Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 01:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217.8/190.9/154 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 42%
Question Does making the reward meal low fat make you lose weight faster?

I understand that the reward meal is just that... eat what you want...but if one eats a healthy balanced meal low in fat, does it help with quicker weight lose?

This may seem like a stupid question but I am use to Atkins, with the more fat the better...as long as its low carb.

Or do u really eat whatever you like? Surely what is eaten at this reward meal must have some extremely different results...weight wise?

Just trying to get my head around it all!

Cheers Cheley.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:26
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

CAD is a WOE that is very much tailored to the individuals own unique body chemistry. That being so, and CAD being lower fat than Atkins, some individuals do better on a lower fat version just as some do better away from simple carbs and some do better with higher protein. CAD works because the chemistry works on an individual basis.