Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-18-06, 19:39

Plan: Atkins/Cad
Stats: 241/217.8/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Fiber questions

Ok I think I almost cheated and I didn't even know it. My DH was just asking why I had two bottles of sunflower seeds in the pantry...I innocently told him them were for my salad (wich thank god I kept forgetting that I bought them so I hadn't opened them yet)..and he said they have 29 grams of fat or something like that and I go yeah but how many carbs and he said 5....I almost died...I could have swore I checked the label...so I looked again and it does say 5 carbs but 4 of them are fiber..so does that mean its one carb?

I can't remember if CAD is like that or not....I won't be eating them either way as then I read the ingrediants and they have added sugar to them...so nope won't be eating them...but for I would still like to know the answer to the fiber question for the future.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-18-06, 23:49
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

yes, you would subtract the fiber from the carbs for most food items, the exception would be foods that are particularly labled as being a low carb food...I just plugged it into fitday...for 1 cup it says 20g carbs 9 of that being fiber, so would be about 11 g carb count. I dont know about the CAD...I follow Atkins.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 06:09

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

No, you don't subtract fiber on CAD/CALP. You don't count carbs, you just eat from the CM list at CMs and balance protein, LC veggies and carbs at your RM. Sunflower Seeds are not on the CM list, so you need to save them for your RM salad.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 06:16

Plan: CALP
Stats: 16/14/10 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 33%

That's true, mom-
we don't have nuts or seeds during the CM meals- I ALWAYS put sunflower seeds on my RM salad for the fiber- it's changed everything.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 06:34

BF:

ahhh ok .....thanks everyone for their responses. So maybe I will eat the seeds anyways if I can't find someone who wants them...I hate to just throw them away but next time will look for ones without sugar.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 14:36
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Are you worth more than the seeds? Is being on this plan and giving it a chance to work worth more than the seeds? The sugar content is not relevant: you can only eat sunflower seeds with your RM. This is a plan based on limiting your insulin release. If you want to experiment and see if you lose weight and feel good and have no cravings while you eat the sunflower seeds outside of RM go for it. If you want to eat them as part of your carb during your RM you will give yourself a better shot at success. I love pine nuts- and have them on my RM salad most nights.
Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 15:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Are you worth more than the seeds? Is being on this plan and giving it a chance to work worth more than the seeds? The sugar content is not relevant: you can only eat sunflower seeds with your RM. This is a plan based on limiting your insulin release. If you want to experiment and see if you lose weight and feel good and have no cravings while you eat the sunflower seeds outside of RM go for it. If you want to eat them as part of your carb during your RM you will give yourself a better shot at success. I love pine nuts- and have them on my RM salad most nights.
Good luck!

LoL well thats what I meant I would eat them in my RM salad. Sorry I didn't say that... i thought it was understood.