Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 11:58

Plan: good fat low carb
Stats: 255/170/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default almond recall.. trader joes, bulk barn etc. etc.

admin: im not sure where this post goes, please move if appropriate.. thank you

im sure you have heard about this.. but I dont know if the package of almonds I have in the freezer is one to be concerned about.. I wrote to Fisher nuts about it..

if you havent heard about it, there is a recall of sorts on california raw and caramel almonds with reddish skins.. some type of salmonella contamination.. I thought at first it was only in canada but my husband said he heard on the news it is also in some states...

CANADA::
Quote:
Bulk Barn Foods expanded its earlier recall to include mixed snack products containing raw California Natural Supreme Almonds that may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Wednesday

USA::
Quote:
May 18, 2004 -- Paramount Farms today announced that it is voluntarily recalling from distribution whole natural raw almonds sold under the Kirkland Signature, Trader Joe’s and Sunkist brands. The almonds sold under the Kirkland Signature brand, available exclusively at Costco Wholesale Inc., were marked “raw almonds” and were packaged in three-pound, lay-flat plastic bags stamped with a “best before” date from 8/21/04 through 2/8/05. For Trader Joe’s and Sunkist, the packages bear the “best before” dates of 8/21/04 through 3/15/05. The almonds sold by Trader Joe’s are in a one-pound lay-flat plastic bag marked “nonpareil variety raw almonds” and the almonds sold by Sunkist are in a 10-ounce lay-flat plastic bag marked “raw natural whole almonds.”

LINK

not trying to cause a scare.. but I think over 100 people in canada have had a problem..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:19

Plan: good fat low carb
Stats: 255/170/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

recieved a speedy reply from Fishers Nuts..

Quote:
This voluntary recall is from Paramount Farms in California.

We do not buy anything from them.

The recalled product is sold as Costco's Kirkland Signature brand in the Northwest and the Trader Joe's & Sunkist brands.

We have never found any evidence of salmonella in our Fisher Almonds and stand behind them 100 percent.

If you have any further questions or concern, give me a yell!

THANKS!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 13:27

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

are bulk barn and superstore the same thing?