Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-15, 13:00

Plan: M-F vlc, looser LC wkends
Stats: 353.6/260.8/165 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Thermogenics

My inquiry is general, to anyone who has experience of thermogenics. I have been reading on some other forums about ECA stacks and various similar combinations of various different thermogenics.

Some people swear by them, other people say that even combined with a perfect food and exercise program, increased metabolic effect might only be something to the tune of an additional 100-150 kcal per day.

I would like to hear from anybody who has used any combination of stacks, what they were, how long for, and how you perceived them to affect you/ and your results.

I know there is at least one other HUGE thread in the archive on this subject, but all over the net seems to be mostly comments like "do it", "don't do it", or "I'm gonna do it". No one seems to really come back to report something a bit more concrete, having done a cycle or so.

Also, on other forums there are many comments from body builder types, or already very lean men.

So it would be particularly great to also hear of some women's experiences if anyone is reading, and especially from anyone who is not aiming to be a professional athlete or fitness competitor, like me!

Thanks in advance again! I feel like this subject and these supplements are not exactly in vogue at the moment, but I am hoping some people will see my post here and be willing to respond to me with their experiences!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-15, 13:43

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well I used ephedrine for quite a while but haven't for several years. I used GNC's legendary Ripped Fuel, but only one dose a day and only workout days. Yes, it works. However, even if Ripped Fuel were still available, I would be very cautious as I am much older and I'm not sure it is very safe for your cardiac system over the long term. There was once or twice where it hit me "wrong" and I felt pretty bad.
*ephedrine is still available if you really want it. I'm somewhat leery though of off-brands.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-15, 13:56

BF:

Hi Ilikemice! Thanks so much for responding! So for you, when you took the supplement that you took, did you feel like it was for energy only, hence taking it on your workout days?

And therefore when you say "Yes, it works", do you mean that you had results because it helped your workouts? And that the effective workouts were actually what gave you results? Or do you feel like the supplements had an effect independent of the workouts as well? Again, thank you for answering!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 09:33

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Oops, sorry, I forgot about this whole forum for a bit due to work stuff! Well, yes the ephedrine stimulates a part of your nervous system, I forget exactly which part, and increases your heart rate. I would get that "raring to go" feeling x10. Workout performance increased, but am not sure if that was some sort of physiological effect other than higher energy. Use of it did lead to getting pretty "ripped" (weight loss) although for me it took some time. I'm leery stating that b/c I almost got disinvited from another forum for saying so.

All in all, I must advise that its illegal now, and I'd have to discourage it - haven't had any ill effects show up yet, but ya never know!

Last edited by Ilikemice : Sun, Mar-01-15 at 10:06.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 09:41

BF:

Thank you! It was so nice of you to answer and to come back and tell me about your experience!