Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 02:24

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default British Health Secretary reveals he lost two stone with low carb diet

Quote:
From The Telegraph
London, UK
20 September, 2018

Health Secretary Matt Hancock reveals he lost two stone with low carb diet

The health secretary has spoken about how he lost two stone (28lbs) by cutting out carbs, as he called for an overhaul of Britain's lifestyles.

Matt Hancock said he achieved his weight loss in three months by eliminating bread, potatoes and pasta from his diet, in order to prepare to compete in a steeplechase race.

And he said improvements in healthcare technology and wearables could help those struggling to lose weight to 'take control' of their daily habits.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in China, Mr Hancock said that tackling Britain's rising obesity levels is one of his priorities as Health Secretary.

"I want to have a debate in the UK about how we keep healthy and also about how we personalise health," he told The Telegraph.

"This is about people looking after themselves, taking personal responsibility - around 40% of ur health comes down to lifestyles," he said. "We need to use technology to help us take control.

"It is clear that obesity is one of the rising challenges for the health of the nation, the links between obesity, diabetes and to cancer are increasingly clear.

"We need to ensure that people don't always reach to the medicinal solution. Losing weight, activity and eating better are the best things that you can do to tackle obesity.

Mr Hancock said his own diet efforts were spurred on by a competitive streak, after he was signed up to take part in a charity race at Newmarket in 2012.

"When I first entered parliament ... I put om quite a lot of weight and I signed up to do a horse race and I had to lose two stone.

"I did it over three months by not eating bread,potatoes or pasta. I had to get down to 11 stone 7 which is below my comfortable weight but I've onluy put one stone back. I try to stay fit."

The Health Secretary, who replaced Jeremy Hunt in July, said other weight loss stories could inspire Britons to lose weight. Two in three adults in England are overweight or obese.

"I want to pay tribute here to Tom Watson, who alongside being deputy leader of the Labour party, has also lost seven stones and is in remission from diabetes and no longer has to take medication," he said.

"Now that is multi tasking. He is an example ot many."

Mr Watson spoke last week about how he ended a "30 year love affair with beer and curries" in a bid to save himself from an early grave.

Mr Hancock, 39, admitted to a sweet tooth, but said he tried to keep a healthy lifestyle overall.

"I suffer the same temptations ass everybody else and I my best to resist them. Portuguese Pastel de nata is a particular problem for me," he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...stone-low-carb/

It's really encouraging to see yet another high profile British politician espousing the low carb diet, especially when he's the Government Minister in charge of the nation's health

Last edited by Demi : Thu, Sep-20-18 at 02:38.
Sponsored Links