Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Damn! I fell off the wagon!

Hey everyone... I fell off the wagon yesterday, I had a peice of pizza and some ice cream...oh and toast... oh well! I am back on the wagon again today... gonna make some deviled eggs, and since I do not weigh myself, I cannot tell if I gained any and I don't want to know, it will just make me feel bad...

So I failed for a few hours, but I am back... I will succeed!

Tarah
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 10:34

Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default I can relate...even more so....

I fell off the wagon too, during my two weeks in Estonia. I ended up consuming many more carbohydrates than I had planned for, and ended up at my earlier beginning weight, plus two pounds!

So, I've begun induction all over again, as of yesterday. It's only fat for me now...I'm determined. I have to do it.

AJ
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 10:38

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

That's the attitude! You'll do fine.

Rachel
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 13:51
europoz

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default ~

~
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 14:49
Registered Member

BF:
Default Can I have everyones attention

Hi everyone, I have some sad news. This WOL is not for me... although it is very good for everyone else who has had success, I can not do it anymore. I find myself feeling sick everytime I eat fat, like eggs and I am very tired from it. I feel that I need to try something else, like WW... might aswell try. I will however still love to keep touch with this site and see how everyone is doing... would that be ok? As I see it, whatever WOL we are on, we all have the same motive, to feel good about ourselves, and to keep healthy.... So I bid farewell, adn wish you all continuing sucess!

Tarah

" Eat to live, don't live to eat"
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 15:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Tarah and AJ,
Just jump right back on!!! I feel like I have no right to pass on advice, since I just got back on the wagon a week ago, after falling off in July!!! I look back only to see what "could have been" this summer. So I want to support you to stay on, don't let the fall get you down! As long as you get right back up, you'll be a winner. Keep riding!
Jeanette
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: Have followed Atkins, but sorta modified to me. More vegetables
Stats: 174/150/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Fell Off, But Jumped back on

Don't quit now! I fell off the wagon for almost a whole year . I gained back 9 lbs. of the original 30 I lost. I've jump back on and today showed moderate on my keto stix! What a wonderful feeling. I now know I'm back to being a fat burning machine. Try the Mock Danish. That's what got me through the first couple of days. Keep trying. It's worth it.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 16:19

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Tarah

Hello Tarah,

I know how you feel. Ya know, I've read about everything on this subject and I know how hard this can be at times particularily when you are starting out. (especially because I don't like meat all that much).

I thought I would suggest to you "The Schwarzbein Principle". I would think it's similar to weight watchers, and I know there are people here who follow it. The nice thing about it...and btw I AM GOING TO DO SCWARZBEIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...the nice thing is you can have eggs/bacon/TOAST/FRUIT/veggies...all at the same time! It's not a diet! It's just cutting out the garbage.

It is still low carb but NOT SEVERE...all in proportion.
It's a phenomenal book, and inexpensive. Her whole thing is you can have carbs...but have the "good" ones and keep it in proportion...1 slice bread....1/2 baked potato....and you will loose weight...nuts raisins cheese for snacks....not bad huh?

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along.

Muse
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 20:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default Muse

Hey that sounds really great... I would love to hear more about it..

I am joining WW tomorrow, there is a meeting and I think I could do really well oe n this. See some people may think that I am weak for getting off the Atkins, but it is not a matter of weakness, its really expensive, and I am a college student, putting myself through, I hate meat... and being in college, food is everywhere, I have purchased a Cross-Trainer and I want to do it twice a day.. 30 minutes each time. I would love to be able to do the atkins, but my body and my mind says no, I am only 40-45 pounds away from my goal, so I think WW will be fine for me..

Thanx

Tarah
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 22:02

Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Tarah:

I think you are right to do what feels right for you. I know my mom tried Atkins for a while, and lost about 13 lbs in fairly quick time but could not get her mind wrapped around the concept that she shouldn't feel "bad" or "guilty" about eating more than 2 eggs a week, or using butter and full fat cream. She wasn't weak, just really couldn't deal with the food choices. And she wasn't a college student who couldn't afford the food required...

Anyway, the important thing is to find something that does feel right for you, and that does fit in with your lifestyle right now. If you continually cheat on Atkins, you are probably better off finding a different plan that you can remain faithful to, and comfortable with.

Please enjoy your time at college, and whether you are on Atkins or WW or whatever, best of luck to you!!!

PS: I know it is a staple of college life, but Atkins or not, don't go too crazy on the Kraft Dinner...

Mari
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 08:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 144/138/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

Me too.. Out to my favorite restaurant for anniversary last night and was suckered into the most delicious, rich, creamy, dreamy chocolate crusted creme brulee. OH MY GOD!! It was so delicious!!! Im a little scared that Im so excited about this, but, boy! It was such a treat!! However, back to basic training today...