Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default 6th Day today and a few questions

Today is my 6th day, and I am feeling good. Haven't really seen any weight loss yet, but I plan to average my weight after tomorrow, and then use that as my benchmark.

I was wondering about the timing of drinks and the RM. I have given up all diet soda, and I am drinking at least 64 oz of water a day, working on trying to increase. I have been allowing myself 2 - 3 cups of unsweetened iced tea (from a mix). The Hellers wrote that coffee or tea are fine, but I wonder if the mix is fine, or if I need to brew suntea. I usually will have one when I get home from work, and sip on it until my RM. It is not sweet, but it does have 1 carb. I am wondering if this may be the reason that I haven't seen the scale really move yet. Is it ok to drink before the RM, or do I ned to stick with water, and then include it in the 60 minutes?

Any words of wisdom or advice?

Thanks so much,
Kelly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 09:35

Stats: 160/157/145 Female 5'-3"
BF:
Progress:

I Am Very Skeptical About Those Drinks Because I Do Not Have Good Luck With Aspertame. Since You Have Just Started, And After The Two Weeks See If You Lose Any Weight And Go From There; But One Carb In The Drink Should Not Do Much Damage.
Girl, It Is Basically Trial And Error With The Plan Good Luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 09:40
Registered Member

Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thank you Aundra.......if I forgot to specify, the mix is unsweetened, if that makes a difference.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 13:32
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I don't think that would do anything bad, especially if it's unsweetened like you said. If you look at the ingredients, what's listed? There may be traces of things like maltodextrin or another filler in the mix, but I really don't think at 1 gram of carbs, it'd be enought to interfere with your loss.