Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 19:03
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had similar results, puppetlady. Atkins wasn't doing it for me (still craved dairy, wheat, and too much high calorie food). Paleo makes it so much easier to keeps calories and carbs low. You just make better choices in general when you can't eat splenda, desserts w/heavy cream, atkins bars, etc.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 11:05

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcstudent
I had similar results, puppetlady. Atkins wasn't doing it for me (still craved dairy, wheat, and too much high calorie food). Paleo makes it so much easier to keeps calories and carbs low. You just make better choices in general when you can't eat splenda, desserts w/heavy cream, atkins bars, etc.

"Soylent Green is.... Atkins Bars!"
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 13:24
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusOne
"Soylent Green is.... Atkins Bars!"

LOL, it is shady stuff. Tastless compared to real food.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: paleolithic, IF-ish
Stats: 202/174/167 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Ruthla, why don't you just try eating 90% -100% paleo as defined by the researchers?

Many people have gotten totally healthy that had severe problems that they didn't think were related to diet. I had arthritis, IBS, and was 35 pounds overweight. I am 54 and now as healthy, vital, and athletic as I was in my early 30s! If you go to www.thepaleodiet.com and see the success stories ... they are just a fraction of what is really happening out there.

Google: Eaton, Cordain, etc. Most here say you can eat more of any animal fat than the researchers say. They would most generally say you can eat some, but you should concentrate on healthy fats (Omega 3 rich).
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-08, 15:55

Plan: nursing lc paleo
Stats: 175/147/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I have had similar success. I dropped gluten and dairy and had a major improvement in my Lyme's symptoms (mostly body/joint aches). Then I completely dropped grains and lost 6 pounds in 3 days! I don't even really count carbs--I just know that I need a lot of meats (lincluding liver and broth)and fats and don't go too crazy on fruits and honey. I also addressed my vitamin D deficiency (as well as others) and I am Lyme's symptom-free at this point! (I was diagnosed in August 2006) I have a lot more energy and mental clarity when I concentrate on meats, fat and veggies too.

And it is very easy for me to maintain my ideal weight with this WOE (I don't feel like it's a diet at all. I eat great food in satisfying portions)...I never thought that would be possible as I have always struggled with my weight in the past and used low-cal/low-fat dieting which led to the destruction of my health. Right now I am due with a baby any day and have probably put on about 30 healthy pounds (I don't weigh myself) and I am not worried about losing it at all after I have the baby since this WOE works so well for my body.

PUPPETLADY--CONGRATS on your health progress. I know what it is like to live in pain ad how liberating it is when you find a way out!!!