Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/213/165
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default New to Atkins

Hi there-- I'm just finishing my first week of induction and have had encouraging results. I've never tried Atkins before, but I've tried everything else under the sun and have lost and then gained everything back with interest. It is very scary for me to start something new because I'm so afraid that I'm going to fail again. I think it will be good for me to have the support of people who either have been through or are going through exactly what I am.

I'm looking forward to success!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 14:40

Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Cool Welcome

Hi and welcome to a great forum. I also have tried every program imaginable with varied success. This is the only way of eating that has given me sustainable results.
Stop by often for inspiration and much great information. Ask questions because there are many knowledgeable people who will help you.
Glad you found us. Good luck.

Cheers,
Lara
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 07:49

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome wshouse! you'll find this a very easy way of eating to stick to, especially with all the support and info that you'll find here! check out the lowcarb tips on the gold bar at the top of the page. also check out the lowcarb recipes!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 09:00

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: New to Atkins

Quote:
Originally posted by wshouse
It is very scary for me to start something new because I'm so afraid that I'm going to fail again.

Welcome wshouse. I'm sure you'll find, as I have, that this WOE is very different from anything you've tried before. This one actually works I've lost weight, I feel great and it's so easy to stick to it. When a week passes by and I haven't lost weight, I can check my measurements and sure enough, I've lost inches. The hopelessness that accompanies most *diets* (not to mention the fatigue and hunger) is gone. I know this works... and it can work for you too!

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 09:42

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default results

Hi, once you starting seeing results, you'll think this is wonderful, not scary.

Arm yourself with tons of information by reading. You'll find lots of support here, so stop by often and let us know how you're doing.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. (no pun intended!!)