Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 11:47

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 155/155/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb

Hi All. Time to confess. I have switched from Atkins to the Carbo Addicts diet. After 2 weeks on Atkins I lost NOTHING. Not a kilogram. I think it had to do with the high fat thing. I have switched to CA which advocated Low Fat meals. 2 x protein meals a day and one time limited carbo meal a day. I am going to give this a try instead. No fat permitted and no snacking. I think this will work better for me. Has anyone else tried this?

For my carb supper I just had my first potato in about 3 weeks... and let me tell you it didn't taste as good as I thought it would!

Hold thumbs for me please... I really need this to work. I weighed in at my all time high EVER today. I weigh only 3 kgs (about 6 pounds?) less than I did when I was pregnant! GULP!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 11:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins of a type...
Stats: 213/209/170 Female 146"
BF:not sure will look
Progress: 9%
Default Thanks for the advice

Appreciate the feedback, I suppose I do feel thinner. I have noticed a lot of people talking about measurements, and have never really bothered before. It may well be the boost I need. You said that you often lose pounds in a block and then nothing for a while. This is inspiring, as I think it may be my problem. I feel too ashamed to post menus at the moment due to my weekend alcohol content but will note this weeks and drop them in if I don't get rolling again x Now where is that tape measure...........
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 01:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

hi bread,
i am in Germany also and have found that low carb products are impossible to find. You have to order them from the UK. I did read that Splenda may be coming to Germany early next year! I also found sugar free jello at an English import shop. Have you found "silken tofu" and a good soy flour?

#34   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 13:26
Registered Member

Default Hi Bread

Hope its going well. I did the CAD before, but totally went insane on my reward meal. I did find it a brilliant way to diet in terms of the disciplne it lent me. It was easier to resist the things I would normally feel that I was missing out on. But BOY!! did I go for it. In spite of all I stuffed away, Amazingly did not put any on. My plan was to use it as a longterm maintenance diet. I was really pleased when I read Atkins and he mentioned it. However, I am beginning to see the benefits of cutting carbs right down. I am scared that I will ever again be at the whim of my terrible chocolate craving. I may have to go to CAD soon, just for a rest if nothing else, but first need to get a good few pounds under this 1/2 stone which is just frozen defiantly!! Paleolanth inspired me to keep on track last night (thanks) and I took my measurements. I know I'm gonna learn a lot about this WOE, and am really glad that its beginning to form as a philosophy in my head, not just a "fad" diet. When I read Atkins I wasn't thinking it would or could be forever, but the folks on here have made me believe that it could be possible, with a little tweaking to suit........Anyway enough ranting, off to cook Tofu in a marinade of sesame oil, sherry vinegar, chilli sauce, and worcestershire sauce (inspired from one of the sites suggested on this forum), I am going to add toasted sesame seeds and one small head of pakchoi sauteed in sesame oil. Yum, Tum x
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 13:30
Registered Member

Default Hmmm?

By the way, can anyone expalin the stats at the side. I know I eneterd mine, but can't remember what they represent? Also, that little % thing. I was pleased to see mine said 10%, that cheered me up, but how do you change it if or WHEN you lose anymore?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:40

BF:

Hi Smurf

Wow - How exiting to find another person who lives in Germany. Great idea to look for foods in the British Store. We have one in Düsseldorf and I will try to find some sugar free treats there. No, I have not found silken tofu anywhere. Maybe in the Japanese Stores? We have loads here and I have not tried there yet. I will let you know if I find some there. I managed to find Soya flour a few months ago. It is not low carb though. I did find a Protein Powder drink that I have been using as flour. YUKYUKYUK.
I feel kind 'left out in the dark' doing Low Carb here in Germany... there are hardly any products or books.... or am I looking in all the wrong places?!??!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:46

BF:

Hi Melody
Yip, that's just how I feel...
On the one hand I am thrilled by the CAD's policy of no snacking and everything being low fat. I can definately deal with that a lot better than the freedom that Atkins gives you to dive into the high fat foods.
And:
On the other hand, eating my first carb in ages was TERRIFYING. I was convinced that I was going to spontaneously combust or something. I am going to try to go slow on the Reward Meal (Last night I ate 3 chocolate eggs left over from Easter!) and might even drop the carb totally, just to loose weight at first.

Have you tried any of the Atkin's bread or muffin recipies? I am too scared to try them... I am so worried that eating Atkins bread is just one step closing to my DOOM of eating loads of normal bread again.

What beverages do you have during the day?
Is black coffee REALLY slowing down my weight loss?

Happy Cooking!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 14:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

hi bread,
It is driving me nuts trying to find anything low-carb. Even the mayonaise is not low carb. I will not order any low-carb bread, muffing, cake mixes yet as I do think that for me it will just push me into the real thing. Perhaps when I get to maintenance?? Right now when I really want something sweet I buy the Natreen sugar free creme dessert mixes and instead of milk use cream or even quark!! It seems to satisfy the sweet cravings. If I find Anything low carb I will let you know.
Have a great day

smurf(judi)
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 16:18
Registered Member

Talking Hi all, hope you are doing well

Well, got stuck into a tray of chocolates today, I was planning a carb out, but it was not supposed to be a tray of chocs at 11.00am!! I did manage to finish well within my alloted hour, about 3 minutes acually until I felt sick, after I had pinched the best ones from the bottom layer. Still, feel quite philosophical about it. Maybe you should give youself one pig out on bread if that is your passion, bread (I guess your name says it all!) I shall be stalking the scales with interest. Feels good to have got it out of my sytsem, and I am hoping that the scales might budge. Watch this space (get smaller!!)