Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/139/125 Female 62 inches
BF:39.3/36.6/??
Progress: 36%
Wink need easy pork chop recipes

i have pork chops to cook and was wondering if anyone had any tasty recipes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 17:29

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I have a few... but please note, I haven't tried any of them yet and don't know the carb counts:

Easy Caramelized Onion Pork Chops
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 (4 ounce) pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
3 teaspoons seasoning salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 onion, cut into slices
1 cup water

Rub chops with 2 teaspoons seasoning salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste.

In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side. Add the onions and water to the pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.

Turn chops over, and add remaining salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until water evaporates and onions turn light to medium brown. Remove chops from pan, and serve with onions on top. Makes 4 servings

MEXICAN PORK CHOPS

4 boneless pork chops
1 envelope taco seasoning mix (check carb count!)
1/2 cup (or more) salsa (choose an LC one)

Rub chops with the taco seasoning. Heat about 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to dinner plates and top with salsa.

Makes 4 servings.

Tamara’s Italian Breaded Pork Chops

Serving Size : 2

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 large pork loin chops (the thick Costco ones)
buttermilk -- (or egg wash)
crushed pork rinds
Italian seasoning
garlic powder
freshly ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese -- optional

Dry the chops with a paper towel. Pour a little buttermilk into the bottom of a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, mix well the crushed pork rinds and seasonings (and if desired, parmesan).

Dip the chops in the buttermilk, then in the crumbs. Place in a shallow baking dish, and bake on center rack at 350°F for 35 minutes. Move rack to the top, turn oven to broil, and let broil just until tops brown up a little more.

Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.

Seasoning variation: for something a little less "Italian", try garlic
powder, parsley, paprika, and pepper.

Huckleberry Mountain Porterhouse Pork Chops
(serves 4)

1 teaspoon dried sage
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
¼ cup honey mustard
4 16-ounce porterhouse pork chops

Mix the sage, salt, sugar, paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl to make a rub.

Massage the mustard into the chops with your hands and then sprinkle the rub over the chops, coating them evenly.

Put the chops on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.

Grill the chops on an oiled grill rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals or a hot gas fire (400 to 450 degrees), for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.

Remove from the heat, seal the chops in heavy-duty foil and let them stand 5 minutes before serving.

Butterflied Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce

For the pork chops :

6 thick pork loin chops -- butterflied
1/2 cup pork rinds -- crushed fine
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
dash pepper
1 large egg -- beaten

To make the Mushroom Sauce :

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup canned mushrooms -- whole,drained

- Trim all fat from meat.
- Combine seasonings with crushed pork rinds, dip chops in egg & then in crumbs, chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat approximately 2 T. olive oil in large skillet.
- Slowly brown the chops on each side.
- Place chops in a casserole & bake at 350*F covered for about 1/2 hour.
- Uncover & continue baking for another 20 minutes until cooked but not overcooked. This will crisp up the coating.

Prepare sauce:

- In 2 Tablespoons butter saute the onions until soft but not browned.
- Stir in the flour, mix well then add the cream.
- Stir until thickened & smooth.
- Season with S&P, then add the mushrooms
- Cook & stir until thick & bubbly.

Spoon sauce over each chop as it is served.

Hope these help!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool Chops

I season my chops to taste and cook them in olive oil and butter in a skillet. Then I remove the chops and cook thinly sliced onion, celery chunks and mushrooms in the same pan until soft. To that I add heavy cream and prepared mustard to taste...whisk and cook until hot. Pour the mixture over the chops and serve.

Of course, now that the weather is nice, nothing beats PC's grilled outside...

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/139/125 Female 62 inches
BF:39.3/36.6/??
Progress: 36%

thanks so much for the recipes. i can't wait to try them!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:49

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

I like to season my pork chops, put them in a baking pan, and cover with fresh, frozen, or canned veggies, sometimes adding cream soup (check label for carbs) and cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Actually, I use whatever meat is handy ie. pork chops, pork steak, chicken breast, etc., maybe use taco seasoning, Tony's, or just salt and pepper and garlic; and use whatever low carb veggies are on hand. Each time is a little different, but I have never had it come out bad.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 18:37

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I just made the easy carmelized pork chops and they came out awesome. My 10 & 6 yr old loved it, of course I did not give them the onions.
I didn't have season salt. I used hamburger seasoning, garlic & onion powder, dry mustard (don't really know what that's used for)rosemary,basil and parsley. I am not a good cook, so I don't know what spices go with what,but it turned out delicious. I almost forgot I put a dash of chili powder. Don't know why just did. It made it a little spicy.
I used 2 tsp hamburger spice, 1 tsp pepper and didn't measure the rest.,I used 6 pork chops( recipe calls for 4) and just rubbed my spices on each one. Then had to make more spices to cover other 2 pork chops. I left it uncovered during the second part ,otherwise the water would've never evaporated. The onions didn't brown but the sauce got thick, bubbly and browned . I served mine and my dh with a little sauce on each one. Yum.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/220/150 Female 5'5
BF:Getting better
Progress: 28%
Default my favorite chops

In a ziploc bag put about a cup of parmasan cheese and 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. Wet chops,or chicken, shake a few at a time. Bake on a cookie sheet until brown, crispy, and done. WOW !!! YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMYYYY !!!!!
FYI, use Release foil or spray pan with pam. If not, plan on throwing out the pan...LOL
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 08:30
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I used to love pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, that could be carby for some though.

What I enjoy now is making pork fried rice with them. I'll cook it by pan frying, then cut the meat away from the bone into small chunks. Grate up some raw cauliflower and fry the cauliflower ina little oil until mostly coooked. Then I'll add the pork, some veggies, soy sauce, and so on to make a one dish dinner.