Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 17:36

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177/164/160 Female 5'6"
BF:34.3/
Progress: 76%
Default 4 days down.......

okay, I'm getting a bit excited here...4 days on CAD and three lbs down! Hard to believe considering the junk I have been eating at my RM (hee hee). I am curious about the weight loss though, I figure it is probably water at this point. What have other people lost during their initial weeks and what is average weekly loss on CAD? I am so excited and feel great!!

I am very hungy in between meals though - does this get better?

Last edited by morningsun : Tue, May-27-03 at 17:43.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 18:52

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Yes, the hunger should start to subside soon. If not, check your CM's for hidden carbs or post some menus and let us take a look.

I initially lost about 8lbs fairly quickly and since have slowed. My average is a bit less than a pound per week. Sounds like you're doing really great!

Welcome,
Deb
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 05:02

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

congrats morningsun!!!!

any weight gone is good weight. hehe. My initial loss in the first week was 3 or 4 lbs. I forget which. It stayed off but I slowed down after that. If I had to guess Id guess it averages to about a lb a week like deb though I go some weeks without losing and lose 2 another week.

Good luck. keep it up

Jaden
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 05:11

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Morningsun

Congratulations on a great start to your CAD life.

When I started, I lost 8lbs the first week. I have averaged 2lbs a week since the beginning, but you have to remember I have a lot more to lose and that makes a difference. I fully expect my average loss to slow down over time, as it has already.

Way to go!

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:12

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 184/179/139
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy Help! Can't find my way around.

Hi there,
First of all, I am sorry to use this reply to get my question answered. I am brand new and don't know how to navigate in this message board.
Can someone PLEASE help me. I am desperate to connect with others in the same boat. I don't know how to post and even to read recent messages other than todays.

[B]Is there a help section BESIDES the faq section?

I am so thrilled with the CAD, it seems to be perfect for me. Started just 2 days ago and already lost 4 lbs (I know, it's all water) but I am so happy because I truly feel like I don't know what moderation is AND this way of eating makes me feel in control. For the first time, I am ALMOST as excited about how I feel than how much weight I am losing (well almost, don't get me wrong) I would LOVE to know if others feel the same way.
I tried Atkins and it just wasn't for me. I couldn't maintain it for long and isn't that the whole point....to establish a new way of eating for life, not just a quick fix.

Please, can someone help me? I really would appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Anna
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 14:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

error

Last edited by Jalera2003 : Wed, May-28-03 at 15:00.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:12

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177/164/160 Female 5'6"
BF:34.3/
Progress: 76%
Default Welcome Anna Lai!

Hi and welcome,
To post a new question click 'new thread' where it says post thread type a hint about what you are talking about. Then wait for responses. A hint, after you type your message look for check boxes un the message section. If e-mail is selected you will get notified everytime someone leaves you a note, this can be a pain!
Good luck Anna!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 19:40

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

You might want to think about starting a journal for all of us to visit and "talk" with you. This is how...on any page press on the words Active Low-Carber Forums near the yellow check at the top of the page. then scroll down to low carb boot camps and select the first letter of your name. The first post will tell you how to start your own!! Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 19:48

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
What have other people lost during their initial weeks and what is average weekly loss on CAD?

Your question made me curious, so I had to go get my old Journal and look it up. In my first week on CALP I lost 7 pounds. In the first month I lost 21 pounds. By the end of two months I lost 28 pounds...... at three months I was down 35 pounds...... mmmm..... at six months I was down 43 pounds. It took me a while, but eventually I lost 50 pounds.

As you can see, I started out by loosing a lot really quickly, and then it tapered off to a slow steady weight loss. I also started going to the gym on a regular basis which has helped more than the scale will ever show.

I must admit, I have been stuck at the same old place for FOREVER......and those last 5 pounds might just prove to be impossible to lose. But that's okay, my clothes fit, my feet don't hurt and I feel like a totally new person.

Best wishes to you all.....
You CAN do this!
Libby