Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-17, 05:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 30 December 2017

G' Saturday Mornin', Warriors!!

Hope this finds you & yours doing well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Time will pass anyway, you can either spend it creating the life you WANT or spend it living the life you DON’T want. The CHOICE is yours.
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I didn't get a chance to come in here to post yesterday b/c my internet was acting wonky slow! But it seems to be all BETTER today!

OMG, our weather is crazy! We are in the mid-60s! Totally too warm for this time of the year. I hope that doesn't mean we'll be getting colder weather in January and February! We really need it though... Such a conundrum for sure!

Any New Year's Eve plans? For me it will be SOSAD (same ole song and dance).

Got an invite (no RSVP required) to drop in at the principal's house for NYE between 1 pm to 1 am. More of an open-house deal b/c he just bought a house that he closed on a month ago... Don't even have to bring anything.

One of my besties is still deciding if she wants to go; I'll go if she goes!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Missed posting yesterday crazy 😝 day! Had all three kiddos and DSS had to go to hospital for treatment! Plus it snowed! DD didn’t get off till 7:30 fell into bed at 8 up again at 10:30 for work!
You really were crazy busy! Holy Hannah!

How many more treatments for your DSS?

And you only got 2.5 hours sleep? That's not good...
Quote:
Today I am tired but no grandkiddies it is the youngest 2nd bday so parents off. They going out to eat I am going to sleep!
WOW It's hard to believe that Makayla is ALREADY 2! Where did the time go???

Nice that you didn't have grands yesterday! I hope you got a chance to sleep-in and then chil-lax and take care of YOU!
Quote:
Jo.... that is a beautiful bandanna too! So talented!
Thanks! It was fun to make!
Quote:
I will have to check out Wally tomorrow to see if I can get that turkey breast!
Great price!
Lemme know if you got any! It really is tasty!
Quote:
How is everyone doing today?
Imma doing great! Hope you are the same!
Quote:
Jo.... heading to Wally World today looking for the turkey. Also quick peek on Xmas sales.
Hope they have the turkey on sale there and the Xmas sales were way better than ours here!
Quote:
Short walks with doggies today -20 wind chills!
Yikes, it's brrrrrrrrrr cold there!
Quote:
The family sent pics of DGD at restaurants.
Awww that's so nice! Gotta love our technology!
Quote:
Today we will do small party 🎈 with her!
I know you'll enjoy your time with your fam!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Such a busy, busy day. I went to my son’s house and was there most of the day keeping my DDIL company while they had a new HVAC unit installed. Then I came home and did yard work. Finally sitting down for a bit.
Wow you did have a busy day! How's the new baby doing??
Quote:
Jo ..you are certainly multi-talented. The bandana top is beautiful and unique!
Thanks! I'll share the pattern with my girls at school, they may wanna make it after they finish their quilts! But use regular fabric instead of bandannas...less work b/c of having to piece the bandannas together!
Quote:
Have a great week-end Warriors.
Thanks and you too, girlie!
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 07:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 31 December 2017

It's perty quiet in here... so I'll make some NOISE!

G' Day Mornin', Warriors!!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"Do IT for the ones who want to see you FAIL."
~ unknown

Wow last day of the week and of 2017!

Not too much happening here, slowly working on my w/e to-do list.

I think I'll clean out my clothes closet today and start the New Year with less STUFF. Have items in there I NEVER wear. I'll take 'em to my favorite charity thrift store Tuesday; someone else may get some use out of them...

Speaking of clothes, I found a piece of fabric in my fabric stash to make another summer top. It's a denim blue colored eyelet fabric embroidered with white flowers. I cut out all the pieces yesterday evening, will sew it up today.

I was thinking about everything I've accomplished over Winter Break:

Finished 3 baby sweaters
Started on a baby afghan
Finished 1 summer top and will finish the next one today and more importantly:

Followed my S.E.A.L motto every.single.day:

Stay Committed 100%
Eat Properly & Exercise Daily
Accept the things I cannot Control & Change the things I can.
Live my life to be Successful at following this incredible life & soul changing LC WOE every day without Excuses & No CHEATS ever!

Topic Change:
I go back to work/school on Wednesday for our in-service day. The district didn't plan anything for teachers that teach what I teach. They are more focused with CORE classes (Math, ELA, SS and Science).

So I'll just go to my school and help out the secretary and counselor with any busy work they need done! In the afternoon, everyone will be back in the building and we'll do an in-service with whatever the District wants our principal to do... FUN TIMES! (Said with tongue in cheek!)

Topic Change #2:
My New Year's Resolution is the same as every year... Not to make a NY resolution!

All kidding aside, my Resolution is to continue on my life and soul changing journey by following S.E.A.L!

I found two lovely quotes for the coming New Year:

"Cheers to another new year and a chance for us to get it right!"
by Oprah Winfrey

"New Year ~ new chapter, new verse or just the same old story?
Ultimately we write it! The CHOICE is ours!"

by Alex Morritt

And finally from me:
Wishing all of you peace, love and joy in 2018!

I also want to thank all of you for being here on our thread, for your continued encouragement and support thru out the years we've been together. You all know the struggles involved with following our LC WOE and you keep me accountable every single day!!

You have no idea how much I appreciate each of you.

With much love and respect, Jo
  #363   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 15:21

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

Happy New Year Eve !

My grandkiddies just left! Had a sleepover last night with grandkiddies and grandpuppies!
Tonight they all have plans in the city! I will just watch some of my shows and fall asleep when tired!
Jo, I got the turkey breast only two left! Will have one for New Years Day! Save the other for my Bday!
Tomorrow going to work on things to do and a long walk with my Magnum suppose to be very cold so maybe not so long!
Jo, you have accomplished so much this winter break!
Jo, I luv your new year wish for all of us and feel the same way!
I feel such strength and support when I come here and read about our warriors and post!
We have all went through a lot this year and this thread and my fellow warriors are a source of strength and solace!
Have a Spectacular New Year Eve warriors and take care of yourself!
  #364   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 23:11

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful year.

My plans for this year are to continue my low carb eating plan and to exercise more. .......And of course to spend as much time as I can with family. ...also time for myself. Start reading more again. Enjoy retirement to the fullest!!!!!!!

Great accomplishments Jo and Bernie!

2018 here we come .....
  #365   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 05:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Monday, 1 January 2018: New Year, New Chapter!

Happy NEW YEAR, Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"FOOD can be either the most powerful form of MEDICINE or the slowest form of POISON!"
~ Ann Wigmore

Wow, it's already 2018! It's a New Year, a New Chapter in my continuing journey to better health!

Weekly Maintenance Update:

3 years, 10 months, 3 weeks and counting... | Wt = 114 lbs

Busy day yesterday because I added more things to my usual w/e to-do list! But everything is done now and I can just chil-lax and enjoy my last two days of Winter Break!

I cleaned out my clothes closet and filled 1 lawn-size trash bag with clothes I don't wear. Lots of 'em were "hand-me-overs" from a bestie who outgrow them...

And I finished sewing my second little summer top. It took approximately 2 hours to sew up! I made it out of denim colored eyelet fabric embroidered with white flowers. I can wear it to school with a little white sweater I have:

Summer Top #2

My life and soul changing journey continues...

Berni:
Quote:
My grandkiddies just left! Had a sleepover last night with grandkiddies and grandpuppies!
That sounds like loads of fun! Imma sure you're glad when the 'rents come to pick everyone up!
Quote:
Tonight they all have plans in the city! I will just watch some of my shows and fall asleep when tired!
Did you stay up and watch the "ball drop?"

I can't tell you the last time I saw it drop...Imma usually cranking out Zzzzzzzzz well before that!
Quote:
Jo, I got the turkey breast only two left! Will have one for New Years Day! Save the other for my Bday!
Imma glad you got some!

Imma saving one of mine for my B'day too!
Quote:
Tomorrow going to work on things to do and a long walk with my Magnum suppose to be very cold so maybe not so long!
Brrrrrrrrrrrr, it makes me cold just thinking about your weather!
Quote:
Jo, you have accomplished so much this winter break!
I don't like being a "slug," KWIM?

Granted I don't have anyone to be accountable to about what I do or don't do during my break(s). But it sure does give me a great sense of accomplishment that I just didn't sit around and veg!

And of course, I wouldn't do ANY of it if I didn't love sewing, knitting etc... that's my kinda fun and chil-laxation (cool word, right??) !
Quote:
Jo, I luv your new year wish for all of us and feel the same way!
I feel such strength and support when I come here and read about our warriors and post!
We have all went through a lot this year and this thread and my fellow warriors are a source of strength and solace!

De:
Quote:
My plans for this year are to continue my low carb eating plan and to exercise more. .......And of course to spend as much time as I can with family. ...also time for myself. Start reading more again. Enjoy retirement to the fullest!!!!!!!
Sounds like some awesome goals for 2018, De!

What do you like to read?? I love just about anything. I totally love my Kindle b/c it reads to me and I can accomplish stuff whilst listening!

Hey, when's your DH's last day working for "da man"?? I bet he's excited about that!
Quote:
Great accomplishments Jo and Bernie!
Thanks, girlie!

Truly the support, encouragement and inspiration I get from all of you is PRICELESS!
Quote:
2018 here we come .....
Imma READY! Bring it ON!

Karen:
I hope you guys are having a wonderful time at the beach! Can't wait to hear all the details!
  #366   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 04:19

BF:

Happy new year 🎊 warriors!

Some family crisis going on!
Will post later today when things are stabilized
  #367   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 2 January 2018

G' Tuesday Mornin', Warriors!!

Wishing all of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Your HEALTH is what you make of it. EVERYTHING you do & think either adds to the vitality, energy & spirit you possess or takes away from it.”
~ Ann Wigmore

Gonna keep it short today since there's not too much going on in my neck of the desert! Basically SOSAD! Tomorrow it's back to work/school...

Berni:
Quote:
Some family crisis going on!
Will post later today when things are stabilized
Wow sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out...
  #368   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 10:43

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

DS and DSGF broke up after 3 years! My son is devastated but she wants to live in Texas by her twin. My son wasn’t opposed but wanted to have a job first. I guess she going to find a teaching job or just work in customer service like her sister.
My DSS has pneumonia and has to get more test done today!

Luv the new year goals De and Jo!

Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #369   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 18:00

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors,

Oh my Bernie, you have a lot going on. So sorry about your son’s situation and your DSS being sick.

Everything here is well. The new baby is awesome and so darn cute!

We just booked a two week beach trip to celebrate upcoming retirement. Karen, I hope you are having a blast.

Jo, glad everything is going well your way.

Take care my friends!
  #370   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 04:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, ahh so sad about the break up!! Crap happens tho doesn't it? ugh....and hope DSS gets good meds and can get over that fast! You got some stuff happening around you! Hope you had a good relaxing holiday tho and rested up a bit, you take care of yourself also Bernie!!!

DE, so nice a trip is coming up for you. Thinking retirement plans and more! COOL. Thanks, we had a blast but way too stinking cold for this old gal

JO hope everything is going fine and ya rang in the new year and are ready to go full tilt into the new one

Hey guys
trip was good but WAY too cold. the wind! the cold sharp beach wind was horrible.

and get this, my indoor pool was broken! reason I booked this place...ugh. It was open the day we got in, kiddo and I checked it out, water was warm and toasty but we were tired from the drive so we said, tomorrow we will swim! Got there the next day and closed. Leak. That was fixed but they could not get the chemicals balanced to open up....stayed closed the whole time. What a super disappointment. Boring trip kinda with few very fun times thrown in. Fireworks on the boardwalk were fab etc.

WILL NEVER do a cold beach trip again, that is a fact Jack HAHA

Had to fight some tough cravings. Surrounded by SO MUCH food when eating out and family ordered it all...ugh....but I go thru it fine. I put on my big girl panties ya know HA

but when we got home in the morning I had scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon and family made big old fluffy delish biscuits in the oven....omg the smell of those and sight of them when they came out....I swear I could taste them!! I had to fight hard not to have one.....every excuse came into play.....'just one', 'moderate', 'just a taste of one', '1/2 of one only', 'I will be fine' and more..........didn't do it tho....held my ground but it irked me I had to fight hard on this one, I truly wanted those biscuits, and I know me, I never would have taken a bite only, 1/2 only, 1 only, I would have been in it for at least 2-3 biscuits and who knows from there what I would have eaten!! I could see the progression in my mind on just how it would have went down!! I ain't kidding myself anymore at all. It would have been a carb binge of epic proportion so I was sure to make my choice a smart one, I had none! whew, got thru it.

well, some days ya gotta fight but most days are super easy for me now, I just go with the flow and roll with the punches as they come.

Happy New Year everyone!
Have a great day!
  #371   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 04:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Wednesday, 3 January 2018

G' HUMP Day Mornin', Warriors!!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Eating MORE FAT does not make you burn MORE FAT.
LOWERING CARBS causes fat burning, not the eating of excessive fat!”.

~ unknown

Already HUMP Day! Woot! Woot!

Really makes for a short work-week since today is my first day back to school!

Have to do the "dreaded" in-service day thingy today and I get my kiddos tomorrow!

I really can't complain about this in-service day. "They" didn't assign me any meetings/trainings to go to, so I'll just go to school. Principal wants me to help out in the office (which was my intent anyways) this AM and then everyone will back in our building after lunch and we'll do a meeting/training until 3 pm...

I'll bring the baby afghan I've been knitting and work on that whilst we meet!

I can multi-task with the best of 'em!

Berni:
Quote:
DS and DSGF broke up after 3 years! My son is devastated but she wants to live in Texas by her twin. My son wasn’t opposed but wanted to have a job first. I guess she going to find a teaching job or just work in customer service like her sister.
Awww man! Imma so sorry to hear that! I got the sense that you really liked his GF!

Maybe there's hope for a reconciliation?
Quote:
My DSS has pneumonia and has to get more test done today!
Your poor DSS!! He just can't cut a break!
Quote:
Luv the new year goals De and Jo!
Yours are probably exactly the SAME as ours in the WOE department!
We're all gonna STAY Warrior Strong in 2018! Woot! Woot!

De:
Let me be the FIRST to say:

HUGE HUGE Congrats on your 2nd MAINTENANCE Atkins-versary!

You have accomplished what most people only dream about! WTG!
Quote:
Everything here is well.
That's always good news!
Quote:
The new baby is awesome and so darn cute!
Of course he is, look at his grandma!
Quote:
We just booked a two week beach trip to celebrate upcoming retirement.
NICE! Where & when??

Imma totally jealous of you! I the beach!
Quote:
Jo, glad everything is going well your way.
I totally believe that "attitude is everything" and that I control how I respond to the negativity in my life and those energy vampires we all know!

So yep, pretty much everything goes well at least the things I can control...KWIM?
Quote:
Take care my friends!
You too, girlie! And congrats again for accomplishing 2 years of maintenance!

Karen:
Are you back yet?
  #372   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 05:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Awwww there you are, Karen! I was composing my post when you POSTED!

Glad to have you back, safe and sound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO hope everything is going fine and ya rang in the new year and are ready to go full tilt into the new one
You betcha!

Sorry to hear that your beach trip was such a disappointment! Hey at least you tried it and know better for next year!

Gosh, what a bummer the indoor pool was out-of-order! B/c I know you were looking forward to that!

Imma glad that the fireworks on the boardwalk were FAB!

Imma also sorry to hear that you were tempted by all the off-plan foods around you.

BUT and this is a BIG BUT (not as big a butt as I had when I was FAT JO ) YOU didn't eat anything off-plan. So you ROCKED it! WTG, Karen! You STAYED Warrior Strong!

Yeah, the temptations can be awful...

I always tell myself, "look how far you've come? Is it really worth messing that UP?" And I always answer, "Oh, HELL NO!!"

So did you make any New Years Resolutions?
  #373   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 06:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

for me only resolution is to stay the hell out of any trouble or drama HA HA

I don't do resolutions, did when younger and never kept a darn one of them lol

How about you? Did you make any?
  #374   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 13:57

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

DSS is still fighting pneumonia and the heart infection! 3 days a week we at hospital! Praying 🙏 he will recover soon
Karen.... Welcome Back sorry to hear about cold beach and no pool! Yepper that would have been disappointing for me also!
De.... congratulation on 2 years of reaching goal! So awesome a beach trip to kick off retirement!
Jo.... Yepper I really liked the girlfriend! Don’t see reconciliation since she wants to party and head to Texas. My son enjoys sports bars and concerts but he a finance guy doesn’t like wasting the money! Also he serious about his career and feels she doesn’t support his career! Oh well time will tell. Next week DSIL starts new job doing Midwest territory will be on road I think Monday to Thursday morning ! Looks like I will get Friday off instead of Monday! That cool!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #375   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 05:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 4 January 2018

G' Friday Eve Mornin', Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Remember that staying ON PLAN will reduce your problems better than GIVING IN ever will!”
~ unknown

Was good to get back to work yesterday! Imma excited about today and having the kiddos back!

Found out yesterday that we're doing our Math/Reading Goals celebration on Monday! Gosh, I hate wasting valuable time... ain't got time for this kinda stuff, IMHO.

I wanna teach teach teach not babysit the kiddos! Pfffffffffft! Makes it for a very short teaching month and then of course, Monday after next is a holiday...

So little time, so MUCH I wanna teach my kiddos...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
for me only resolution is to stay the hell out of any trouble or drama HA HA
Those a good resolutions!
Quote:
I don't do resolutions, did when younger and never kept a darn one of them lol
I hear ya on that one!
Quote:
How about you? Did you make any?
Mine is to basically continue on my life and soul changing journey by following my S.E.A.L motto. No different then any other day, KWIM?

Berni:
Quote:
Hello dear warriors,
Hiya, girlie!
Quote:
DSS is still fighting pneumonia and the heart infection! 3 days a week we at hospital! Praying 🙏 he will recover soon
Poor dude! Like I've said before, he's so lucky he has you there to take him to the hospital, etc!
Quote:
Jo.... Yepper I really liked the girlfriend! Don’t see reconciliation since she wants to party and head to Texas. My son enjoys sports bars and concerts but he a finance guy doesn’t like wasting the money! Also he serious about his career and feels she doesn’t support his career! Oh well time will tell.
I know it's heartbreaking for your son...

Better they figured these differences out NOW instead of investing more time into their relationship, KWIM? Sounds like he's really in a different place maturity & responsibility-wise (mayhaps?) then she is...
Quote:
Next week DSIL starts new job doing Midwest territory will be on road I think Monday to Thursday morning ! Looks like I will get Friday off instead of Monday! That cool!
That is nice! Hope his new job = more $$$$$! That's always a good thing for reals!
Quote:
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
My Hump Day was terrific, hope yours was as well!

De:
Hope you and your fam are doing well! Imma sure "Mr. De" is counting down the days until he retires!

Is your DDIL going back to work? How many weeks off does she get to spend with the baby before she has to head back?