Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/218/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Talking hello to all, and help please

Hello to everyone. Ive been on this diet now for nearly seven weeks now, I lost 7lbs in my first week, but only 4lbs since. My weight seems to go up and down by as much as 5lbs per week. But I am in ketosis as the strips go really dark almost at once, I enjoy the diet and find it easy, no more hunger or being shaky if I have not eaten. But it is very frustrating not to be losing faster as I have so much to go.
I would also like to sent my thoughts and prayers to all of America.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 16:23

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Water

My first thought, "Are you drinking enough water?" How much are you drinking daily??
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 16:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

...and 11 pounds in five weeks is great results!

Consider starting a journal in the Journal Forum. We can point out any low-carb infractions to you.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 04:43
Registered Member

BF:
Default Not drinking enough

Probably not enough, 4 cups of coffee, 3 classes of diet soda, and if I make myself, about 2 glasses of water. Does it realy make that much difference, if so I will force myself to drink more.
Thankyou for your replies.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 06:43

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Yes, It really does

It makes a HUGE difference. Your body needs a minimum 64 oz (8 glasses) of water every day. For weight loss you should be drinking 8 more ounces for every 25 lbs you want to lose.

Caffeine and aspartame are both stallers for many. Aspartame can also cause you to crave sweets. Replace the diet soda with water and try to cut out the coffees.

You will notice a difference.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 08:26

Stats: 264/175/180?
BF:
Progress:
Default I love my sodas

I am a diet pepsi addict. But when I find myself wanting another glass I drink a glass or two of water first. This way I get my water and still have my soda. The good thing is that over time you want less of the soda and enjoy the water.

If you can't go the water try a little lemon or I started with Crystal Lite and with each canister mixed I would dilute it more and more.

Also, I use a "sports" type bottle with a straw. Seems to go faster.

These work for me (so far - 15 pounds in one month )

Just keep at it, you can do it!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 11:20
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Thankyou

Thankyou for all the advice, I do only drink decaff coffee. Please dont ask me to give it up. I will try to drink more, even though I hate the water. We dont have crystal lite in England as far as I know, let me know if anybody else knows otherwise.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 12:21

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

I used to hate drinking water too, until I actually started making myself do it. Now I rather enjoy it. When I first started, I was reluctant to give up my diet. dr. peppers. I made it a reward. I kept a 2 liter jug of water in my fridge, and when the water was all gone, I was allowed to have my one soda. I've since switched to decaf diet. dr. pepper, which isn't all that bad by the way, and only drink one of those occasionally.

I'm drinking decaf coffee and haven't had any problems with it (switched from caffeinated - used to drink a lot of it)
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 07:55

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome dawn! congratulations on your weight loss! try to gradually replace your diet sodas with a glass of water. i used to drink 4-5 coffees a day and a 750ml bottle of diet pepsi! i rarely drink pop know and i only have one decaf a day! i drink over 4 litres of water a day! i actually crave it! you can do this too! i have absolutely no willpower, so if i can, anyone can!