Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 17:44

Plan: Atkins/CAD/PP
Stats: 178/172/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Smile 2nd time around?

Hi Everyone!

I'm 27 years old. Last July 15, 2001 I registered with the Protein Power Plan. I stayed on it for 6 mths, on and off, and dropped from 185 to 175. The first 6 mths of this year, all I did was work out, and no diet. I went back up to 178. So I am sort of back where I started, in the sense that, I know I have to diet and exercise to make it work. I've always tried to look at low carbing as not a diet but a way of life. I would be great for 6 mths, and then all of a sudden the holidays would ruin it. Now, I am going to try CAD. Let's see how this works. I think this may help me feel as though carbs are not the enemy if they are eaten properly. We'll see.

I am optimistic. I am taking graduation pictures in November, 14 weeks from now. I am hoping for a 20lb loss by then, but will not be dissappointed with a 15lb loss either. I am doing cardio 5 days a week for at least 30 min. I hope this speeds up the weight loss process. I know it's not whats on the scale, but how I feel. No matter what, I know I will feel great.

Good luck to you all.
I hope to post as often as I can.

Joni
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.5/183.5/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Good luck!

Hi Joni,

Many of us have started and stopped for one reason or another. It's great that you are adding exercise and making low-carb living work for you! You only gained three pounds back so that's an accomplishment in itself.

I wish you the best this second time around!