Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/175/155 Female 5"4"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I ground flax seed, cinnamon and splenda and put it in the bottom of a muffin tin (the paper thing) then spooned the chocolate/peanut butter mixture on top. OH MY GOODNESS!!! It is almost sinful and it doesn't add extra carbs - please give it a try!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 15:50
Registered Member

Stats: 132/125/115 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Wanted to add: I make the peanut butter cups in plastic ice cube trays. From one recipe I get about 14 which breaks down into a little over 2 carbs per "cube". I also add a little bit of heavy cream and softened cream cheese to the mix.
  #228   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 11:35
Registered Member

Stats: 211/175/155 Female 5"4"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for the great idea. I will sure use the ice cube trays and try the cream cheese in the cups. I am having a hard time only eating one - I probably could eat all of them at one time if I allowed myself to do it. Have you tried putting the flax seed meal in the bottom of the tray yet - uum is it good Thanks again!
  #229   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 07:29
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I finally tried this recipe, you would have thought I would gotten around to it earlier. Anyway, I made the mistake of using regular butter instead of unsalted! WOW, I never knew there was so much salt in butter!

Second batch worked out well, after running to the store and buying unsalted butter. But for some reason, I can't get over the idea that I am just eating flavored butter! All in all, a good way to get the fat count up for the day!
  #230   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 08:55

Stats: 195/175/154 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi,

I read this post yesterday & it got me drooling & searching through the cupboards for ingredients!

I did not have the unsweetened choc and a trip to my local (small) asda was unsuccessful so I improvised!

I used a very large slug of the da vinci chocolate sugar free syrup to replace the choc & the splenda.

As you can imagine the mixture was very sloppy & went a long way! Also it was still peanut butter coloured!

I have just tried one, and although it was nothing like the originals it was still very nice, but more of a frozen ice cream sort of texture.

I will def be making again, but will be useing small lolly moulds which will be bigger, but with out the carbs for the choc & the granulated splenda the recipie now only contains about 10 carbs all from the peanut butter!

So a failure on the looks front, but a thumbs up on the taste

Kate (",)
  #231   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 15:31
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ok experiment time, DS and I are going to try this with only a couple modifications.

Mini muffin tins for portion control and coocnut cream since I don't have heavy cream around. Also erthynol (sp) instead of granular splenda. It's mostly for the kids as I've lost alot of my taste for sweets, but you never know I may get addicted to them as I love P&B
  #232   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 07:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

these look great linda . i will have to try them
  #233   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 13:07

Stats: 148/148/126 Female 5 feet 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone!

I love love LOVE reeses peanut butter cups so 2night i attempted to make my own low carb ones - really easy peasy too!

recipe makes 4 -

melt 25g (about an ounce) of 75% chocolate (the good stuff) in the microwave and pour a teaspoon or so into the bottom of 4 mini muffin cases. Harden in the fridge, then take out and spoon again 25g (ounce) of sugar free peanut butter into the four cases (on the top of the chocolate) - pour the rest of the melted choc onto the top of the p/b to coat completely. Stick in the fridge to harden! ET VOILA! - havent tried one yet but i'll let you know how they taste! - Oh i nearly forgot, mine work out around 3.5 carbs per cup!

Ax
  #234   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 09:02

Plan: What-Everrrrrr
Stats: 230/129/115 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I made these last night before bed...they're gone. I did share & everyone is raving. I put chopped peanuts in the bottom of the cups (I love chocolate covered peanuts!), but the only thing I may do differently is add a small bit of paraffin wax to the mixture so they don't melt so quickly. I'd like to have them out for the holidays, but not have to refreeze them often.
  #235   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:13

Stats: 190/153/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Some help please...

I'm looking forward to making these soon, but I only have the packets of Splenda. How many should I use?
  #236   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-05, 18:59

Stats: 275/224/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Rob I am from london also and would love to chat with a new lo carb friend. my e-mail is bic97~hotmail.com I have lost 25 pounds in 2 months would love to chat
  #237   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 11:02

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

I think I'm gonna try these out tonight-- major PMS o'er here needing some taming!
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 08:55

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok. these really are FANTASTIC! I've made them once with unsalted butter, once with salted butter -- Hands down I prefer the salted butter. Also, I use CRUNCHY peanut butter and feel that it REALLY makes these special treats!
  #239   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-06, 08:08
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I like stiring in some unsalted macadamia peices..Very yummy.

Angel
  #240   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-06, 11:08
nameless

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I made these last night and they taste great!