Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 13:51
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Has anybody tried Lipovarin? I was just curious. I was looking at information on the internet about it and was thinking about trying it.
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 13:55

Plan: modified
Stats: 166/164/145 Female 5'9"
BF:flabby/to/firm
Progress: 10%

I think I saw a commercial for that stuff. They claim that you'll lose weight w/out doing anything differently huh? If it works then I'll be excited It's kinda hard though to believe things like that because it almost sounds like the miracle pill everyone's been looking for!!

then again I might be thinking about the wrong pill....
  #603   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 14:11

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 125/117/100 Female 167
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default hum....I wanna to try it

my friend said Hot Rox works...
any comments???
  #604   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 08:56

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

I have never tried Hot Rox. I just stick with good ol' ephedrine hcl and caffeine.
  #605   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Wow, I just started this thread today, and started reading at he beginning-4 years ago! Holy COW, what a wealth of information! I know ECA has been in the news a lot the last few years, I think even resulting in some legislation after some abuses caused a few deaths..who was that baseball player...

Knowing what you know now, would you still recommend ECA stacks? I have a very sensitive metabolism; even though Im quite strict in my LC regimen, and stall quite easily-my work commute doesnt afford me much more than maybe 30 mins of walking a day, and I need something to keep my metabolism more cranked up!

Something legal, that is.
  #606   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 08:54

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

I've been using E/C/A combinations (25mg/200mg/325mg respectively) since early 1990. I don't use it as much today as in the past, but I still keep it on hand for occasional short cycles.

While I believe it to by the best OTC fat burning supplement on the market, it is still not a substitution to a proper calorie/exercise balance.

Last edited by kbfunTH : Wed, Jul-27-05 at 09:00.
  #607   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/169/165 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

I find when taking an E/C stack, I get much more moody / have mood swings that normally I don't have.

Has anyone else experienced this? I supposed it could be attributed to something else, so I just wanted to ask if this was a common side-effect.
  #608   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 12:00

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

No, it makes me a bit more moody too. I get aggitated alot faster when I take E/C, and have alot less patience.
  #609   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 19:47

Plan: montague (like Adkins)
Stats: 150/130/118 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Sad About Ephedra

I tried to cut carbs after reading the excellent book "Dine Out Lose Weight"...(it really isn't about dining out which is quirky.) It is a more livable version of Adkins....Long before Sugar Busters, etc. My issue was a daily heightened craving for ice cream, sweets that I never had before I cut out normal american eating of rice, bread, pasta, and sugar-laced foods, so after several tries, I kept failing at moving to the new lower carb diet. Then I discovered Xenadrine (ephedra version) and my prayers were answered. Call it side effects, but I lost the cravings and I dropped weight in a hurry taking relatively small doses (in combo with low carb eating.) I went from about 145 to 118 and was the weight I dreamed of all of my adult years...the attention....being called too skinny by my envious friends. Then I dropped my dose to one approx. every other day, seemed to eat what I wanted and stayed at the same weight. I stayed that way for a few years on this low dose. Then everything became Ephedra free and I ran out of my last bottle, tried the Xenadrine ephedra free and it wasn't the same...didn't work at all...just had the same terrible smell :-D. I had a couple of side affects, one was/is random twitching and/or small muscle spasms. I haven't had ephedra in at least a year, and minor stress causes the annoying twitch to occur (prior to ephedra I never recall having any twitches.) Another may be hypoglycemia, but I think the others of you that have the sugar high dizziness, feeling like you are going to pass out if you drink a frozen sugar and ice drink from DQ...it may be because when you cut out sugar over time, the body just can't handle high doses in one sitting anymore. At least that's been my experience. I will say that when on Ephedra I didn't have any tolerance for high sugar candy in larger portions without wanting to fall asleep.

Here's the problem...I want something that works like Xenadrine Ephedra and to tell you the truth, I'll put up with minor twitching to stay 118 pounds at 35 years old. In the past year or so since I lost my occasional ephedra dose, I have crept up to 135 pounds and I hate it. I still eat relatively the same as when I was 118 pounds, so it is the ephedra difference. Please someone help tell me which product is going to work like the old Xenadrine Ephedra brand. I am sad that they pulled it from the shelves, and if anyone knows of a legal way to get it (or a similar effect) based on law changes and new available products, please tell me.
  #610   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 09:28

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I just bought 96 tabs of 25 grams ephedra...now what do I take with the ephedra, and how often. I would appreciate any help. Thanks and also where is a good spot to find caffeine pills?
  #611   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 09:31

BF:

Also I bought Vasopro Ephedrine Tabs at 25 mg. Are these good?
  #612   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

kutaylor: I get my caffeine at bodybuilding.com or at 1fast400.com - which ever one's cheaper.

I took 125mg vasopro with 1 200mg caffeine.. generally twice a day, sometimes three. But I'm a lot bigger (5 10" was 150lbs) and had a high tolerance for stims. I'd start off with a half dose, if you're used to caffeine take a whole pill, if not just have a cup of coffee or something with 1/2 a vasopro before you exercise, or if you don't work out than take it in the morning and go from there.
The generally recommended dose is 25-30g eph. per 200mg caffeine, MAX three times a day. Sometimes aspirin is thrown in there but I never did it and don't think aspirin should be taken recreationally anyway.

I think the difference between ephedra and ephedrine hcl (vasopro) is that one of them is standardized, ie: probably safer. Try both out and see what you like better.. the effects they have on your body. Vasopro is good.

Allbiz: You didn't mention whether you exercised or not... I'm not saying the ephedra doesn't work, I love it.. but at 35 (not old, but you do start changing) if you're not resistance training you're definitely losing muscle mass on a yearly basis (muscle=metabolism) and will be able to eat less and less trying to maintain the same weight, it may become impossible to maintain weight without it as you get older. I'd recommend the stuff I was talking about in the above paragraph.. get some vasopro and stack it with a caffeine tablet
  #613   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 10:15

BF:

I exercise very regulary 6x week, I have recently been going thru A LOT of stress and was looking for something to help curb cravings and get me a little more motivated. I am having a really hard time getting under 140 and I'd like to sit around 130-135. I am running a half marathon on Sept. 24 and thought that my body should be dropping weight more steadily. Thanks for the quick reply!!
  #614   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-05, 22:56
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Fahrenheit

Anyone tried Fahrenheit?
The metabolism breakthrough for woman.
I bought a bottle today and only took one at work...I swear I was feeling warm and in spots not normal.
It was a bit expensive and I have taken lot's of others
  #615   ^
Old Sun, Nov-13-05, 04:53
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

nope...only read about it. I've got a year+ of breastfeeding before I can start playing with supps again Keep us updated, I'd love to know what your experience is and what you think of it.