but can order on line - if I know where to go and what to look for to ensure purity.

I have started to browse some of the websites mentioned in this thread, but I'm overwhelmed, don't have a lot of time to sift through the info and a condensed recommendations would be muh appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 07:30

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 260/252.6/137 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 6%

Jett,

My two favorite brands of supplements, particularly for a daily vitamin, are Solgar and Bluebonnet. They're a little on the pricey side, compared to your regular grocery store fare (and can usually only be found at heath food stores), but are well worth it for the quality product you're receiving.

I know you can order them online, either at supplement retailers or even on Amazon.com.

I'd urge you to check out both their websites (just do a goole search using the brand names) so you can see what you'd be getting.

I hope this helps.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 21:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/191/162 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 50%

Asking the experts.......

Second time around for me on the low carb...and am feeling perplexed......probably because i am getting older......and well the older you get the........more crazy you get.....

Does anyone here have any experiance with dieretics? i tend to bloat especially when i work out, and havent in a week...i know the muscles absorb the water when they are not hydrated and know that weight gain is a result from this.....but what are your thoughts on dieretics in general? i did diurex last tom time and it saved me from going bald.....(pulling hair out)....Currently am weighing only once a week...which will probably change in a few.....i would so adore any additional information....positive or negative on taking this. i truly am thinking of continuing taking this for "THE" week before.....always

I take my vits and supps
multi
vit c 1,000 mg
vit b stress-complex
chrom picol 400 mg
omega 3 1200 mg
Calc mag & zinc 333 mg
patassium Gluc 550 mg

i drink a lot of water.(i usually get to my 99oz per)..i am currently taking it easy on the mill....average 1.5 miles per 1/2 hour (will mix it up before too long) I know not much but is much for me.....intend on adding some spice to my regime before too long.....

Would so love for the bloat to go away...any suggestions?

Oh i think i am in OK health otherwise....going to the doc in a month...havent been in 5 years....so who knows......with that being said...any suggestions?

Thanks....

edited to add....please dont "ripp me a new one" if this has already been asked. im sorry Im all about the quick fix at this time...come on Im a newbie...well here anyways.....but will come around and do some research before i post....that will happen in a few or so.....please educate me before i can educate myself!

Last edited by DianeeM : Mon, Aug-25-08 at 21:47.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-08, 16:30

Stats: 160/155/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I have used www.bodybuilding.com to learn a lot about supplements. There is a store side to the site and a content side to it. The content side has lots of information on supplement types and how they work and what they do. Super informative. Check it out. Oh yeah.. you don't have to be a bodybuilder either
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 13:55

Stats: 227/189/180 Male 6' 0''
BF:
Progress:

Where do you all fall on the debate between using EFAs or Omega-3 supplements?
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-12, 08:23
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

pureformulas.com is having a half price sale on Drs Best products.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, May-04-12, 20:27

Stats: 180/154/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Vitacost Synergy NutriSlim® Low Carb Dieter's Basic Multi-Vitamin
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-16, 11:22

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

There's a lot of information in this thread. I'd like to ask one question....If you had to choose a maximum of 4 supplements or vitamins to take, what would they be and why?