Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 22:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/195/170 Male 5 10
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default National magazine tells Tiffin woman's story

http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/n...zoeller0606.asp

National magazine tells Tiffin woman's story

By MaryAnn Kromer, mkromer~advertiser-tribune.com

The June 18 issue of Woman's World, on the news stands now, features an article about Tiffin resident Holly Zoeller.
Over the past year or so, Zoeller, an interior decorator at Ewald's Furniture in Tiffin, has lost more than 30 pounds following the Atkins Diet. Although that amount is not overly dramatic, the editors at Woman's World felt that Zoeller's story was worth telling. They chose her account over about 8,000 others that flooded their mail room.

"It really has made a huge difference in my life," Zoeller said of her weight loss.

Perhaps the staff at Woman's World were pleased with the role of their own publication in Zoeller's story. The Tiffin woman said she usually buys the weekly magazine at IGA.

"I love it because there's not a lot of advertising in it. Their stories are pretty real," Zoeller said. "They always have stories about miracles, things that have happened to people and success stories about losing weight. I felt that I fit in that category."

Holly and Dan had experienced positive results from using the Atkins diet. When one WW story invited readers to "write and tell us" their success stories, Holly sent hers along with before and after photographs.

Three weeks later, Woman's World contacted Zoeller. One of their writers conducted a 45-minute phone interview in which she posed many questions to be sure that Holly had actually followed the diet guidelines and had dropped the weight within the appropriate time frame.

"A freelance photographer came to my house and took over 80 pictures of me," Zoeller said. "Before I did not like to have pictures taken. Now I'm like, 'Bring it on.' I'm happy with my life."

Slimming down also has given Zoeller more energy and improved her physical health. Unlike previous years, she's only been sick once since she started the diet. Cravings for unhealthy foods have subsided, and an occasional treat does not send Zoeller into regression. She has been able to adapt the plan to her lifestyle. She believes others can do the same, no matter which plan they choose.

"I have a daughter who just graduated last week. When she was younger and I was overweight, I always felt awful. I didn't feel comfortable or active. I didn't feel like I wanted to get involved in everything she did. I tired out too easily."

An added bonus from telling her story came in the form of a check for $250. With a wedding to attend, Zoeller used the money to purchase a new dress for the occasion.
Sponsored Links