Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 12:27

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%
Default Question on copying entries and post to another day

Can I copy a group of entries and turn it into a recipe without having to enter each item individually or post it to another day? Also on the drop down list that starts "Add to Favorites" is an option "Add to Recipe Ingredients". How is this used?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 13:57
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if you click on New Recipe down at the bottom of the menu on the left of the My P.L.A.N. page, you can enter your entire recipe, then click on Create Recipe. After that, you must look up each ingredient separately (there's a search box right on the Recipe page), click on Add to Recipe Ingredients, and adjust for the amount of the ingredient you used. It seems a bit awkward the first time or two you do it, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy and quick.

Does that help you at all?

Another option that might work for you is Bulk Entry. I use this when I have certain things I always eat together, like the bacon and eggs I almost always have for breakfast. When you click on your Bulk Entry to add it to your Daily Entry page, each item is listed separately. For instance, my bacon & egg breakfast is for 3 eggs and 4 strips of bacon, but since the eggs and bacon each show up separately on my Daily Entry, it's easy to change the amount of each that I ate on a given day.

Last edited by Kisal : Sat, Dec-27-08 at 14:03.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 16:34

Hi, Kisal

Actually what happened is that I entered a list of ingredients for an enchilada casserole that I had eaten on Thursday that was made by a friend. On Friday I ate some of the leftovers and was hoping to just copy the ingredients from the day before over to Friday. Instead I opened a second tab for Friday and entered the ingredients separately as on Thursday. I did not want to turn it into a recipe as I won't be making it.

My other question has to do with the drop down list where you can delete an entry. There is another option that says "Add to ingredient list". I was wondering does that add to the ingredients in the USDA list? That really doesn't make sense and not where I have entered ingredients such as splenda that are not on their list.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 19:01
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
My other question has to do with the drop down list where you can delete an entry. There is another option that says "Add to ingredient list". I was wondering does that add to the ingredients in the USDA list? That really doesn't make sense and not where I have entered ingredients such as splenda that are not on their list.
The only "Add to Ingredients" that I see on the drop-down menu is "Add to Recipe Ingredients," which is what you would use when creating a recipe.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
The only "Add to Ingredients" that I see on the drop-down menu is "Add to Recipe Ingredients," which is what you would use when creating a recipe.
That's the one I was referring to. I don't know how it works, I just go into "New Recipe" and create the recipe there.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 13:04
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
That's the one I was referring to. I don't know how it works, I just go into "New Recipe" and create the recipe there.

Items added to ingredient list will be available as a pick-list to select from when creating new recipes.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Items added to ingredient list will be available as a pick-list to select from when creating new recipes.

Wa'il
Thanks, that does explain it!