Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 04:23

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 305.2/287.2/238 Male 6ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Finding Time

I just posted something that got me thinking a wee bit about Kids and time for to do stuff and i was wondering how many have kids here that seem to take up their spare time and how do you find time to make all these recipes.just a thought
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 04:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

I don't have kids (unless you count my cat?!) but, although I adore cooking, I do also have a lot of stuff I'd rather be doing.

If you look at most of the recipes in my journal, they're all very quick and easy to make. My breakfast baked eggs, for example, took me half a minute to prepare and are now in the oven while I catch up here before having my breakfast and getting on with my latest pattern. Likewise, last night's dinner of fried halloumi and salad took about five minutes to prepare before settling down with a video.

Most recipes seem fairly easy to do swiftly, and certainly no more time consuming than "ordinary" cookery. Unless you're in to those ready meals the supermarkets sell, of course... but I always found those abhorrent, so have nothing to miss there!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 04:59

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 305.2/287.2/238 Male 6ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Yeah it's probably a guy thing making it look harder than it probably is regarding cooking that is.
When it comes to driving well thats another story

BTW i'm having to look up what halloumi is i'm useless at foods
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 05:00

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

If I'm preparing or cooking something that's going to take a bit of time I take my 5 year old with me and let him help, I've been doing this with him since he was 18 months and he really loves cooking and finding out what happens when you add different ingredients to dishes.

Another approach could be to have one afternoon or evening a week to do a big cook up and freeze dishes.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 05:29

Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Wee scone! Poor Carbcutter... and sorry; its a type of cheese from Greece. It doesn't melt when you fry it... sliced (about 1cm thick), it takes just a couple of minutes each side in a bit of butter, and tastes really good with a small squeeze of lime over it (remember the carbs in lime juice though)!

And good point Kelly. I was going to say, my mum always used to include the kids when she was cooking. It was always good fun for us, meant that she got a helping hand, and also meant we grew up knowing how to cook so leaving home and catering for ourselves didn't suddenly take us by surprise!

Last edited by UrbanGypsy : Sat, Aug-30-03 at 05:30.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 06:11

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

i usually do my baking on a sunday when i,m kid free.then i freeze everything for the week ahead.
i do bake during the week with the kids but thats for them.chocolate rice crispy cakes is the current thing they like to make.takes me ages to clear up!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 06:24

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

lol, chocolate cornflake cakes are the favourites here at the moment, at least they've stopped trying to get me to eat them!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 06:28

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

i have to keep the baby wipes next to me to stop me licking my fingers.hannah was always trying to "post" a bit in my mouth but now she gives it to the dogs instead.thank god.

Last edited by pepsi max : Sat, Aug-30-03 at 06:30.