Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 21:44
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ephedrine is legal as a decongestant. You can buy it online, some bodybuilding supply stores sell it too.

I take wakeups. 1 wakeup is 100 mg caffeine.

N/P on being taken as a man. I actually take it as a compliment - I like it that they see my information first, not my gender.

Still funny when it happens though!
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 23:57

Plan: modified
Stats: 166/164/145 Female 5'9"
BF:flabby/to/firm
Progress: 10%

I know you guys have already discussed Ripped Fuel, but what about Ripped Fuel extreme? Does it work just as well or better?

I bought a bottle tonight at Wal mart and I don't plan on taking it till i get some feed back. If it sucks I'll just take it back!

HELP
  #558   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 00:18

Plan: NHE/UD2/General LC
Stats: 175/175/175 Male 6'
BF:10/6/?
Progress:

Check the label... it is most likely ephedra free. It still has about 200 mg of caffine and some other stuff. It will give you energy (like coffee) so I wouldn't say it's useless. Probably good preworkout, but not as powerful as E/C stack.
  #559   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 00:38

thanks. Like five minutes ago I was reading the label, and in really teeny writing printed on the bottle, not the plastic label, it says "ephedra free."

heh, i guess they don't like to advertise it as much as the others.

I also so Hydroxy cut for low carbers. What do you think about that?
  #560   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 08:08

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I took Hydroxycut and although it didnt seriously pep me up, it did kill the appetite a bit.
  #561   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 11:30

so then which one is the best to take that contains ephedra?

Is ephedra the same as ephedrine? hmmm.

I want to pick up something good today that will help me in my weight loss. How about Xenadrine or Stacker?

Anyone?
  #562   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 12:58
Registered Member

BF:

Ephedra is an herb. Ephedrine HCL is the drug that's IN ephedra.

I don't trust herbals. I only trust what I make for myself, so I can't recommend an herbal preparation. IMHO, stick to homemade stack - more effective, and a LOT safer because you know EXACTLY what dose you're taking.

And it's really no substitute for proper diet and training. I'm down over 30 pounds from when I started, having probably put on about 12-15 pounds of muscle in that time.

I have probably dropped about 45 pounds of fat over the last 3 years. Stack MIGHT be responsible for 10 pounds of it.
  #563   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 01:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/134/120 Female 5'5
BF:too much
Progress: 53%

has anyone here ever used hot-rox or redbands? Did they like them? Caffiene pills have no effect on me whatsoever neither does coffee. Bummer....
  #564   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins - strict
Stats: 189/182/154 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 20%

i have read that these things aren't good from cycling forums. apparently you get the shakes and men can sometimes ......umm ......dimish while on it if you know what i'm saying. the only one that does work is the asprin, ephedrine, caffine stack but now many don't contain the ephedrine as i think it's illegal in the US. how they work apparently is that the ephedrine - which is properly a bronchial assisatant - and the caffine speed up body functions and the asprin helps the dose to be absorbed and delivered better.
  #565   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins - strict
Stats: 189/182/154 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 20%

further to what i said ephedra and ephedrine are essentially the same thing as is a chinese herb called ma huang. i think ephedrine is the drug company style name. i believe these stacks are popular with bodybuilders during the "cutting" stage where the seek to lose as much body fat as possible. i personally wouldn't touch them.
  #566   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 21:50
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisa
i have read that these things aren't good from cycling forums.

We read a lot of things all over the place.

I've read that Atkins makes your brain die.

Quote:
apparently you get the shakes and men can sometimes ......umm ......dimish while on it if you know what i'm saying. the only one that does work is the asprin, ephedrine, caffine stack but now many don't contain the ephedrine as i think it's illegal in the US. how they work apparently is that the ephedrine - which is properly a bronchial assisatant - and the caffine speed up body functions and the asprin helps the dose to be absorbed and delivered better.

Ephedrine HCL is legal in the US as a decongestant.

Ephedra is an herb which contains Ephedrine in varying concentrations. Interestingly, Ephedrine is also in a plant called Mormon Tea - Mormon's are forbidden to drink coffee or tea, but I understand that they CAN drink tea made from this herb.

Quote:
further to what i said ephedra and ephedrine are essentially the same thing as is a chinese herb called ma huang. i think ephedrine is the drug company style name. i believe these stacks are popular with bodybuilders during the "cutting" stage where the seek to lose as much body fat as possible. i personally wouldn't touch them.

Ma Huang is indeed the Chinese name for the plant Ephedra.

I don't trust herbal sources of drugs - not enough standardization for my taste.

But I love my EC stack. I've taken it off and on for years, and had no problems whatsoever. It actually helps drop your cholesterol, in addition to being a thermogen.
  #567   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 06:29
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Built I noticed U said U take threee-8mg of Ephidrine and and 2 Wake ups. Do U just take this dose once a day?
  #568   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 12:41
Registered Member

BF:

Hi there sophotia

I don't personally like to take a full stack 3x a day - I prefer to take a smaller stack 4-5x a day. I find it more comfortable. My mini-stack is 2x8mg ephedrine and a 100mg wakeup, and sometimes a cup of tea.
  #569   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 07:42
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:

Okay well I went to http://www.drumlib.com/ and they seem to only sell the ephedrine in 30mg pills? I can't really locate any others without the guffieson(sp) in it online. Can these pills be cut into 4's?

Can these pills be bought in supplement store or I can only acquire them via the Internet?

Thanx for all your
  #570   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-04, 14:26

Plan: LC
Stats: 135/135/115 Female 5'0
BF:

After reading through this entire thread...I have ordered both of these below and I shall be receiving them next week
http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=50
http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=48

I have a couple of questions, I am 5'0 and 135 lbs. How much do you suggest I start with since I'm smaller than the average woman?

Also, can someone tell me what are the benefits you would say you get from the ephedrine/caffeine combo? For what I have gathered, energy and fat burning, is that correct?

TIA...