Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-08, 09:57

Plan: Healthy Low Carb
Stats: 190/143.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 71%
Default Callanetics Anyone?

I've just started using Callanetics at home - 10 in 10 on one day, Evolution on the next, and a cardio (probably WATP) on the third.

Anyone doing Callanetics? I'm already feeling muscles I forgot I have!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 14:59

Plan: dirty carnivore..yeah
Stats: 203/170/160 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Just getting back into Callanetics. Found my book the other day. Phew....hard work, but i know it'll be worth it. It really works.
I'm active, but not a great exerciser, so I have to really discipline myself to do it. I add some yoga in at the end.

#3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-08, 18:36

Plan: Healthy Low Carb
Stats: 190/143.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 71%

It is hard getting back into it. I know my body responded much quicker 15 - 20 years ago! It is so relaxing and energizing at the same time, though, and even if I don't see a difference, I feel it!

What type of yoga are you doing?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 19:20

Plan: no bread,pasta,potatoes
Stats: 160/158/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Callanetics, Fluidity, Bar Method, Lotte Berk

Hi there,
I have just discovered this site and at some point I will get to the low carb eating topics, as I have already thought I ate low carb, no bread (exc & poept Spelt, pasta, white rice & potatoes). However, I will go on a chip binge.
Anyway, I have done ALL of the exercise programs mentioned in the title/subject in the past. I often wonder why I leave something that works to latch onto something new, only to find my way back. I started out with Callanetics, and yes it was slow moving, unless you are doing the Super Callanetics, but I felt the results. It kicked my butt in a good way. My best body was when I ran and did Callanetics! However, as I get older I realize running impacts your body AND your face! So I have recently committed myself to walking at a fast pace, on an incline on my treadmill when I need cardio. I have recently pulled out my Fluidity bar and did the advanced DVD and was sore that day! I also pulled out the Bar Method DVD's (Designer Sculpting) the following day. I will do Muscle Eats Fat tomorrow. She trained in the Lotte Berk method I believe. But all of these workouts can be done with the Fluidity Bar. Which is really cool. However, I am not sure if I need to take a day off in between? I don't feel right not working out MOST days. I will take a day off and take a long walk...even on the treadmill ;-) I would love to find out what you guys are doing with these workouts because they are all so similar. I have not done Lotte Berk in a year or more and will try out the Hip Hugger Abs for starters. The nice thing is that you can take every workout on the road IF you have to, but the bar is really nice! Please tell me what you guys are doing and what works for you so I can learn all over again. Thanks.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 21:37

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Is it possible to get Callanetics videos? I did it in high school and thought it was the best plan ever.

Janine
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-08, 14:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

What kind of equipment is required to do this?
I watched a video clip and it appeared they were using a bar to put their leg up on. I don't know what I could use that would be similar height, etc. and also wondered how many other 'props' would be needed if I decide to try this.
Thanks to anyone who has the answers.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-08, 15:15

Plan: conivore
Stats: 183/155/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Is it possible to get Callanetics videos? I did it in high school and thought it was the best plan ever.

Janine

Yes, I have one that I used to do about 6 years ago. I guess I need to dust it off and use it again.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-08, 19:19

Plan: As low as possible
Stats: 116/116/112 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

You don't need a barre. You can use the back of a chair. There are barres out there you can purchase if you want.

This is the one I have

www.cardiobarre.com

I used it when I did Callanetics and other barre work. I mostly do just T-Tapp now.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 20:06

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 194/192.5/184 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default How's it going?

I've been doing callanetics since August. My goal weight is about 60 pounds less than where I am right now. I weight train so my skin will "come back". I just wanted to cheer you on. My legs have never looked better! I've always had heavy thighs, but Callanetics is really trimming them down.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 22:12

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm waiting for a copy of the video!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 14:06

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%

You guys have no idea how excited I was to see this post here. It's one of the reasons I chose to start posting here.

I've been doing Callanetics for about a month, and I'm in love with the stuff. I've only got 10/10 right now, although I'm expecting Cardio in the mail soon. It's the only exercise I've ever done where I haven't found myself wondering, "Is this over yet?"

Also, I'm already seeing the inches melt away. In the past 6 weeks, I've been averaging half a pound a week, BUT I've dropped a size in jeans and measuring -8.25 inches overall. Pretty effective stuff.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 14:37

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 292.5/192.5/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:ho/ho/ho
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevaboo
You guys have no idea how excited I was to see this post here. It's one of the reasons I chose to start posting here.

I've been doing Callanetics for about a month, and I'm in love with the stuff. I've only got 10/10 right now, although I'm expecting Cardio in the mail soon. It's the only exercise I've ever done where I haven't found myself wondering, "Is this over yet?"

Also, I'm already seeing the inches melt away. In the past 6 weeks, I've been averaging half a pound a week, BUT I've dropped a size in jeans and measuring -8.25 inches overall. Pretty effective stuff.

I posted on Callanetics in the General Low Carb forum but havent seen any responses so I thought I'd drop by here and say WTF? REALLY? 8.25 inches?
Where? And how many times a week were you doing it?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 14:49

8.25 over my whole body. It breaks down like this:

Bust: No Change ( )
Bra Strap Area: -2 inches
Waist: -1 inch
Hips: -1 inch
Thighs: -1.75
Calves: -.75 each

I just realized I was adding something or other wrong, so it's actually 9 inches. Cool!

I do it about 5 times a week, but rumor has it that I can slack a little once I'm in better shape.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 09:32

Plan: no bread,pasta,potatoes
Stats: 160/158/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

I find I can't do multiple exercises. I can either do Callanetics, or weights, but not both. It's a mental thing ;-) So now I am back to doing Callanetics. I did the new one yesterday and am feeling it today in a good way. I will do it again today because I like the way it makes me feel while I am doing it (the stretching is great) and afterwards.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 13:19

Does anyone else get so relaxed from doing it they can't stay awake for the rest of the day? Seriously, I've stopped doing it anytime before 9:00 pm, because it puts me in the perfect zone for sleep!