Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 16:38

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Lanny, it sounds like Bigshot answered your question.

If you have other specific questions, you might want to start a new thread so that we all know it's out there. I know I've been extremely busy lately, and don't always have time to back through posts I've already responded to.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 05:37

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hey thanks Bigshot your great...i still didnt have time to sit down and try to do it myself...been so busy at school preparing all and doing registration for the adults...i cant even do my own things...tonight is my last night working late so i will have time to continue reading the book as i get back on track...i bring it to bed and i crash..lol...so dont ask me to calculate anything right now..lolll...so again you guys are great...thank you so much...and i did feel great at 140 5yrs ago...
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 08:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

Well since I last posted here on July 4th, I've lost 15 lbs and my HDL (good cholesterol) has gone up. My LDL (bad cholesterol) has gone down. My ratio is better than it was 10 yrs ago. By all means praise LC.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 22:15

A big change is about to take place. I will not eat before going to bed as I've been doing for the major part of my life. I will allow at least 10 to 12 hrs between my last meal of the day and breakfast the next morning. The other big change now taking place is doing my exercise before having breakfast. I just read that these simple changes usually bring about 30% more fat being being burnt. I am out to test that.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 03:34

What I've read is located in the General Exercise section of this forum and it is titled: AM Cardio on an Empty Stomach.

Two days ago, I refrained from eating past 7 pm until the next morning and I must admit that it wasn't easy. First thing, after getting dressed, instead of having breakfast I proceeded with stretch exercise and a mild half hour walking. Following that, I did a little dumbell curl exercise for about 20 min.

After two days of doing that, I weighed in this morning at 195 pounds. This is really working for me. No bread, no sugar, no booze, plenty of water, exercise before break fast and down with the scale we go. Have fun trying it.
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 10:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Quote:
My ratio is better than it was 10 yrs ago.

Way to go!! That's great news.

Quote:
I will not eat before going to bed as I've been doing for the major part of my life.

This worked for me. It's not just because of metabolism, but because (at least in my case) that late night eating tends to be out of boredom, and tends to be not-too-healthy.

Good luck.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 21:03

Kristine-Thanks very kindly, you are always a great source of inspiration and your knowledge is being felt profoundly.