Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 05:43
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Exercise Tips to Help it Be more effective & fun!

I wanted to share the following that I got in a newsletter. It seems like good advice, and maybe some here can get some help from it.
"First off, most people don't like to exercise. The reason? It takes some effort. But once you get in to exercising on a regular basis it REALLY improves the quality of your life and make you feel like a million bucks!
Now my first rule of exercise is that it has to be FUN! If you don't like it, you won't do it for long. My second rule is that it must not take much time. We're all very busy these days. I exercise 5 to 6 days a week for just 20 minutes. Or, if I'm really busy, I exercise just three times a week for 40 minutes. My third rule is that you must start out slow. If you start to fast you'll get sore and burn yourself out before you even get going!

Here's some exercises that really keep your heart rate up and burn fat, fast!
* swimming
* biking
* hiking
* racquetball
* basketball
* yard work
* walking (I walk by dog)
* Resistance training (weight training) The best way to get fast results!
* Use exercise equipment at the gym or at home.

Trying doing one of these exercises 5 to 6 days a week for just 20 minutes. You'll be amazed at how the fat falls away... IF... you follow the eating plan I outlined in my last email to you! (No matter how much you exercise, if you're eating wrong you won't lose weight!)

So what's my "secret" for burning up to 200% more fat from exercise without more work? It's very, very simple. DO YOUR EXERCISE IN THE MORNING BEFORE YOU EAT ANYTHING!!!

Yep, that's the real secret. Why? Because in the morning you haven't eaten for several hours and your blood sugar level will naturally be at a lower level. So, instead of your body burning the sugar in your blood stream to fuel your exercise, it will quickly dip into your stubborn fat cells and suck them up like a natural form of liposuction! By doing this--exercising before you eat--it's like getting double the results for half the effort! This is very important to getting fast results without extra willpower.

Please note: Always drink a half glass of water in the morning before exercising, and, if you feel light headed or faint, you may need to eat a small piece of fruit or a piece of toast before exercising. (Some people's blood sugar levels are to low in the morning and this will help raise it.) Contact a doctor if you continue to feel dizzy or faint.

Here's another "bonus tip" for today to help you burn even more fat! Don't just mosey through your exercise program reading a book or not working to hard. This won't burn much fat. The real secret is to vary your intensity. Here, I'll explain what I do during a 20 minute exercise routine:

* The first 2 minutes I warm up.
* The next minute I perform the exercise at an intensity level of 5 ( with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest).
* The next minute I perform the exercise at an intensity level of 8 (my heart really gets going and I start to breath harder).
* The next minute I go back to 5.
* The next minute back to 8.

Not counting the warm up, this little cycle will take me 4 minutes and I'll do it 5 times for a total of 20 minutes. Then I'll cool down for 2 minutes. See what I mean?

It's easy to do this program while walking or on exercise equipment. Just wear a watch to time your 1 minute intervals and constantly change your intensity level.

I'm tell you, these two secrets will burn so much fat, so quickly, you'll be amazed. Now, just stay away from that extra junk food and you'll be on your way to a new you fast!"
Sponsored Links