Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 09:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169/155
BF:
Progress: 30%
Unhappy Here I go again!

Hi,
My name is Jennifer and I am hoping that this forum will help me stick to the induction phase of the atkins diet. I had lost 20 lbs last year on Atkins. I felt great! My clothes fit and to be honest, I looked really good! but..I tend to get cocky when I lose weight and start eating whatever I want again. The weight came back and now I am right back to where I started. I have tried to do the diet again and I have such a hard time sticking to it now! It is only 2 weeks of severe low carbs but if I make it 2 days I am lucky! Where is that willpower that I had before?? I have gone up a size and those are starting to get small on me now. I feel soooooo gross.
If anyone wants to be chat pals about this I would love it. My MSN messenger is ****, my aol messenger is jennipherbrown.
Also, I am in Milwaukee so if anyone is near and would like to talk that would be great also!
Thanks for listening to me vent,
Jen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 10:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Jen,

Good luck this time around, and you;ll find lots of support here.

Please do not post email addresses, you may send it privately, it just attracts more spam.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 11:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello Jennifer!

You've found a great place here to get support, advice, ideas etc for this way of life. I'm so glad I found this forum, it's been inspirational to say the least. About the willpower, in my experience...every diet I've ever been on has had its own special level of willpower involved, from almost none to superhuman-like. I haven't noticed any pattern for myself.

At least this time, I feel like I'm not going at it alone, with all of these wonderful people here on these boards. Helps sooo much!

I've also managed to talk a few friends into doing this with me, and they're all doing pretty well too.

I think any endeavor in which you are not alone is definitely doable.

Good luck to you and keep us all posted on your progress

Raven
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power/Atkins
Stats: 165/165/120
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard. I have found this forum to be verrrry helpful. The support is overwhelming. I have been on Atkins for 3 and 1/2 weeks. I am feeling better about myself, even though the weight is coming off verrrry slow. Keep the faith.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 04:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 170/166/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default For Jen

Hey Jen,
I have MSN messenger also and we weigh about the same.
log me in if you want. I will not do voice connect since there
is always something going on here and background noise will
drive ya crazy.

my email is karinc ****

KarN
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 05:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169/155
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking Thanks!

I think the support system here is going to work! I hope so! I made it through one day of induction, although I did take one bite of my son's ice cream (it was REALLY LITTLE I SWEAR!). I made signs and hung them in my kitchen. Little phrases like "how bad do you want this?" and "stay away from the cereal!" hahah..I am such a dork. I will have to run around and take them down if anyone comes over!
Anyway, I am up really early so I can make myself breakfast and not grab a nutragrain bar on the way out the door.
Thanks again for the replies!
Jennifer
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power/Atkins
Stats: 165/165/120
BF:
Progress: 0%

Glad to hear you are doing it! Each day will get easier! I swear. I doubted that at the beginning, but it really is true! And keep on comin here for support - IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!