Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 04:37

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I have never ate them uncooked , I think they are delicious when I fried in olive oil , or if I make my pizzas. I have slowed down some. I was eating them all the time the past few weeks, but I think finally the novelty wore off.

The other day I made an omelet ,topped with cheese and fried ham inside a fried tortilla .omg , yummy
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 11:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5'8''
BF:30%/26.2%/23%
Progress: 78%

I love these, and they are much better than any of the LC breads that I have tried. They have to heated or cooked in some way though. Some people don't seem to mind, but I don't like the texture if they haven't been heated. They're a little mealy.
They have become my toast, my bun, my cracker, my snack.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:15

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Thumbs up couldn't live without them

These tortillas are one of the reasons I have been able to stick to low carb. I've only had the plain ones, and buy them on the web from the atkins site. I would love if a store here carried them, some Trader Joe's have them, the one in Seattle does, but mine doesn't.

I haven't tried frying them yet, as someone suggested. But they are great for a quick bite with melted cheese and cut up chilis or whatever on them. And fajitas of course. They do have a lot of fiber so they don't send me off on a binge like the regular tortillas do. I'm full after 2. I haven't noticed them stalling my weight loss, but of course everyone is different.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/295/230 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 38%

As long as Im walking regularly I still lose while eating 2 breakfast burritos almost every morning. I have recently switched to Mama Lupas brand myself - a little cheaper and more like regular tortillas.

Try them with a little tomato sauce, mozzorilla cheese and pepperoni topped with parm cheese. Oh WOW!!!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/120/110 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

I make quesadillas for my son and he just BEGS for them. I've never tried them but he's VERY picky, 11 years old.. you know how they are, and he loves them.

#96   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 18:53

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Does anyone know where I can get the low carb tortillas in vacouver? Is there a store which specializes in low carb products?
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 15:53

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Wow - I didn't even know they made those in wheat!!! I HATE soy products for the most part so I can't stand to eat the soy ones but I don't mind wheat at all - I ate whole wheat bread before LCing - here I am thinking I found something great with Mission LC wheat wraps that ahve a whopping 10g net carbs per wrap and these buggers were right under my nose the whole time! I am definitely ordering them!!!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 12:58
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

IMHO the Mission carb balance are quite good, I buy the wheat ones.

http://www.missionfoods.com/promo/cbalance/
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Jul-08-06, 08:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I've never tried LaTortilla but I love Mama Lupe's. I like them best heated. We love fahitas. Our local stores only carry Mission brand and they have a little more carbs.