Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What form of Oil of Oregano do you take?
Gel Capusules 62 54.87%
Liquid 49 43.36%
Other, please explain below 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 02:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%
Default Need Detailed Info from Oil of Oregano users

I am just beginning to take this, but found an interesting note on another thread about the difference between those taking the liquid and those taking the capsules.

Apparently liquid users, (which appears to be the minority), are having more success? Odd as that may be.

Would you please take the poll and then add by posting:
1. If you you think it helped you
2. What is your rota on it like, ie. One week on, One week off, or two weeks, or without break etc.
3. Dosage

Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 03:17

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

My order arrived literally five minutes ago! I got the gel capsules. Will start taking it this afternoon and let you know the results in due course
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 03:57
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I take the liquid form and take 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops in the evening. One week on then one week off. Yes, I believe it has helped me alot.

Good luck with yours.

#4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:21

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I've been taking it and find I'm not near as bloated as ususal. I take the gel caps also.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:31

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I am taking the capsules, not for weight loss, but because some people mentioned an increase in energy. I have noticed no difference.

Jen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:52
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I took the capsules, then decided to go off them for two weeks and then back on for two weeks. Each time I went back on, I bloated a few pounds. When I stopped taking them, the bloat went away. I hear Oil of Oregano works wonders for some people, but it seems to be useless for me!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 07:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I am taking the capsules and I don't think it has done anything for me. It certianly hasn't helped with the weight loss as for energy I will see once I have used up the bottle and stop taking it.
angie
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 08:11

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm doing the drops, and haven't really decided if I'll take time off from it yet. I've lost 5 lbs in 2 days though, so it appears to have helped me.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 08:17

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

I took the capsules for awhile, but after the initial 2 lb loss...nothing. Except for a rash breakout on one of my eyelids. After I stopped taking the OoO, the rash went away.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:15

Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I started taking it yesterday.. liquid form. My first mistake was to put 2 drops in my bottle of water.. ughh it smells like menthol/antiseptic and it was hard going drinking it all.. I would take a few sips at a time and when I reopened the bottle I had to hold my nose LOL Today I put two drops in about 1/2 inch of water and it was much easier to swallow it all and the taste soon left. I am taking it for the wonderful properties its supposed to have .. too early yet to tell if its working for me
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:17
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi24
I started taking it yesterday.. liquid form. My first mistake was to put 2 drops in my bottle of water.. ughh it smells like menthol/antiseptic and it was hard going drinking it all.. I would take a few sips at a time and when I reopened the bottle I had to hold my nose LOL Today I put two drops in about 1/2 inch of water and it was much easier to swallow it all and the taste soon left. I am taking it for the wonderful properties its supposed to have .. too early yet to tell if its working for me

I had to laugh when I read this. I did the same thing but in a big cup of water. No one in the family will drink from that cup now cause it still smells like oregano.

I put mine in water in a shot glass and GULP!

Good luck to ya.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:22

Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default uhoh

I went into the kitchen this morning about 20 minutes after taking my oregano oil and it reeked of oregano ! Guess I have my own OoO glass now as I doubt it will be used by others LOL
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:22
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

I tried the oil of oregano last week, but never again! I had horrible side effects with it. Within a day of starting it, I was overcome by hot feelings (almost like hot flashes) to the point of extreme nausea and weakness. I researched some of the symptoms and found that other people had experienced a "warm feeling," but my symptoms were horrible and unbearable! As soon as the "waves" of nausea and hot feelings hit, the only thing I could do was lie down until it passed. It was awful! The most I ever took was a capsule in the morning and a capsule in the evening. Within 2 days of quitting the stuff, the symptoms mysteriously disappeared! I'm tossing the rest of it. I'm glad it helps some people, but it's definitely not for me! Ugh!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

hmmm i'm thinking about taking it myself... but i am wondering how to get the liquid drops, can you order it online? what brand is it? =0)
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:52

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I started taking it and my weight went up right away and didn't go away until I stopped taking it. I didn't notice any changes other than that (energy, etc) after 2 weeks, so I threw the rest away.

It works for some, not for others. All you can do is try and see how you react to it, right?