Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 12:40

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/195/143 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress:
Cool New here

Hello. I’m new here and am starting the SBD tomorrow. I’ve been trying to diet for months now and just can’t get through one single day. It sure is depressing. I want to lose about 50 lbs and tone up. I’m determined now to really stick to this plan.

How has the plan worked for you? How much weight did you lose during phase one?? How much after? Anything else I need to know about the diet.

Thank you so much for you time….

Alicia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 15:06

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Welcome AliciaP glad to have you join us at the Beach.

The best thing I can suggest is for you to print off the food lists and meal plans. These are here on the fourm on the SB Babes thread on page 41. Just go to that thread then go to page 41 scroll down you'll find them there.
These are from the official SB site.

These lists make the SB plan so easy to do.

As you can see from my stats I've done pretty good so far. I've been at it for a while. And still moving towards my goal.

Good Luck.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-08, 12:29

Plan: hflc
Stats: 232/200/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello and Welcome, I lost 12 lbs in phase one and trust me, I was eating a lot!!! That's what got me through the restrictiveness of it. By the second week my appetite had diminished substantially and from then on I've been eating "normal" size portions of things that are good for me. So far I am four weeks into phase two and my average loss per week has been 1.7 lbs. You really have to get through those first two weeks in order to get rid of the suagr cravings. I ate a lot of sugar free jello in the beginning to help with that and now I don't feel the need for it at all. I actually enjoy getting my sweet fix from fruit! Good luck. You can do it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-08, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default just starting too

Hi Alicia,

I am just starting South Beach too. I don't have the experience of the other SB posters, but I would be happy to chat now and again and perhaps encourage each other along.

I have a journal which I restarted earlier this week - the first bundle of posts were from when I did Atkins 4 years ago. Feel free to post there or if you set up a journal I will pop in and say hi.

Barb
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 12:32
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaP
Hello. I’m new here and am starting the SBD tomorrow. I’ve been trying to diet for months now and just can’t get through one single day. It sure is depressing. I want to lose about 50 lbs and tone up. I’m determined now to really stick to this plan.

How has the plan worked for you? How much weight did you lose during phase one?? How much after? Anything else I need to know about the diet.

Thank you so much for you time….

Alicia

Welcome Alicia!!

It worked out great for me. I've lost a total of 124 lbs and been maintaining now since 12/2005. I've changed my life!!

There are lots of ins and outs to making this wokr for each of us as indivuals. So what wokred for me may not be true for you. As you go through the process, keep asking quesitons and we'll give you good feedback. Ultimately, its up to you to figure out what your body needs and does well with.

Good Luck!