Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 20:28

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Wink 7/17/04 Back in the saddle

I thought I'd take a week off of working out and experiment to see if I'd lose weight by changing only that. I lost a little in my inches, but no real weight loss except maybe a pound. Well, today I came down here to Dallas, TX for a week-long conference. The resort they're holding the conference in is huge. They have a 4000-square-foot exercise room with the fanciest set of free weights I've ever seen. The dumbell set goes up to 150 pounds. Who's doing what with a 150-pound dumbell??

Well, when I opened up my journal I saw that it had been almost TWO weeks since I last worked out. Ahhhhhh!!!! How did that happen??

Anyway, I did my first split and it went really well. For the first time I actually did ATF Squats!! (A** to the Floor) I've been very careful about my knees and wasn't that confident of my strength-weight ratio so I've been hesitant. This evening it just felt right so I did it! Man! That's a whole other burn! Between those, 3 of 8, and the step ups, I could hardly hobble back to my room!

The dumbells are also 2.5 pounds heavier than the weight on the side. I tried Built's trick of actually weighing them. I still used the "same" weight as I've been using, which was really 2.5 more, and was able to do it. My military presses were a little lame by #7 of my second set and #6 of my third set, but I muscled on through.

So, I'm working out every day I'm here. It will be sitting on my duff listening to talks all day long, but once the last session is over with at 4:30 I'm off to the gym! I realized how much I missed it, and how much I want to get this tired old carcass back into shape!!

I'm baaaaack!!

Plane Crazy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 11:59

I must be the funniest looking thing going up and down stairs today. I realized I finally found my quads. I thought I had found them before, but I was wrong. They are making their presence very well known today, especially going down stairs.

It's a good burn!

Plane Crazy
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 15:35
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazy
Hey, Built. Just wanted to let you know you've now made me an object of ridicule. I've been working up to ATF squats, always being afraid for my knees and worrying about strength-to-weight ratios. Well, yesterday I finally went for them. I did 3 sets of 8 with no weights, but they were totally ATF.

Today, I walk like I've got a corn cob in an orifice in which it should never be found, and I go down stairs like I'm 102 years old. I also make little noises getting in and out of chairs.

Well, I thought I had worked all of my quads before, but today I've discovered a few extra muscles I never knew I had.

What's amazing is that I had been getting about to the point where my thighs were parallel to the floor, so I thought I was low enough, but this was a whole different territory. Such a burn!

Thanks again, and keep up your evil work.

Plane Crazy

Now you know why I'm having so much trouble getting up to a plate a side for the ATFs. I can do OVER a plate a side if I go to parallel, but ATF is a WHOLE 'nother ball game LOL!

And I know the "old lady" hobble well. I've been there a few times...

Glad you're playing into my evil little plan...

- Built
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 20:32

Legs are a mess today. Yesterday I did the hamstrings so now they're a knot in front and in back. I'm really walking like a constipated duck now.

I also really got my chest this time. I upped some of the weights that I had marked as too light last time. I can feel it!

Unfortunately, I've not been able to eat very regularly. The food here at the convention is spotty and mainly carbage. It's a good thing I had breakfast in my room this morning. The breakfast that they supplied was nothing but sugar: donuts, pastries, muffins, bananas, bagels, and juice. Sheesh.

dinner has been the biggest dissapointment. Last night and tonight they had receptions with finger food, which usually means crap. Tonight all I could find were chicken breasts with some kind of curry sauce on them. I've ordered a chicken ceaser from room service cause I need to eat!

Plane Crazy